Was It Better In The Old Days?

svenivan

For the long time now mumbojumbo has had the ability to p!ss people off with one post a week. Put him on ignore if you ever feel the urge to respond.

Scea, I thought maybe you were agreeing with jumbo but maybe I missread it. You weren't Tayto in a previous were you ?

For the long time now mumbojumbo has had the ability to p!ss people off with one post a week. Put him on ignore if you ever feel the urge to respond.

Scea, I thought maybe you were agreeing with jumbo but maybe I missread it. You weren't Tayto in a previous were you ?

No, but I know who was....

Dear Sven,

My only response to this thread will be a quotation of the English philosopher, statesman,

scientist, lawyer, jurist and author Sir Francis Bacon, Viscount St. Alban:

"Things alter for the worse spontaneously,

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . if they be not altered for the better designedly"

55555...!

Limbo :yohan:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-019994000 1282098446_thumb.jpg

That is BS, i have put good informative info on this forum a lot longer than you. Ignore me if you like. What i don't do is respond to every thread, like you.

That is BS, i have put good informative info on this forum a lot longer than you. Ignore me if you like. What i don't do is respond to every thread, like you.

sceadugenga is a forum God and does not post enough IMHO! :clap2:

sceadugenga is a forum God and does not post enough IMHO! :clap2:

Wow! A post on the CR forum from the guy who busted open the hornet's nest a couple of nights ago! What a deal!

How are you, UG? I'll be stopping in to see you again in about a month.

Yeah, Scea does some good contributing here, doesn't he? But been a little quiet lately. Maybe your contribution will engage his keyboard again in the CR forum.

I think the BS thing in the post above refers to Beef Steak.

Mumbojumbo, I like you !

You have had many very good and helpful posts in this forum

and you have had a couple maybe not so good.

But the one that not had a bad post in this forum throw the first stone!

That excludes VF that is infallible.

<_<:mellow:<_<

Edited by svenivan

I don't know MJ, so I don't know if I like him or not. He won't stop by my house and let me aggravate him a little. But I do like his posting here. As many have said before, it would be boring if all of us were the same. We need him and his take on things. His take and opinion is just as important as anyone else's whether we all agree with it or not. That is what makes the world go round instead of standing still.

As far as the forum changing, of course it is. And the owner of the forum is making changes to cause it to become even more changed; more of a social networking thing as much as a forum. That will suit some and not suit others. Either way is fine with me. I can throw the rhetorical punches as well as the next guy but I prefer not to.

I think some of the change we see has nothing to do with the forum itself, but is a product of how the younger (slightly) crowd has been involved with the Internet for a long time now. Society and the way we do things is changing, so not extraordinary that it is showing up on the CR forum too. And even I, a not so young, not so old guy, cringed when that fellow asked a while back if there was any interest in CR for a "trance" party. Good grief! What is this world of mine and mumbojumbo's coming to? So, I see where he is coming from.

Still, as someone else says, sometimes people write things here that piss others off. And as his advice further stated, we just need to let it go instead of getting aggravated about. I got aggravated. Shouldn't have. But probably will next time. It is who I am. And then I'll get over it.

Edited by kandahar

I don't know MJ, so I don't know if I like him or not. He won't stop by my house and let me aggravate him a little. But I do like his posting here. As many have said before, it would be boring if all of us were the same. We need him and his take on things. His take and opinion is just as important as anyone else's whether we all agree with it or not. That is what makes the world go round instead of standing still.

As far as the forum changing, of course it is. And the owner of the forum is making changes to cause it to become even more changed; more of a social networking thing as much as a forum. That will suit some and not suit others. Either way is fine with me. I can throw the rhetorical punches as well as the next guy but I prefer not to.

I think some of the change we see has nothing to do with the forum itself, but is a product of how the younger (slightly) crowd has been involved with the Internet for a long time now. Society and the way we do things is changing, so not extraordinary that it is showing up on the CR forum too. And even I, a not so young, not so old guy, cringed when that fellow asked a while back if there was any interest in CR for a "trance" party. Good grief! What is this world of mine and mumbojumbo's coming to? So, I see where he is coming from.

Still, as someone else says, sometimes people write things here that piss others off. And as his advice further stated, we just need to let it go instead of getting aggravated about. I got aggravated. Shouldn't have. But probably will next time. It is who I am. And then I'll get over it.

Ha, this "Can we have a Trance party" posting was funny. A lot of people reacted thinking it was some party for men dressing up like women!

It was not, the guy was a DJ and he had a lot of "Trance music" what ever that is. He wanted to have a music party with his special music.

Many people was posting in the topic, I did not and mumbojumbo did not.

I still do not understand why some people got aggravated, the miss-understanding were coming from their own mind.

I probably been to a Trance party myself years ago, on a sailingtrip to Denmark, in the evening we ended up in a Disco place. The music was strange, everyone dancing, noone with someone else. Just moving the way you wanted. It was not hurtful with the right amount of Whisky and beer.

So when is next Trance party in Chiang Rai?

B):DB)

I wasn't at all aggravated about the trance posting or the replies. That one tickled me, made understand how young I am NOT and showed me a bit of the future of this forum.

Other words have aggravated me. But on to better things.

If I can recall the Trance Thread, I was going to organise something in Phayamengrai, The Inlaws & I where planning on crashing one of VF's tea Partys and turning it into a Trance Party. But the DJ never got back to us. Vf's got his own Mushrooms at the moment so we would only need to bring "Thai Wiskey" and maybe some 'Jesus & mary chain' to get rid of VF.

I do like this quote from one of our inglourious members :-

"I still do not understand why some people got aggravated, the miss-understanding were coming from their own mind."

Its speaks Volumes; to me anyway :D

And VF's Joke about standing in a field and Beef steak was probably one of the funniest things I've read on here.

Isn't life full of surprises :D

This post of mine has a very easy explanation. It was either edited and hidden, or i was drunk, or i am going blind. I don't have time to analyze all your posts biff.

I wasn't analysing your post, I don't want, need, nor did I ask for, an explanation. I just thought it was funny. As for what you do with my posts, that's entirely up to you.