90 Day Reporting By Mail

For 90 day reporting, the requirement for notification by Registered Mail includes:

‘Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp’

Does this really mean ALL passport pages or just those relevant to the initial arrival in Thailand (including Non Imm visa) and subsequent extensions?

The reason I ask is that one of the requirements for a ‘Retirement Visa’ is a copy of all passport pages. When I took two copies of ALL my passport pages for my retirement visa the lady immigration officer smiled sweetly and returned all except the ID pages, Non-Imm visa, Thailand entry stamp page and TM 6 (Arrival/Departure card).

So, logically I should send only the relevant pages with my mail notification but, since logic is in short supply here, is that acceptable or should I play safe and send a copy of ALL pages?

I do not think it is all pages, or even all pages involving Thailand. I think it is just all relevant pages for your current visa. You also need copies of your Arrival card, front and back.

I have done mail 90 day reporting several times now with this appraoch without problems.

One thing you forgot is the need to sign and date each copy somewhere (best at bottom) on the page.

And of course do not forget the stamped and addressed return envelope.

Thanks paulfr.

I know about signing and dating copies and the SAE.

Just wanted to know if just copies of the relevant pages was acceptable.

Seems that it is so I will go with that.

If anyone else disagrees, speak up quick, I'm mailing in on Monday!

I have never used the mail system but there was no mention of any requirement to sign anything other than TM47 in instructions provided by immigration. I have never dated any copy that I provide for visa extension so do not believe that would be a requirement in any case. Below is the check list of reasons for being unable to process a mail application. But this was from about a year ago so not sure if still exactly the same. Hopefully we will have more input with recent experience.

your mail con not be processed because the required documents are missing.  Please send us the following documents.

1 photocopy of the photo page of your passport.

the photocopy of your current visa (last visa) on your passport.

the photocopy of your arrival card. (TM6)

the original of your most recent 90 day registration

the original of your new 90 days registration receipt.  Don't forget to sign your name (tm47)

your document can not be processed because you have passed the 90 days limit.  you must come to the nearest immigration office in person to pay fine 2,000 baht.

Your quoted requirements (below) look to be right Lop but, when I got my 'retirement' extension, I was given a 'flyer' by the Immigration Officer which states 'all' pages. I think it was intended to read 'all relevant pages'

If others reporting by mail have got away with the relevant pages then I shall submit the same. The worst that can happen is that they send it back with a request for the missing pages but at least they will have had the 'relevant' pages.

As to signatures on the copies I shall sign and date them anyway.

thanks

I have never used the mail system but there was no mention of any requirement to sign anything other than TM47 in instructions provided by immigration.  I have never dated any copy that I provide for visa extension so do not believe that would be a requirement in any case.  Below is the check list of reasons for being unable to process a mail application.  But this was from about a year ago so not sure if still exactly the same.  Hopefully we will have more input with recent experience.
your mail con not be processed because the required documents are missing.  Please send us the following documents.

1 photocopy of the photo page of your passport.

the photocopy of your current visa (last visa) on your passport.

the photocopy of your arrival card. (TM6)

the original of your most recent 90 day registration

the original of your new 90 days registration receipt.  Don't forget to sign your name (tm47)

your document can not be processed because you have passed the 90 days limit.  you must come to the nearest immigration office in person to pay fine 2,000 baht.

Agree fully with lopburi.

Did exact the same several times now without any delay received my 90 days confirmation and a new blank form and ALL the copies of the pasport(I will use them again and again and again... I only change the date below the page where I signed.

I also have done the "mail thing" several times. Only sent copies of the relevant pages of the passport (as per above mentioned). No problem. I did sign each copy because I have a printout of the procedure in English that says "don't forget to sign the copies". Not sure what would happen if I didn't sign them, and don't really want to find out. :o

I just got my receipt of notification back from Immigration. I mailed the TM47 to them (registered mail) about two weeks ago.

The handout that was returned with the receipt doesn't mention signing the photocopies. It asks for photocopies of:

1. photo page of passport

2. current visa

3. departure card

4. last entry stamp

Changes from the previous handout I got are:

1 - Self-addressed envelope needs a 10 baht stamp. This up from 5 baht before.

2 - Mailing address is now:

Room 20b, Immigration Bureau (was room 401 before).

3 - Phone number is now: 0-228-3101 thru 10 ext. 2263 (ext. was 2240 before)

I've never been the 'mailing' way before but have been thinking about it. Does anyone know if the form has to be posted to BKK immigration or will they process these at a local office? My reason for asking this is that we have regular 'visa runners' to the border (about 20 km past immigration) and, given the correct timing, they could hand carry a number of TM 47's, drop off at immigration, and pick up on the way back.

Hi Jay,

The written instruction ( Thai and English) I received from immigration bureau says:

Simplefied procedure for 90 days registration by mail.

Send registered mail to:

90 days registration

Room 401 ( that has changed now into 20B),Immigration Bureau

Soi Suan Plu

South Sathorn Road

Bangkok 10120

As`said B4,works fine

Hi Jay,

I have been extending my 12-month retirement visa at Cap Cheoun and also use the same office for the 90-day report by mail. I send the form by EMS and include a stamped and addressed envelope for the return of the new 90-day report. I usually have the new form and next reporting date within 5 to 7 days.

Immigration's address is:

เรี ยนด่ าน ตม. กาบเชิ ง

อ.กาบเชิง

จ.สุรินทร์

P.S. Not trying to be clever (I can't write Thai) but that is the address as given to me by Immigration at Cap Cheoun - and it works!

Hi Jay,

I have been extending my 12-month retirement visa at Cap Cheoun and also use the same office for the 90-day report by mail. I send the form by EMS and include a stamped and addressed envelope for the return of the new 90-day report. I usually have the new form and next reporting date within 5 to 7 days.

Immigration's address is:

เรี ยนด่ าน  ตม. กาบเชิ ง

อ.กาบเชิง

จ.สุรินทร์

P.S.  Not trying to be clever (I can't write Thai) but that is the address as given to me by Immigration at Cap Cheoun - and it works!

I use the same office. Have been doing for 5 years. Once they cleared out the old timers and got the two girls in, it is far more efficient. Retirement extension - in and out in 20 minutes, last month. I may try the EMS for my next report.

BTW, whereabouts in Surin do you live?

We know that the official term is: Long stay permit Non immigrant O (-A).

Everybody uses retirement and we know what we mean.

Search this forum and you will see that many words have been spoken about this subject :o

The MFA wording for the approved one year stay type visa for retirement is called

VISA ISSUANCE FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE [ NON-IMMIGRANT "O-A" (LONG STAY)]          This type of visa will be issued to applicants aged 50 years or above wishing to take retreat in the Kingdom at least for the period of one year.

The extension provided by immigration is an extension of stay and the reason is stamped retirement.

90 Day Registration

Room 401, Immigration Bureau

Soi Suan Plu

South Sathorn Road

Bangkok 10120

Signed and dated copies of ....

1/ TM47 Form

2/ Passport pages; Photo, Entry Visa Type, Retirement Stamp

3/ Arrival card, front and back

4/ Last 90 day receipt

5/ Stamped (3 Bath) Self addressed envelope for the return receipt

:o

Just a little...:o:D I went in person to Phuket Immigration yesterday for my 90-day report. I sat opposite the Residency section as there was already someone else being processed. One of the immigration guys who I know was free called me over. I said "90 day report". He said "I know!". So I gave him my passport and opened out my old "Receipt of Notification" - the bottom of the TM47 form. He asked "Everything the same?". I said "Yes, still at the same address". So he stamped the old form with a new report date, signed it and gave it back to me. "Khob khun khab!". All done and out the door in about 45 seconds. Can't get much better than that! :D

Satu

Didn't you read all the posts of this topic?

Somebody just gave the information about changed room number and telephone number and stamp value!!

Or.. do you want to telll us that that is not true??

Jay

I arrived on a long stay visa and not a married to a thai visa,although I am as you know.

Thai embassy as well as moving company advised for "retirement" visa.In that way I also don't need to bring my wife around extending my visa