Claudia And Other

Limbo

Khun Claudia wrote:

..... and a mailing list or newsletter of news/cultural events in and around town. I'm willing to help get it started if anyone else is serious and would like to help.

Two questions:

Does anyone know any farang women who live in Chiang Rai? And by any chance, are they in their 20s or early 30s? I'm new to town, and I really hope I am not the only one.

Also, are there any teaching jobs going at the moment, in town or out towards Mae Lao (Wat Rong Khun area)? I'm not sure who to contact, any help would be apperciated.

Reply Limbo:

Thanks Claudia and be assured that you are not standing alone.

Out of privacy reasons I can not mention names, but I immediatly thought about a French lady who is working as a teacher at the Alliance Francaise of Chiangrai.

Location: Thanon Rayotha, soi 1 (at Pratu Chiangmai the first soi to the left after the Shell gasoline station, after 70 meters at your right). Just walk in, you are certainly welcome there!

I also thought about a Dutch lady who is working as a teacher at the Montessori school of Chiangrai, not far from the Rimkok road (traffic lights at the big market there). You will find signs , pointing out the right direction. I don't think you can walk in during school hours, but you might give it a try at lunchtime.

In your area I don't know teacher jobs. The only thing I know is that many schools are getting a budget for hiring foreign (English) teachers.

Especially the area around Chalermchais white temple needs English speaking people in the future. The area around the White Temple at Rong Khun is commercializing very fast at the moment.

I am absolutely sure that nobody would mind if you just would walk into a school for a visit (and a talk).

Do you know the AMEC school in Ban San Sai Noi? When you come from the white temple and follow the superhighway to Chiangrai, you will see the school (I guess after about seven or eight kilometers, colors white and blue) at your right side.

The AMEC school is a bilingual government school.

It is maybe not too far from your area and somewhere I have the feeling that they would be interested. A very nice and professional Dutch lady plays an important role there in its staff.

Good luck and stay in touch!

Limbo