Picture At Immigration In Don Muang

Hi everyone,

I've just read on another forum that there's now a picture taken of yourself at the immigration counters entering Bangkok via Don Muang airport.

Is this a joke or not ?

If true, does this seriously increase the waiting time in the queue ?

Thanks for infos

ITS TRUE

We left on tues

not all the lines were operational

They guy on the desk said it was so they can match your pic at the boarding gate,but that didnt happen.

Yes it was slow but then they were still learning.

Hi everyone,

I've just read on another forum that there's now a picture taken of yourself at the immigration counters entering Bangkok via Don Muang airport.

Is this a joke or not ?

Thanks for infos

It would make sense to install both, in and out.

The idea is to photoscan your face and compare it with the pictue in your p/port.

Obviously, a computer can do this more effcient than an immigration officer trying to visually find out if you are the same guy as the one in the years-old p/port.

Seems they started first in terminal 2 at BKK aiorport.

Hi everyone,

Is this a joke or not ?

Thanks for infos

Arrived this afternoon. No pictures taken of arriving passangers.

Hi everyone,

Is this a joke or not ?

Thanks for infos

That would be Air Asia and Terminal 1 right? Axel posted they starting this process in Terminal 2.

Hi everyone,

Is this a joke or not ?

Thanks for infos

That would be Air Asia and Terminal 1 right? Axel posted they starting this process in Terminal 2.

Yes to all the above

I don't think you have seen the end of identifiction coming and going. With the announced U.S. funded computer identification system and information sharing program, expect eventual identification proceedures as when entering the U.S., perhaps picture ID and recognition software may be the route Thailand has elected to take but rest assured your picture will be scanned and compared with the U.S. managed and Thai shared "wanted" database before their done.

I work in Pakistan and they take your photo on entry and exit. Perfectly normal and I am used to it.

However at Lahore airport you have to nget your baggage throught the scanner again on arrival and Pakistanis have no idea of the term Queueing up.

The first time it happened I was polite for 10 minutes and then jpoined the general crush. This time I will use the 130 kg of my body weight and snarl a lot. That should work.

I notice they do this in Cambo, Poi Pet and Cham Yeam. Last time I took my wife to Dubai... Asians and Africans have to have some kinda of photo taken. I was told it was an eye scan ? A huge line but because we had a toddler with us they gave my wife the shortcut, looked at her passport and stamped us through with no pic, eyescan taken . I assume all this is because of the political situation with the US.

Had it done on at Gatwick last October and I was only flying to Edinburgh on Easyjet. Don't know if it's still going on but more stealthily. Supposed to be done on the return at Gatwick but we were so early that nobody was there to do it.

This is a system that i seem to recall was introduced at Heathrow recently but was keep quiet.

X-RAY machine that sees through air passengers’ clothes

AN X-RAY machine that sees through air passengers’ clothes has been deployed by security staff at London’s Heathrow airport for the first time.

The device at Terminal 4 produces a “naked” image of passengers by bouncing X-rays off their skin, enabling staff instantly to spot any hidden weapons or explosives.

But the graphic nature of the black and white images it generates — including revealing outlines of men and women — has raised concerns about privacy both among travellers and aviation authorities.

In America, transport officials are refusing to deploy the device until it can be further refined to “mask” passengers’ modesty. :o

The Terminal 4 trial — being conducted jointly by the British Airports Authority and the Department for Transport — became fully operational last month and is intended to run until the end of the year.

Its deployment has not been reported until now since new security measures at airports are not normally publicised. :D

Also on the id /photo side of things.. a couple of years ago wife and i were flying back to Stansted from Prestwick and at check in they insisted on some form of picture identification.

We had driven up there (but decided on cheap flight back)and apart from my driving license had no other immediate I.D. (passports to go to Scotland?)

Finally I managed to convince them that we were both OK by showing them our recently taken wedding photos...been up to show mum.

Happily and with a few smiles they accepted them and we managed to fly back. :D but doubt very much if it could work again. :D

Hi everyone,

Is this a joke or not ?

Thanks for infos

I am just curious why do you ask this question? :o