Pissup in Chiangmai Again?

Jockstar

Hi Guys,

sorry not to have responded sooner but I had to be re-admitted to hospital again last Thursday as the first operation I had did not go well, so I have just had another which was not much fun as you can imagine, got home a few hours ago

Bedrest again (99% of thetime the other 1% on TV,and NO ALCOHOL  :o as it interferes with my medication.

HOWEVER, that does not preclude me from coming, but obviously means I cant guarantee how I will be by then but I will do my damnest to be there. I'm more than happy to go to the Saloon as I can pre-book tables so I know I will be able to sit down, Ron's a great guy, even came in to see me three times while I was in there and his bar staff came in one day too, they are such nice folks.

So I am 90% in lads and will really look forward to meeting you. (At last)

BTW you know that HM Queens actual Birthday is an "alcohol free" day, no I dont mean FREEE ALCOHOL- just NO ALCOHOL, if my fading numbed up morphinised memory serves me correctly.

Cheers

TP

hi lads count me in on piss up bye the way has thai girl in rons bar had here baby yet

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok firstly this isnt 100% definate YEt! But since i gotta go to CM around the Queens birthday. Maybe! Seems a good reason to have pissup(read pub crawl) I gotta find a band for my wedding so seems a good enough reason for a pub crawl/pissup, Anyone keen? I know chuchok and Jackr will be up for it. Anyone else? Thaipauly if you are up for it and feeling better then why not since you missed the last one? So anyone else?

hi lads im up for it will be in cm saloon on 25th mike

Ok firstly this isnt 100% definate YEt! But since i gotta go to CM around the Queens birthday. Maybe! Seems a good reason to have pissup(read pub crawl) I gotta find a band for my wedding so seems a good enough reason for a pub crawl/pissup, Anyone keen? I know chuchok and Jackr will be up for it. Anyone else? Thaipauly if you are up for it and feeling better then why not since you missed the last one? So anyone else?

hi lads im up for it will be in cm saloon on 25th mike

Be great to see you Mike.We are talking about a date of the 13th though.Day after HRH Birthday. :o

Hi Guys,

sorry not to have responded sooner but I had to be re-admitted to hospital again last Thursday as the first operation I had did not go well, so I have just had another which was not much fun as you can imagine, got home a few hours ago

Bedrest again (99% of thetime the other 1% on TV,and NO ALCOHOL  :o as it interferes with my medication.

HOWEVER, that does not preclude me from coming, but obviously means I cant guarantee how I will be by then but I will do my damnest to be there. I'm more than happy to go to the Saloon as I can pre-book tables so I know I will be able to sit down, Ron's a great guy, even came in to see me three times while I was in there and his bar staff came in one day too, they are such nice folks.

So I am 90% in lads and will really look forward to meeting you. (At last)

BTW you know that HM Queens actual Birthday is an "alcohol free" day, no I dont mean FREEE ALCOHOL- just NO ALCOHOL, if my fading numbed up morphinised memory serves me correctly.

Cheers

TP

hi lads count me in on piss up bye the way has thai girl in rons bar had here baby yet

No, Fon hasn't had her baby yet, quite a while to go yet, good news is she is staying on and working part-time after the birth :D

When are you clowns going to have a sober-up?  So many pissups -- hardly original!   :D  :D  

Invite some Thai fellas too -- it doesn't look good that soooo  many Brits fly all the way to a foreign country just to meet other Brits.    :D

Mr. Choo Choo, what do you say?

:o  :D

:D

What a weirdo

Not all Brits. Why don't you come along so we can all have a laugh.

:D:D

Ye why not come? This is open to everyone. Ye! Come then we can have a laugh.

:D

Count one Aussie in , gotta give you blokes someone to poke s**t at :D

I will be in town on the 13th. I would like to meet and have a few beers with you all.

Your more than welcome. Chuchok and jackr. Venue?

Count me in on the 13th - Another quiet guy from down under.

Good on ya Pantip. The more the merrier. :D:o

So far the roll cal is as follows.

Me+ missus

chuchok

jackr

mickmac?

millwallfan

juniorExpat

Thaipauly

true blue

p1p

Ozzydom

highonthai

Pantip

Not to bad so far. Hope people who say they are coming, do come. I remember the last one. A few people said they would come but didnt. Even dannam who lives in Phucket made it. So come on all you armchair piss artists. Get your arse in gear and come along and share a few small refreshments. :D:o

Me+ missus

chuchok

jackr

mickmac?

millwallfan

juniorExpat

Thaipauly

true blue

p1p

Ozzydom

highonthai

Pantip

Not to bad so far. Hope people who say they are coming, do come. I remember the last one. A few people said they would come but didnt. Even dannam who lives in Phucket made it. So come on all you armchair piss artists. Get your arse in gear and come along and share a few small refreshments. :D  :o

50-60% turnout I reckon Jock, but we'll have a laugh whatever happens :D

Me+ missus

chuchok

jackr

mickmac?

millwallfan

juniorExpat

Thaipauly

true blue

p1p

Ozzydom

highonthai

Pantip

Not to bad so far. Hope people who say they are coming, do come. I remember the last one. A few people said they would come but didnt. Even dannam who lives in Phucket made it. So come on all you armchair piss artists. Get your arse in gear and come along and share a few small refreshments. :D  :o

50-60% turnout I reckon Jock, but we'll have a laugh whatever happens :D

Very true mate.

Lazy b*gger here - haven't checked the whole thread before asking these questions:

Is this a 'boys night' or are partners and/or sproggs welcome?

Does Ron know to expect a TV crowd?

JxP

My missus will be there. As for sprogs. Maybe not a good idea. Bring your missus. Gives mine someone to talk to. :o:D

Ron knows, just need an absolute confirmation of time and numbers around the 11th. I am happy to organise this if everyone can ABSOLUTELY CONFIRM they will be there and how many of you are bringing your Partner/Wife?Boyfreind? etc

Cheers

TP

No idea yet mate. JS will probably pick a venue closer to the time, or we could meet  the Saloon like last time?   :D

Chiang Mai Saloon would be a good place to start the beer flowing and get the old stomach lined but not really walkable to live music places . . . does Foxy Lady have live music? :o

As far as bands are concerned . . . I guess that means places like Brasserie, Good View etc will be on the tour - I've heard that the food at The Bear's Den is back up to scratch, they have live music (every night I believe but don't hold me to it) and . . . and . . . . and . . . . they have Old Speckled Hen on draft since last weekend :D

Off to check out your other thread . . . . . my brother in law plays in a popular (for popular read - does lots of weddings, funerals and other temple related events!) 'Lanna band' - might be too traditional for your needs . . .

JxP

The Bear's Den certainly does have OSH on draft, the only place in Northern Thailand, a brand new menu, and there are two bands on a Saturday night - all in a great location on the Ping river, perfect for a good piss up. The pub is now under professional owner management and can cater to all sorts of functions - the management being Irish is well versed in piss ups. Admittedly a little out of town but well worth the effort - Give Kevin a call on 09 557 2248!

post-10065-1122617860_thumb.jpg