BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sceadugenga

Airport Taxis

A common request here is "how much is a taxi from the airport to...."

Another is about alternative transport.

In 5 years and possibly 50 flights in and out of the airport I have never seen a tuktuk, independent taxi or songtaew working out of Chiang Rai airport. It's the airport taxi or walk out to the road.

These prices were current 1st August 2010.

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

Take a taxi or Songtaew.

You can flag them in the street or organise them through the guesthouse/hotel.

Thanks Scea. But someone will post the question next week anyway.

True, but the look on the staff's faces when I photographed their board was worth it anyway. :lol:

Okay. I'm just jumping up and down with excitement here- I'm requesting permission to dribble on this thread a bit.

Okay. I'm just jumping up and down with excitement here- I'm requesting permission to dribble on this thread a bit.

Permission denied! Now get back up that ladder!

Well, he should have given me permission. I have a good one just waiting to be typed. But I'll save it for another thread.

But his idea here is a really good one. He thinks of stuff like that.

looked like about 1 km to the main road from the terminal, and about 9 more to downtown.

looked like about 1 km to the main road from the terminal, and about 9 more to downtown.

Many moons ago in Chiang Rai we had an occasional visitor who was sometimes referred to as "Uncle Mushroom". Lovely fella in his 70's, I believe. On a whim .. maybe a bet(?) .. he once walked from the airport to downtown. I can't remember how long it took, but it sounded impressive at the time.

OK, scea......

Now you are in charge of keeping it updated with current data, pricing, etc.

:)

Quick question about the taxis,

A friend of mine is arriving on the late flight from Bangkok (arrives 21:30 I believe?) I've arrived on this flight before but I was picking up a hire car and I can't remember if the taxis are still available at that time of the evening.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Biff

Biff, the Taxi's should be there at that time as well as those touting Taxi service due to many departing passengers arriving by taxi to catch that same plane.

Should be 200-300 into the main part of Chiang Rai.

That is not bad sonsidering what it scosts me in my own vehicle to come and go to the airport, plus I have to pay for the vehicle and insurance.

Taxi's are pretty cheap considering. That is only $6 - $9

Thanks :) I thought they should be there but you never know! :lol: I have some vague memory of the taxi office not being open when I last came in on the late flight, hopefully completely wrong but I don't want to tell my friend " yeah it will be fine" and it isn't! He'll be heading up to or house in Chiang Saen so it will be a while for him to wait for us if we have to borrow a vehicle and come get him!

No guarantee's on the office being open, should be, but there will always be the guys offering Taxi service right there as people come out of arrival baggage claim.