Airport Taxis

sceadugenga

Quiet night VF?

I noted some of the prices have increased last time I was there, maybe one of our frequent fliers can correct them.

Just thought I would see how many topics I could commandeer before someone stopped me. I nearly had the whole board.biggrin.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quiet night VF?

I noted some of the prices have increased last time I was there, maybe one of our frequent fliers can correct them.

Just thought I would see how many topics I could commandeer before someone stopped me. I nearly had the whole board.biggrin.png

Consider is comandeered . Well done that Man clap2.gif

Quiet night VF?

Consider is comandeered . Well done that Man clap2.gif

Far too easy. No challenge these days.

• 5 months later...

A question:

When I arrive at Chiang Rai airport from BKK at 09:35 (am) will there be any taxis available? Or do I have to preorder transportation or ask the hotel about airport shuttle?

Last time I visited Chaing Rai me and my (ex) Thai girlfriend arrived with a delayed Air Asia flight at 23:30 (11:30 pm) and there was no transportation available.

Luckily there was an expat lady at the airport to pickup her daughter who arrived with the same flight as us. My (OK, ex) girl friend happened to know this lady and her daughter and they where kind to give us a ride downtown Chaing Rai to the Wiang Inn hotel. The girl in the reception was kind enough to give us an Executive Suite for half the price. We had no booking since we arrived to Chiang Rai one day early from our original plan (we had booked a honeymone suite at the Phu Chai Sai resort...OK, that's another story...smile.png ).

There a couple of taxi booths there but I'm not sure what time they close.

I'm surprised to hear that not even one driver would have waited for a late plane.

There will definitely be something available at 9.30 am.

Thank you very much for your reply sceadugenga. Yeah, I guess it must be some transportation available at 9.30 am otherwise I would be very surprised. But on the other hand I've been very surprised before in the very nice and beautiful country Thailand. As I said, when we arrived at 11.30 pm there where no means of transportation at all, no taxis, no buses, no tuk-tuk's...I feel much calmer arriving early in the day. I don't fear a 10 kilometer walk but after travelling for about 20 hours I prefer to ride in style smile.png. I'm very much looking forward to visit Chiang Rai again, I love this place. Maybe I'll see you, who knows. Take care and have a good day. smile.png

• 3 months later...

Was there a couple a weeks ago, got back from Bangkok, called a metered taxi, walked outside the airport completely, I think they don't want to drive right to the front door and pick you up to avoid conflict with the airport taxis, it cost about 120 baht into town. In the airport I was offered a taxi for 400, the aw its only a few dollars attitude doesn't sit right with me.

• 2 months later...

Was there a couple a weeks ago, got back from Bangkok, called a metered taxi, walked outside the airport completely, I think they don't want to drive right to the front door and pick you up to avoid conflict with the airport taxis, it cost about 120 baht into town. In the airport I was offered a taxi for 400, the aw its only a few dollars attitude doesn't sit right with me.

Taxi service is a welcome relief to Chiang Rai.

post-42806-0-09986200-1367305301_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

The meter taxis sit in a bunch outside the airport gate on the main road down to the new stadium. It's probably about a 100 metre walk.

I am not totally sure but I think the ones you see sitting outside the gate have been called by arriving passengers....so to be sure probably better to call ahead as you are boarding plane in BKK .

The meter taxis sit in a bunch outside the airport gate on the main road down to the new stadium. It's probably about a 100 metre walk.

I am not totally sure but I think the ones you see sitting outside the gate have been called by arriving passengers....so to be sure probably better to call ahead as you are boarding plane in BKK .

I flew out of Chiang Rai in June. I drove and left my car at the airport. There were about 10 cabs waiting outside the gate and the next arrival was not for another hour.

• 2 months later...

Just to update a bit on the CR airport taxis: I flew in a few days ago arriving 9:15 am. There were about ten or more taxis sitting at the front gate waiting for any and all passengers. A couple quoted me a flat rate but when I said meter there was no problem. The meter was a bargain at 110 baht to Doi Hang, about a 20 min + ride. The last time I took the airport "limo" for the exact same trip it was a flat 500 baht quote.

I had thought you needed to call in advance for a meter taxi but that was not the case and it was not a problem to just show up. The walk from the terminal to the front gate area where they sit is only a couple of minutes.

I suspect over time that as the "limo" service continues to raise their rates that more and more people will choose to use the metered taxis. My driver spoke a bit of English and took the exact same shortest route from the airport to my house that I would have driven.

Thank goodness we in CR don't have to put up with a nonsense taxi mafia like the one that RULES Phuket.

Destination Distance (kms) Fare (Baht)

Ban Du
Nang Lae
Mae Khao Tom
Mae Yao
Mae Korn
Hauy Chompoo
Hauy Sak
Doi Lan
Pa Or Don Chai
Ta Sai
Doi Hang
Ta Sud
Wat Rong Khun

Mae Sai

Goldern Triangle

Thoeng

Chiang Khong

Doi Tung*

Mae Salong*

Doi Ang Khang*

Pha Tang*

Phu Chi Pah*

* routes considered to be up-hill

May be a bit diferent now this was when they started They can even take vf home when he has had too much starbucks.

Destination Distance (kms) Fare (Baht)

Ban Du

Nang Lae

Mae Khao Tom

Mae Yao

Mae Korn

Hauy Chompoo

Hauy Sak

Doi Lan

Pa Or Don Chai

Ta Sai

Doi Hang

Ta Sud

Wat Rong Khun

Mae Sai

Goldern Triangle

Thoeng

Chiang Khong

Doi Tung*

Mae Salong*

Doi Ang Khang*

Pha Tang*

Phu Chi Pah*

* routes considered to be up-hill

May be a bit diferent now this was when they started They can even take vf home when he has had too much starbucks.

Nice info. When I came in and went from airport to doi hang they told me it is ten baht per KM on the meter. I was actually surprised when the meter to my house only showed 110 baht as I thought/knew it was further than 11 km...the flag drop is 30 baht and I would assume they would then add ten baht per km on top of that but who knows how/why mine was so cheap..... maybe in CR we have the ONLY taxis in all Thailand where the meters show LESS than you expected? I gave the guy a nice tip so he was happy and so was I.

• 1 month later...

Archived