BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
kandahar

Makro- Chiang Rai

I like the bakery in Makro especially almond slices and danish pastry. I go for the 2 lit red wine at 4.35 - plonk really but drinkable. Just downed a couple of big glasses so have a bit of difficulty posting this.

Tried their so called Cumberland sausages - Yuk mai alloh!

Mrs Lman sells at the Thurs market at Bandu and I often pop into Makro for a few items. Check-outs 1 and 2 are for 10 items or less and even yesterday - mum's day holiday the place was seething with people but I got though the quick check-out very quickly.

I don't speak Thai. What is Yuk mai alloh? I bought Cumberland thin today. Never had them before. Just wanted to try my luck.

Question: Aloi Mae? =How does it taste?

Answer: Aloi = taste okay

Answer: Aloi Mak = taste very good

Answer: Mae Aloi = does not taste good

อร่อย = aroy = tasty

Clearly spelled with a trilled "r" but you would be hard pressed to find a Thai around here who is capable of pronouncing it that way, let alone a farang (also with a trilled "r" by the way). :)

อร่อย = aroy = tasty

Clearly spelled with a trilled "r" but you would be hard pressed to find a Thai around here who is capable of pronouncing it that way, let alone a farang (also with a trilled "r" by the way). :)

I've never heard my family pitch it with an R yet, even though I know that is how its supposed to be prounced the Aloi B)

Edited by Garry

Question: Aloi Mae? =How does it taste?

Answer: Aloi = taste okay

Answer: Aloi Mak = taste very good

Answer: Mae Aloi = does not taste good

I thought it was:

Question: Aloi Mai krap? =How does it taste?

Answer: Aloi krap = taste okay

Answer: Aloi Mak krap = taste very good

Answer: Mai Aloi krap = does not taste good

But I do not speak Thai! :blink:

I bought 1 kilo of Frankfurter sausages in Northern farm 10 days ago.

They were good, actually aroi mak mak krap! :P

I also bought 4 different types of Kavli bread, the large thin crackers.

Very good the day I can find good cheese here in Chiang Rai.

<_<:D:rolleyes:

Kandahar ... Photo-wise, This will be the begining of a beautiful friendship.

And maybe short-lived. I have spent the entire morning trying to get a photo of me with a couple of Kurdish kids in Iraq uploaded to my picture space and my avatar. No luck. I'm not a photo person on this thing. Gonna have to send it to scorpio or scea and ask one of them to resize for me and e-mail back. Have resized and it shows correctly in my "edit profile page" when I look at my pic and avatar but on the regular page, it doesn't show up. Still shows Bogart.

And maybe short-lived. I have spent the entire morning trying to get a photo of me with a couple of Kurdish kids in Iraq uploaded to my picture space and my avatar. No luck. I'm not a photo person on this thing. Gonna have to send it to scorpio or scea and ask one of them to resize for me and e-mail back. Have resized and it shows correctly in my "edit profile page" when I look at my pic and avatar but on the regular page, it doesn't show up. Still shows Bogart.

You will have to refresh your browser so that the old icon is deleted.

อร่อย = aroy = tasty

I like to rrrrrroll my ร's but seldom, if ever, hear anyone else doing it. Sometimes the kids do, but I guess they've just come from a half-day drilling of it in school.

Kind of like when I was at school, teachers trying to get kids from London to pronounce 'th' correctly "no, it's three hundred and thirty three thousand, three hundred and thirty three"

"yes miss, free 'undred an firty free faahsund free 'undred an firty free"

While we're at it VF, you may be able to help me, bit off topic here,sorry. I hear the 'ช' in เชียงแศน pronounced as more of a 'ts' than a straightforward 'English' sounding 'ch' are my ears working right? :)

อร่อย = aroy = tasty

I like to rrrrrroll my ร's but seldom, if ever, hear anyone else doing it. Sometimes the kids do, but I guess they've just come from a half-day drilling of it in school.

Kind of like when I was at school, teachers trying to get kids from London to pronounce 'th' correctly "no, it's three hundred and thirty three thousand, three hundred and thirty three"

While we're at it VF, you may be able to help me, bit off topic here,sorry. I hear the 'ช' in เชียงแศน pronounced as more of a 'ts' than a straightforward 'English' sounding 'ch' are my ears working right? :)

:offtopic::offtopic2::redcard1::redcard2:

What about "Thai Language Forum "

or " Teaching in Thailand Forum "

or " Gay in Thailand Forum " ?

This is " Food in Chiang Rai Forum" !

Mumbo, where are you ?

:unsure::huh::blink:

Edited by svenivan

Short lived or not ... here is looking at you kid.

อร่อย = aroy = tasty

:offtopic::offtopic2::redcard1::redcard2:

What about "Thai Language Forum "

or " Teaching in Thailand Forum "

or " Gay in Thailand Forum " ?

This is " Food in Chiang Rai Forum" !

Mumbo, where are you ?

:unsure::huh::blink:

yes, i apologised already, I said it was off topic. What do you think mumbo can do about it? Nice red cards and whistles btw. Oh and quite what you mean by the 'gay in thailand' comment I'm not sure, but if you're looking for the return of 'the old days' when people posted snide comments about each other then it seems you're off to a good start.

Short lived or not ... here is looking at you kid.

It was good while it lasted..... But all things must come to an end.

yes, i apologised already, I said it was off topic. What do you think mumbo can do about it? Nice red cards and whistles btw. Oh and quite what you mean by the 'gay in thailand' comment I'm not sure, but if you're looking for the return of 'the old days' when people posted snide comments about each other then it seems you're off to a good start.

Hey Biff, take it easy, do not be so sensitive, I just found some funny gifs and wanted some text to go with it!

:jap: :wai: :jap:

If its the Gif's with Biff , my chicken Legs & those ladyboys Sven. It was a misunderstanding; maybe we can come to an arrangement. what about 1000 baht for destroying the evidence :)

Biff, the Aircon in Makro do seem the same price as elsewhere, they do occasionally have some great offers on some of the not so well known brands. of which I have a couple.

You should consider one of the portable ones.