Makro- Chiang Rai

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear man ! I'll never ever going to get drunk with Leo Beer jubby...It has been tested over and over, i chased down 2 cartons of Leo and all i do is pissing it off. :D

Chang, 2 cartons, i'll be tipsy...maybe it's those years of training, mixing all sort of drinks every night.:huh:

That'll be Leo with lots of Ice for me. followed by a couple of gallons of Water before I can drive home.

I know people who say Chang makes them shed Skin, Its almost as bad as Coke :)

Ice with beer, jubby, that's just sacrilege.

And don'e even get me started with Leo :-)

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

Pizza is nice but on a warm eve there is nothing better than cold ice cream! Macro supplies Nestle ice cream in 3kg boxes that is of the best quality. I do no like ice milk but do enjoy a good scoop or 3 of quality ice cream.

Yes a good sized freezer is necessary for this size, that said it is less than half the price of the ice milk crap they pawn off on the unseasoned pallet's of the masses here. No beer is necessary but a good sugar rush is in store for anyone that knows the score of the ice cream at the Macro store!

man, thats Sh!ts bad for you.

My Kids wont drink it. Or not as much as they used to.

I've got them on small beer now, It'll put hairs on their Chests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_beer

I'll get my son to drink half a glass of Chang whenever me and the wife need to do over time :lol:

That'll do it RBH. I dont touch the stuff myself . Leo or Beer lao if I can get it. :)

What NO Tiger ?:annoyed:

Pizza is nice but on a warm eve there is nothing better than cold ice cream! Macro supplies Nestle ice cream in 3kg boxes that is of the best quality. I do no like ice milk but do enjoy a good scoop or 3 of quality ice cream.

Yes a good sized freezer is necessary for this size, that said it is less than half the price of the ice milk crap they pawn off on the unseasoned pallet's of the masses here. No beer is necessary but a good sugar rush is in store for anyone that knows the score of the ice cream at the Macro store!

We will give it a try next time. Thanks for the tip.

Kandahar

We picked up a box of the pizza's you started this thread about. They are very good for both what you get ,taste plus quality at a good price. We have a conventional oven and 17 min at 220c is perfect.

I do have one complaint though....They are gone in just 2 days and I am now clearing space in the freezer so there goes my salad and veggie summer! ~ The pool is getting colder and the pizza will be so much warmer so here I have a dilemma...more exercise or less beer....Hmmm Thanks for the tip, by the way the pizza is right next to the 3kg Nestle's ice cream....I detect a pattern here :rolleyes:

I swear man ! I'll never ever going to get drunk with Leo Beer jubby...It has been tested over and over, i chased down 2 cartons of Leo and all i do is pissing it off. :D

Chang, 2 cartons, i'll be tipsy...maybe it's those years of training, mixing all sort of drinks every night.:huh:

That'll be Leo with lots of Ice for me. followed by a couple of gallons of Water before I can drive home.

I know people who say Chang makes them shed Skin, Its almost as bad as Coke :)

Ice with beer, jubby, that's just sacrilege.

And don'e even get me started with Leo :-)

Regards

Will

Its more Ice than beer these days. I know its sacrilege, but its only Leo. No, no Tiger either. I had one bottle of Singha two days ago and didnt enjoy it. I used to. something serious has happened to my taste buds. At this rate I could be tee-total in a couple of weeks

MF, I'm glad you found a pizza that you like. Now, it sounds as if you need to buy a new freezer because yours is leaking the pizzas out too quickly.

I still have one of the first three pizzas that I bought. I ration them here at my house because I don't go to Makro often. We go maybe every four to six weeks.

Here's a tip for saving a little money, especially if you have a larger family living there with you. Toilet paper. Go to Home-Mart or one of the other large home stores and buy the hotel/restaurant type bathroom tissue dispensers. Then buy the package of four huge rolls of tissue at Makro and use that instead of the little rolls that come in the 24 packs or whatever it is that you buy. HUGE savings over the course of the year. I buy a new four pack about every six weeks or two months and I have two dispensers here.

I'll keep an eye out for a new freezer that does not leak pizzas and I'll let you know if I see one. Until then, you can store your pizzas in my freezer if you want to.

MF, I'm glad you found a pizza that you like. Now, it sounds as if you need to buy a new freezer because yours is leaking the pizzas out too quickly.

I still have one of the first three pizzas that I bought. I ration them here at my house because I don't go to Makro often. We go maybe every four to six weeks.

Here's a tip for saving a little money, especially if you have a larger family living there with you. Toilet paper. Go to Home-Mart or one of the other large home stores and buy the hotel/restaurant type bathroom tissue dispensers. Then buy the package of four huge rolls of tissue at Makro and use that instead of the little rolls that come in the 24 packs or whatever it is that you buy. HUGE savings over the course of the year. I buy a new four pack about every six weeks or two months and I have two dispensers here.

I'll keep an eye out for a new freezer that does not leak pizzas and I'll let you know if I see one. Until then, you can store your pizzas in my freezer if you want to.

Kandahar - You were right I looked at the freezer to locate the leak you spoke of after seeing a puddle near the door. The freezer looked fine then after looking closely at the puddle I saw the leak clearly...even is the murky water there I was staring back ...just a bit bigger that I see myself in my mind,(denile)

Huge toilet paper dispenser huh...does it come in a dining table model? :redcard2:

Trust me. The dispenser will pay for itself quickly and your trips to the market to keep buying the packs of small rolls will not be missed by you. And yes, it would be pretty easy to make or modify one for the dining room table. I actually use the second one at my house in my work-shop, near my coffee area and not for what it was intended for.

Glad you found that pizza leak.

The makro pizzas taste surprisingly good when cooked in the 999 broilers they had on offer recently (as do the frozen baguettes and pretty much everything else I have put in there for 5 to 10 mins and let it cook).

A couple of things I found at Makro in Cha am .. haven't seen them in Korat or KK.

Found near the plastic bags of tomato sauce and ketchup .. pasta sauce and pizza sauce. The latter has a pleasant bite to it. Both were very good value compared to the canned sauces.

Dark chocolate at about Bt 160 - 200/kg, depending if bits or a big block.

Kandahar

We picked up a box of the pizza's you started this thread about. They are very good for both what you get ,taste plus quality at a good price. We have a conventional oven and 17 min at 220c is perfect.

I do have one complaint though....They are gone in just 2 days and I am now clearing space in the freezer so there goes my salad and veggie summer! ~ The pool is getting colder and the pizza will be so much warmer so here I have a dilemma...more exercise or less beer....Hmmm Thanks for the tip, by the way the pizza is right next to the 3kg Nestle's ice cream....I detect a pattern here :rolleyes:

Where did you buy that oven? is the thermostat trustable?