Good Budget Hotel & Apartment In Laksi

Khun Bob

Hi

I'm shortly to start work in Laksi - North BKK - near Don Muang Airport - and have been looking at some of the websites mentioned throughout posts on Thai Visa. However the results have not been so good. There is not many listed and I guess this is due to the location - it is quite a way out from central BKK.

Does anyone know of a budget hotel or apartment/flat/studio they they could recommend in Laksi, close to Durakit Pundit University (DPU) ?

Are there any websites you could suggest that have something in Laksi ?

Do you know of any people, agents I could contact about this ?

I am intending on going have have a look round the place and doing some foot work, but because of the location, I would prefer to find a hotel in the area that I do my ground work from. I'm interested in the circa 500 Bt per night, or offering weekly rates. For an apartment - in the range 3000 - 6000 bt per month.

Thans in advance for your help..

Believe you will have to scout it out after you arrive as that area is directly under the flight path from Don Muang Airport so would not be suitable for hotels. I expect you should be able to find low price apartments but these are not something that a website would likely have.

You might want to consider something in the Muang Thong Thani area as that was designed as a "new city" but got caught in the 1997 downturn and never attracted the number of people it is designed for. There should be good apartments available but you would need to check on transport. It is not a ghost town anymore and might give you a better life style.

Gee whiz - i knew it was close to the airport, but right under the flight path ! Still it'l be almost home from home as im only 10 mins from heathrow now. Convenient, but i hope the planes arent too close !

Thanks for the advice lopburi - i agree with you that footwork is the best and i know other members have given advice on how to do that. I've got about 5 maps of bangkok, but none go into too much detail on laksi. I know it has a big c and a makro, but apart from that my map is very sparse ! Still i dont think i paid alot for it (nothing!)

I just wonder if there are some good maps of laksi i can look at on the internet ? Also i would imagine that i can get paper ones in bkk ? Any recommendations ?

Cheers

PS Also is there any basic, but reasonable hotels anyone could recommend in the proximity of Durakit Pundit University ?