Visa Transfer

This is my first time on visa forum any info on this would be appreciated, if by an Aussie who has had the same thing even better.

I renewed my Aus. passport (old one full) but my NonB visa was still valid in old passport, i was told by Aus. Emb. to go to Thai Immigration to get visa transfered to new passport, had the letter from Aus. Emb. all copys etc. but all i got was transfer of last arivel date and when i have to depart and that i arrived on nonB. I asked about transfer of visa and was told could not , and i had to go to Dept.of Consumer Affair's visa section, when i got there i was told they can not transfer, but i could still use my nonB visa which expires on Sep. 12 2005 from my old passport if immigration say its ok.

My problem is i was told by Aus. Emb. and is now advertised on ABC Aisa Pacific that once passport is cancelled i cannot use again. Any one out there with Aus. passport any info on this.

And any one know where best Thai Emb. to do Non B visa if i have to get new one My last one was from Sri Lanka any where closer and as easy as that now.

Also on the THREE YEAR Non B Visa i have read about on here. When i was at Consumer Affair's i had a talk to the Director of the vias section (spoke realy good english, a change) out there and asked him about this , his answer was "Yes this is in opperation but they don't know what dockments will be required to get one as yet" then he said " That if you go to some Thai. Emb. and they think you a very serious business man who want to serious invest in Thailand and give something to Thailand Then you may get". Also asked me what dockments i had to produce to get my last Non B Visa. So work that one out.

My problem is i was told by Aus. Emb. and is now advertised on ABC Aisa Pacific that once passport is cancelled i cannot use again. Any one out there with Aus. passport any info on this.

You can not use the passport to enter or leave a country but you should still be able to use any valid visas contained in it.

You can not use the passport to enter or leave a country but you should still be able to use any valid visas contained in it.

I cannot specifically comments on Aus. p/ports,however, the general ruel is

a) the passport belongs to the issuing government.

:o visa or other remarks made by other countries' authorities canot be cancelled or voided by anybody else.

So when the p/port is cancleed, the might cut off the edges on the cover and mark any unused page as void, but never a visa which remains valid.

Tis is my experience with Japanes and German passports, but assume the rule apply to all nationalities.

:o visa or other remarks made by other countries' authorities canot be cancelled or voided by anybody else.

So when the p/port is cancleed, the might cut off the edges on the cover and mark any unused page as void, but never a visa which remains valid.

Tis is my experience with Japanes and German passports, but assume the rule apply to all nationalities.

I too think that the nationality of the passport does not matter. This happened to me a few years ago. My Work Permit and accompanying one year visa were being processed along with those of many of my colleagues. The Immigration Officer "rubber-stamped" all passports, probably quite quickly, and did not notice that my passport had less than one year before it expired.

The problem was drawn to my attention when I left Thailand and re-entered. The Immigration Officer at Don Muang Airport gave me a stamp stating that things had to be rectified by a specified date.

After I obtained my new passport, I had to visit both the Immigration and Labour Depts. to have the stamps replicated in the new passport. As a matter of interest, BEFORE they gave me the new stamps, they repeated the mistake in the new passport, then gave me a second stamp saying that it was a mistake, then a third stamp to correct the mistake. All of this happened at the Immigration Office; I then had to go to the Labour Dept. to have my Work Permit noted on the back page of my new passport.

Thanks fellows will try a run to Cambodia and see what happens will let you know.