American Murdered In Phuket; Police Hunt ‘Killer Brit’

george

American murdered in Phuket; Police hunt ‘killer Brit’

RAWAI: -- An American man was found stabbed to death in his hotel room near Ya Nui Beach and a search has been launched for the prime suspect, a British Muay Thai boxing student named so far only as “Mr Lee”.

Chalong police received a report 6am this morning that an American “tourist” had been murdered in his room at an unspecified resort on Ya Nui Soi 2.

At the scene, police found blood stains leading from the front door into the room where the body of Dashawn Longfellow, 23, was found lying on the floor with two stab wounds in the left side of his chest. He was wearing a blue T-shirt and shorts.

Police said a couple of hours earlier this morning, Mr Longfellow was involved in an altercation with Mr Lee, who had been studying Muay Thai at a different training camp.

According to police, Mr Longfellow had driven his motorbike to the Freedom Bar in Rawai to pick up his girlfriend.

While he was waiting for her, he went to the restroom where he encountered Mr Lee, who blocked his entrance to the toilet. This led to a fight between the two boxers that was broken up by bar patrons and staff.

Police said after the fight, Mr Longfellow took his girlfriend to her home and went back to a shop near the bar before returning to his room. From there, Mr Lee followed the victim back to his resort in Ya Nui where another fight broke out between the two.

It is then, police allege, that Mr Lee stabbed Mr Longfellow in front of his room.

Mr Lee then fled the scene on a motorbike. Police did not give any further details regarding the motorbike.

Mr Longfellow’s body has been taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital for an autopsy.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-08-14

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shit people. If you are a decent boxer you do not use a knife... Shit man i hope they take you and you can pay for this.

Agree, AND decent boxers/martial artist DONT brag about what they can or able to do.

Bloody senseless!!..There goes another farang murdered/killed. Do you think the Thai police will really get this guy? Hmmm......For the sake of the victims family I hope they do...RIP young lad!

a fight over a girl?

I think this should be one of the trails in an investigation.

looks, like there are a lot of witnessess and police is well clued, who the brit is - visiting his boxing school and taking all the details is a 5 minute job

Edited by londonthai

RIP & condolences to his family and friends. Bad way for a life to come to an end.

On something of a side issue, it seems like there isn't a day that goes by when you don't read about someone being shot, knifed, beaten, raped, robbed, or a suspicious "suicide" happening in Phuket or Pattaya. I'll take Chiang Mai any time.

Edited by Just1Voice

Shit people. If you are a decent boxer you do not use a knife... Shit man i hope they take you and you can pay for this.

Totally agree Man.......BUT Shit Man, enough of the Shit?

Let's see what the BoyzInBlue (BIB) do with this one, eh?

regards Brewsta

back from Saudi :o)

Edited by Brewsta

<deleted> !

this is my first post here and i don't know what can i do ...

3 weeks ago i met in Koh Tao a young british man called Mr Lee (in the toilet ... again), he told me "i study muai thai". I have his name and his facebook and maybe my friends (go back in his country now) have a picture. I met him again 10 days ago in Bkk. Maybe it's a coincidence but maybe not ... the world is youth !

Do i have to go to the police station to give my infos and where ? I'm in bkk since 5 weeks and i don't know wich place i have to go.

I have to say it's incredible !

Thanks for your reply.

Oneyed , if you google the americans name , another website appears that covers phuket news , they have a fague cctv picture of the brit , have a look and try to confirn if the same person , the other source states he has tattoos , again please look . Are you facebook friends with mr lee then ? Have u checked his wall for updates ?

Totally agree Man.......BUT Shit Man, enough of the Shit?

Let's see what the BoyzInBlue (BIB) do with this one, eh?

regards Brewsta

back from Saudi :o)

boys in BLUE???

Hi boater,

I saw the pics from CCTV (1 girl and 3 men), i don't recognize the guy. The guy i met is really different ... blond hair, not big and young. I think it's coincidence if the cctv picture is the good one and show the right guys.

Thanks for your reply

Are you facebook friends with mr lee then ? Have u checked his wall for updates ?

:lol: Yeah I s'pose the guy took a minute to tell his Facebook friends what was on his mind :rolleyes:

Something like "Just bladed a septic. Fuggin' muppet started slatin' Britain about BP oil spill then 'e said 'No' when I asked if I could slip 'is bird a portion. He 'ad it comin'. Anyway, better leg it; ol' bill are on me".

I meet men of that age on a steady basis, as part of my gig as being a host for wwoof (room & board for backpackers, in exchange for working at my farm). All of the dozens of men I meet are top quality guys, so it's sad when I think of the American getting killed. Plus, I almost died last week in a rock climbing accident, so I've had a few recent thoughts about the frailty of mortality.

The Brit is a cowardly crud and should be caught and, if found guilty, be given the full impact of the judgment.

A reminder to members of the following forum rule:

31) All members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from Associated Press (AP), bangkokpost.com or phuketwan inside topics on thaivisa.com. Posts containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Links referring back to the sites are also not allowed and will be deleted.

RIP & condolences to his family and friends. Bad way for a life to come to an end.

On something of a side issue, it seems like there isn't a day that goes by when you don't read about someone being shot, knifed, beaten, raped, robbed, or a suspicious "suicide" happening in Phuket or Pattaya. I'll take Chiang Mai any time.

Is there an English language newspaper there? The bar where the original brawl started is about 5 minutes from my house. And it is or was owned by a Brit. There are more and more Muay Thai Camps here now than ever, full of young men with too much testosterone! And the brawls that break out usually started by some drunk British national. No wonder I don't go out very often. At my house, usually the loudest things are crickets and birds.... And there's no smog here!