American Murdered In Phuket; Police Hunt ‘Killer Brit’

I think the use of the word 'tourist' to describe Mr. Longfellow is a bit far fetched since he is a Muay Thai student as inferred by the article. Is he just touring the inside of his Muay Thai school or actually studying there?

The article also uses the term 'his motorbike' which makes me think he owns it. If he really is the owner then would this make him more than a tourist?

Why does the Phuket Gazette stress 'American' as well? Are they trying to scare away American tourists or tourists in general?

Was Mr. Longfellow really a 'victim' as the Phuket Gazette states or just a little less prepared for a fist fight that escalated to a knife fight?

It's amazing how persuasive the news can be by using emotionally loaded language without the pubic realizing it.

Here's the story again without all the glitzy terms:

One man was stabbed to death after a prolonged fight with another guy.

The moral of the story: Learn to control your anger.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strange , if you google his name , he was involved in a hit and run in april , they have a picture of him . But they state lee is american and not british ? , also he has investments in resorts in phuket .

<deleted> !

this is my first post here and i don't know what can i do ...

3 weeks ago i met in Koh Tao a young british man called Mr Lee (in the toilet ... again), he told me "i study muai thai". I have his name and his facebook and maybe my friends (go back in his country now) have a picture. I met him again 10 days ago in Bkk. Maybe it's a coincidence but maybe not ... the world is youth !

Do i have to go to the police station to give my infos and where ? I'm in bkk since 5 weeks and i don't know wich place i have to go.

I have to say it's incredible !

Thanks for your reply.

This was just a fight between two angry young men. It just so happens that the Brit won. It could have been the other way round, so what.

This is not a crime against an innocent defenseless victim.

I would stay out of it and turn the other cheek. What is the point of getting involved and having to look over your shoulder just in case one of his mates are about.

Up to you.

Having met Shawn, he told me that being ex-military he hated violence and was only interested in TRAINING muay thai NOT fighting, I dont claim to know him well but he seemed a very genuine friendly bloke who wouldn't be likely to smack someone around for the sake of it.

Shawn LEFT the bar, the perp followed him to his home, where his girlfriend was, and stabbed him.. This is not just a row between 2 angry young men, this is cold blooded killing.

Edited by jkzero

The moral of the tragedy is the Thai authorities/immigration/police should not allow lunatic scum to be in Thailand.

Excellent idea, all we need now is an acurate way of predicting who out of the billions of people in the world will turn into a 'lunatic scum' before they actually do anything wrong.

Do you have a plan or is this just mindless waffle ?

Edited by ukrules

The moral of the tragedy is the Thai authorities/immigration/police should not allow lunatic scum to be in Thailand.

When the Thai immigration check a person's passport on entry into Thailand, how are they to know that the person they are checking is a lunatic scum? There would have to be an alert issued by the person's homecountry as to whether the particular person was lunatic scum.

On a side note, from a thread that ran earlier today, the deceased is from Colorado, as am I, may he RIP and I do hope they catch this lunatic scumbag.

Shit people. If you are a decent boxer you do not use a knife... Shit man i hope they take you and you can pay for this.

Like a lot of us, I got in a few more scraps and scrapes as a younger lad than I should have.. can't claim I came out best in all of them either!.. but what I never did was knife someone, glass someone or raise any weapon against someone just because I was too much of a coward to fight them, win or lose!! Self-defence is one thing, but when a supposed 'kick-boxer' is taking a knife to fight someone then he's an out and out coward... end of chat!!!

Edited by spectrumisgreen

Excellent idea, all we need now is an acurate way of predicting who out of the billions of people in the world will turn into a 'lunatic scum' before they actually do anything wrong.

Do you have a plan or is this just mindless waffle ?

like most of these posts - the latter.

.....he went to the restroom where he encountered Mr Lee, who blocked his entrance to the toilet

one can only guess why he was blocking the restroom LOL

There are far to many farang this type living on an ED Visa in Thailand and I bet many of them have problems with the authorities back home. I hate to see these full tatooed guys every day and think Thailand should reconcider its rules about getting these kind of ED Visa for THAI BOXING.

There are some nice people with honest intentions here on this Visa, but honestly, is THAI BOXING a reason for staying in Thailand for years and years?

I read to much about crimes created by farangs in the past weeks they give every "normal" farang a bad reputation in Thailand.

Bloody senseless!!..There goes another farang murdered/killed. Do you think the Thai police will really get this guy? Hmmm......For the sake of the victims family I hope they do...RIP young lad!

And who tells you the victim is not guilty by himself. Just because he is dead doesnt make him innocent. There are always two ppl involved in a fight, and maybe the ladd who survived has just no other chance to self defend. Not guilty until proofed guilty in my opinion. I dont want be him atm, must be hel_l, because no matter what his life is over too.

Anyway, may he rest in peace. my condolences to his family

So this guy is a fairly well trained MT fighter, who got his ass kicked in public by a former U.S. Marine, and his pride and ego just couldn't handle that. As a 20 veteran of the Marines, all I can say is that he better hope the BIB find him before some very pissed off Marines do. Semper fi...Do or Die! We stand by our own!

joke right!? code of marines, you say, is to criminally do vigilante justice in foreign countries??? i dont theenk soo senor

Such a shame, testosterone fueled muppets... That is why I don't spend much time in the U.K, thought the sun, sea and sand would chill people out a bit ???<BR><BR>Can't believe they way the police are walking all over the crime scene in the photos on the other news source, haven't they heard of forensics !!!!!<BR><BR>Condolences to the victims family...<BR><BR>