American Murdered In Phuket; Police Hunt ‘Killer Brit’

george

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you facebook friends with mr lee then ? Have u checked his wall for updates ?

:lol: Yeah I s'pose the guy took a minute to tell his Facebook friends what was on his mind :rolleyes:

Something like "Just bladed a septic. Fuggin' muppet started slatin' Britain about BP oil spill then 'e said 'No' when I asked if I could slip 'is bird a portion. He 'ad it comin'. Anyway, better leg it; ol' bill are on me".

dam_n, you sound like 3 people I know....

And you're doing it as parody.

Shame about this whole incident.

Stupidity and no doubt some lose of face in one culture or another.

Macho really gives me a pain, it's just posturing for weak egos.

But when it's believed to the point of murder, it totally proves it's

stupidity as a concept to live your life around.

My condolences to the family and the girlfriend.

Another scumbag Brit giving us all a bad name .....what has happened to our country to keep churning filth like this out and what the hel_l must the Thai people or any civilised nation make of us ?

Jeepster mate, dont you worry too much about Brits and their bad name in Thailand. Its not just the brits, there are scumbags here from every country germans, swedes americans israelis etc. etc....Its the so called modern times which make them rude and the Thai authorities make it to easy for these kind of muppets living here on an ED or whatever Visa just to bring money to Thailand....

I miss my Thailand from 20 years ago, when Bargirls were kind of honest and everybody knows its just business, Men coming here for having fun and not aggressive kiddos with nothing more then violence and fu_king in their birdbrains.

tragic events

a life lost, familes distraught and dreams shattered

for what!

i have witnessed these macho ding dongs before and more than once been on the end of their mindless unprovoked drug or alcohol rages

so Mr Lee has taken one life and thrown away his own

so what does this tell us

looser

Too many childish hormones in this story for my liking! :rolleyes:

not only in the story but out in Rawai that night.

Can we please build these Muay Thai guys their own bar with a ring, so when they get all boozed up and the steroids are at full throttle, they can get in the ring and entertain everyone?

Possible to build that and move all the camps out by the airport? I'm tired of the continued building of the camps in the Nai Harn Rawai area and the element they bring.

Second that grumpyoldman, in the past 2-3 years they have build about 10 new so called Thai Boxing Education Shools in Rawai and Nai Harn area. Sure there are not only violent guys and girls there, but some of them are.

It gives a bad reputation to all of them "educate" anyway violent people and teach them more skills for the street. Some of them are really rude and aggressive. For a Thai who is reading a newspaper its THE FARANG and not a single brainless species they write or talk about.

Over the times when Thailand and its Farang community was a peacefull one which just want to live in freedom.

RIP & condolences to his family and friends. Bad way for a life to come to an end.

On something of a side issue, it seems like there isn't a day that goes by when you don't read about someone being shot, knifed, beaten, raped, robbed, or a suspicious "suicide" happening in Phuket or Pattaya. I'll take Chiang Mai any time.

There are more tourists killed in Thailand every year than any other country.

check the statistics, majority being mostly victims of transport accidents and crime .

I think the use of the word 'tourist' to describe Mr. Longfellow is a bit far fetched since he is a Muay Thai student as inferred by the article. Is he just touring the inside of his Muay Thai school or actually studying there?

The article also uses the term 'his motorbike' which makes me think he owns it. If he really is the owner then would this make him more than a tourist?

Why does the Phuket Gazette stress 'American' as well? Are they trying to scare away American tourists or tourists in general?

Was Mr. Longfellow really a 'victim' as the Phuket Gazette states or just a little less prepared for a fist fight that escalated to a knife fight?

It's amazing how persuasive the news can be by using emotionally loaded language without the pubic realizing it.

Here's the story again without all the glitzy terms:

One man was stabbed to death after a prolonged fight with another guy.

The moral of the story: Learn to control your anger.

The most appropriate post yet IMHO.

Edited by djayz

if the perp has some money there's a good chance he's out of LOS by now.

A young boxing enthusiast probably doesn't have the cash to evade the law indefinitely and the UK would have no qualms about extraditing him, if the Thais could give an assurance the prosecutor wouldn't seek the death penalty. They would readily give this as there is no chance a foreigner would be sentenced to death for the murder of another foreigner anyway. He will pay dearly for being unable to control his little burst of testosterone. If he shows attitude to the Thai warders, they will beat him to a pulp with their billy clubs.

NEWS from PHUKET GAZETTE online

Phuket 'killer Brit' has reputation for violence

PHUKET: It has emerged that Lee A., the British man being hunted by police in connection with the murder of American Dashawn Longfellow, is “extremely violent” and has threatened to kill in the past.

Sources said Mr A. first came to Phuket in 2006 to train in Muay Thai. He told people he was from Birmingham, England and had been working as a bouncer in Mallorca, Spain.

Danny Avison was working at Rawai Muay Thai where Mr A. trained and fought – and remembers him distinctly,

“He came here with an English girl in 2006. He was massive; he was obviously a steroid junky and said he had been working as a bouncer in Spain. In his first fight for Rawai Muay Thai, he knocked the guy down and then dived on him and tried to bite his ear off. You can see it on you tube.

"He also assaulted the girl that he came with and our trainers were very angry about it and he had to leave the gym.”

In the video, at 3:23, Mr A. lunges toward his opponent with the intention of biting his ear off, as described by Mr Avison who made the video.

Another source who did not want to be named while Mr A. is still at large, told the Gazette: “He is an extremely bad tempered guy, hard to read and touch base with. He changes his mind in a second and is extremely violent.

“One night he was loud and mad drunk on the road outside Laguna [a nightclub in Rawai]. The owner tried to calm him down on his bike. Lee kept screaming: ‘Can I just kill one farang, just one?’”

Sources in Rawai told the Gazette that A., who was living near Laem Promthep, often claimed to be from America and had a history of violence. At one stage he was banned from the Freedom Bar, were the original fight with Longfellow occurred, for scaring other drinkers, sources said.

Police have issued an arrest warrant for A. who has a number of distinctive tattoos, including “Nak Muay” written in Thai on the back of his left leg.

He may be suffering from injuries to his knuckles and other areas of his body from the fight with Mr Longfellow yesterday morning.

Anyone with any information that could help lead to his arrest should contact the Chalong Police Station at 076-381247. Or, for foreigners needing language assistance, call the Gazette crime line (076-273555) and ask for the editor concerned with this case.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 8/15/2010

NEWS from PHUKET GAZETTE online

Phuket 'killer Brit' has reputation for violence

In the video, at 3:23, Mr A. lunges toward his opponent with the intention of biting his ear off, as described by Mr Avison who made the video.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 8/15/2010

WHAT A BULL....may be they are blind or never see a fight before. Where is he trying to bite his ear of??

Thanks PG, you become an excellent yellow paper press newspaper. Killer Brits and Earbites :jap: :lol:

btw. Video is here

Having met Shawn, he told me that being ex-military he hated violence and was only interested in TRAINING muay thai NOT fighting, I dont claim to know him well but he seemed a very genuine friendly bloke who wouldn't be likely to smack someone around for the sake of it.

Shawn LEFT the bar, the perp followed him to his home, where his girlfriend was, and stabbed him.. This is not just a row between 2 angry young men, this is cold blooded killing.

Premeditated if going to get knives at a store is correct.

I can't see why Lee should block Shawn at the loo door,

seems a pretty irrational or stupidly macho action.

By the accounts stated so far seems this Lee character is a loose cannon,

and it may be he is on steroids to improve his fighting, which can cause severe and often

irrationally violent mind sets. He seems to be totally at fault in this since all the agressive actions,

seem to all come from his side. Hope the BiB get him off the streets before his desperation

cause any more violence and harm to others.

Shit people. If you are a decent boxer you do not use a knife... Shit man i hope they take you and you can pay for this.

Guess he was losin' the fight to whip out a knife. Must've gotten hammered at the bar and forgot to inject another round of steroids. Loose cannon. Seen 'em before, now I just avoid the bars! 'Specially after the Aussie killed the Hawaiian dude in C.M. the other year. That guy had a few screws loose too.

Well, despite mario's warning I have just had to go through and delete quite a few posts.

Off topic racist posts and their responses.

Aggressive name calling, flaming, and other general abuse that really is NOT APPROPRIATE!

Have some some consideration here please folks. Try to act like civilized adults and recall that this young man's family could very well be reading this thread.

Next one to post in this manner earns a week holiday from Thaivisa. I hope that is clear.

I think the use of the word 'tourist' to describe Mr. Longfellow is a bit far fetched since he is a Muay Thai student as inferred by the article. Is he just touring the inside of his Muay Thai school or actually studying there?

The article also uses the term 'his motorbike' which makes me think he owns it. If he really is the owner then would this make him more than a tourist?

Why does the Phuket Gazette stress 'American' as well? Are they trying to scare away American tourists or tourists in general?

Was Mr. Longfellow really a 'victim' as the Phuket Gazette states or just a little less prepared for a fist fight that escalated to a knife fight?

It's amazing how persuasive the news can be by using emotionally loaded language without the pubic realizing it.

Here's the story again without all the glitzy terms:

One man was stabbed to death after a prolonged fight with another guy.

The moral of the story: Learn to control your anger.

Strange interpretation....a guy starts a fight with someone, gets his arse kicked....then follows the guy home and stabs him. How can you make that sound like the victim was in some way to blame..

It's a little like two guys having an argument one of them losing the argument then pulling a gun out and blowing the others head off and someone like yourself saying ''was he really the victim or just a little less prepared for an argument that escalated to a gunfight'' ....Yes he really was the victim...anyone who turns a fist fight into a knife fight is a coward, anyone who starts a fight and turns it in to a knife fight because they find out the guy they are trying to bully is not quite the easy touch they were hoping for, deserves a heavy dose of their own medicine....

just my .02 satang

Really sucks this young man is dead at 23.

From what I read, the Brit stole the knife from the 7-11, went to Dashawn's apartment building and waited in ambush. The second knife mentioned most probably is the one Dashawn grabbed after fleeing the initial stabbing - into his apartment to arm himself to fight back.

No reason to make wild statements like all foreigners training at boxing camps need to be sequestered out by the airport or that they are all animals etc. There are bad apples in every bunch, and in fact professional athletes are quite a boring bunch, no drinking, no partying, always training for an event and getting up early in the morning.

If every time I read a story about a grumpy old white guy molesting a child in Pattaya or Chiang Mai I called for all grumpy old white guys to be castrated or caged I think I'd be regarded as foolish.

An Oklahoma woman said her 23-year-old son was fatally stabbed outside a bar in Thailand on Saturday.

DeShawn Longfellow was from Norman and a Purple Heart recipient after serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"The guy from the embassy called, Tim Swanson, and he called me to inform me that my son was killed in a stabbing over an incident at a bar," said his mother, Tammy Longfellow.

this is taken from a local Oklahoma City news site, where there's also a heart-wrenching video interview with the Dashawn's mother..

quote & interview are here on Koco.com

very sad... my condolences to Mrs Longfellow

An Oklahoma woman said her 23-year-old son was fatally stabbed outside a bar in Thailand on Saturday.

DeShawn Longfellow was from Norman and a Purple Heart recipient after serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"The guy from the embassy called, Tim Swanson, and he called me to inform me that my son was killed in a stabbing over an incident at a bar," said his mother, Tammy Longfellow.

this is taken from a local Oklahoma City news site, where there's also a heart-wrenching video interview with the Dashawn's mother..

quote & interview are here on Koco.com

very sad... my condolences to Mrs Longfellow

The video is incredibly sad and I do hope that everyone who feels the need to speculate needlessly watch it first. As his mother said, he was murdered over something stupid.

Rest in peace young man, I hope your family and friends can find peace some day as well.