American Murdered In Phuket; Police Hunt ‘Killer Brit’

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having met Shawn, he told me that being ex-military he hated violence and was only interested in TRAINING muay thai NOT fighting, I dont claim to know him well but he seemed a very genuine friendly bloke who wouldn't be likely to smack someone around for the sake of it.

Shawn LEFT the bar, the perp followed him to his home, where his girlfriend was, and stabbed him.. This is not just a row between 2 angry young men, this is cold blooded killing.

Premeditated if going to get knives at a store is correct.

I can't see why Lee should block Shawn at the loo door,

seems a pretty irrational or stupidly macho action.

By the accounts stated so far seems this Lee character is a loose cannon,

and it may be he is on steroids to improve his fighting, which can cause severe and often

irrationally violent mind sets. He seems to be totally at fault in this since all the agressive actions,

seem to all come from his side. Hope the BiB get him off the streets before his desperation

cause any more violence and harm to others.

1 post and 4 replies to it deleted.

Plaese keep in mind that the victim has family and friends, who might want to search for more information and come across this thread. Please keep it it civil and refrain from speculation.

Shit people. If you are a decent boxer you do not use a knife... Shit man i hope they take you and you can pay for this.

Guess he was losin' the fight to whip out a knife. Must've gotten hammered at the bar and forgot to inject another round of steroids. Loose cannon. Seen 'em before, now I just avoid the bars! 'Specially after the Aussie killed the Hawaiian dude in C.M. the other year. That guy had a few screws loose too.

Well, despite mario's warning I have just had to go through and delete quite a few posts.

Off topic racist posts and their responses.

Aggressive name calling, flaming, and other general abuse that really is NOT APPROPRIATE!

Have some some consideration here please folks. Try to act like civilized adults and recall that this young man's family could very well be reading this thread.

Next one to post in this manner earns a week holiday from Thaivisa. I hope that is clear.

I think the use of the word 'tourist' to describe Mr. Longfellow is a bit far fetched since he is a Muay Thai student as inferred by the article. Is he just touring the inside of his Muay Thai school or actually studying there?

The article also uses the term 'his motorbike' which makes me think he owns it. If he really is the owner then would this make him more than a tourist?

Why does the Phuket Gazette stress 'American' as well? Are they trying to scare away American tourists or tourists in general?

Was Mr. Longfellow really a 'victim' as the Phuket Gazette states or just a little less prepared for a fist fight that escalated to a knife fight?

It's amazing how persuasive the news can be by using emotionally loaded language without the pubic realizing it.

Here's the story again without all the glitzy terms:

One man was stabbed to death after a prolonged fight with another guy.

The moral of the story: Learn to control your anger.

Strange interpretation....a guy starts a fight with someone, gets his arse kicked....then follows the guy home and stabs him. How can you make that sound like the victim was in some way to blame..

It's a little like two guys having an argument one of them losing the argument then pulling a gun out and blowing the others head off and someone like yourself saying ''was he really the victim or just a little less prepared for an argument that escalated to a gunfight'' ....Yes he really was the victim...anyone who turns a fist fight into a knife fight is a coward, anyone who starts a fight and turns it in to a knife fight because they find out the guy they are trying to bully is not quite the easy touch they were hoping for, deserves a heavy dose of their own medicine....

Seen my fair share of these plastic gangster types back home in the UK.Usually drug dealers.There would be an obvious reason he was blocking the toilets.There's nothing hard about knifing someone.

just my .02 satang

Really sucks this young man is dead at 23.

From what I read, the Brit stole the knife from the 7-11, went to Dashawn's apartment building and waited in ambush. The second knife mentioned most probably is the one Dashawn grabbed after fleeing the initial stabbing - into his apartment to arm himself to fight back.

No reason to make wild statements like all foreigners training at boxing camps need to be sequestered out by the airport or that they are all animals etc. There are bad apples in every bunch, and in fact professional athletes are quite a boring bunch, no drinking, no partying, always training for an event and getting up early in the morning.

If every time I read a story about a grumpy old white guy molesting a child in Pattaya or Chiang Mai I called for all grumpy old white guys to be castrated or caged I think I'd be regarded as foolish.

I've never read so many posts by so many <deleted> in my entire life. And blaming the victim for being followed to his room and stabbed to death? Are you totally insane or just the worlds biggest drooling retard? Hope Lee faces justice soon.

• Like 2

An Oklahoma woman said her 23-year-old son was fatally stabbed outside a bar in Thailand on Saturday.

DeShawn Longfellow was from Norman and a Purple Heart recipient after serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"The guy from the embassy called, Tim Swanson, and he called me to inform me that my son was killed in a stabbing over an incident at a bar," said his mother, Tammy Longfellow.

this is taken from a local Oklahoma City news site, where there's also a heart-wrenching video interview with the Dashawn's mother..

quote & interview are here on Koco.com

very sad... my condolences to Mrs Longfellow

An Oklahoma woman said her 23-year-old son was fatally stabbed outside a bar in Thailand on Saturday.

DeShawn Longfellow was from Norman and a Purple Heart recipient after serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"The guy from the embassy called, Tim Swanson, and he called me to inform me that my son was killed in a stabbing over an incident at a bar," said his mother, Tammy Longfellow.

this is taken from a local Oklahoma City news site, where there's also a heart-wrenching video interview with the Dashawn's mother..

quote & interview are here on Koco.com

very sad... my condolences to Mrs Longfellow

The video is incredibly sad and I do hope that everyone who feels the need to speculate needlessly watch it first. As his mother said, he was murdered over something stupid.

Rest in peace young man, I hope your family and friends can find peace some day as well.