Is Extension To Non Imm 'thai Wife' Visa Possible?

Can you help.

I am married to Thai and I have a 1 year non immigrant 'Thai wife' visa that runs out shortly. Due to circumstances we prefer not to renew this visa again in this way as we do not expect to be in Thailand in future for more than 30 days at a time or if we do I can just get a normal non imm o visa which gives 90 days at a time which will be more than enough. Renewing the Thai wife visa is too inconvenient due to having to visit suan plu on 2 dates - The date to reapply and also the having to return 45 days after this date to get the visa etc..

MY QUESTION (at last):-

My visa runs out in September but it is likely that we may prefer to leave Thailand this time up to 30 days later.

Can I apply/buy a 30 day extension at Suan Plu immigration on the non imm Thai wife visa??

And how much does it cost?

Any problems?

Thanks very much for your reply. Appreciate it.

2 weeks may be just enough and save the real aggravation of the border run to Cambodia which I find a real drag, not very nice and a complete day out of ones life.

Does anyone know where I can find confirmation about getting 2 weeks extension and do you know why it would only be 2 weeks and not 30 days?

Your local immigration office. You have already had the full year extension; it is not the normal tourist 60 + 30. That said most people would not be asking for a 30 day extension so worth asking if a day in your life is that important. :o

Just a thought....if you can meet the requirements for the extension and the only problem you are trying to get around is the 2 trips to immigration, then why not apply for the extension, get the 40 day "under consideration stamp" and there you have it....40 days. :o

Thanks Ken

That is an interesting scenario and would no doubt work but as we are not 100% sure what we may want in future not returning to do the proper renewal may have negative implictions for future applications, whatever those applications may be.

Maybe nothing wrong at all but I would think leaving an application in limbo may be a problem.