3Bb Broadband Upgrade.

dindong

A good way to check Dindong is to login to your router/modem. 192.168.1.1 usually . user usually ADMIN and password will be in the handbook for the modem.

Your looking for ADSL data rate on something like a status screen. It'll show what they've set it to, or atleast what your getting.

Downstream should be 5120 I guess

apologies if this is dribble or you already knew

Edited by jubby

• 3 weeks later...

3Bb called to my house today and put in complete new wires. They seem to be rewiring the whole area.

They are no longer using the telephone wire and I can remove the landline completly as I only use it for internet.

We haven't been switched over yet so don't know if it will be any better.

3Bb called to my house today and put in complete new wires. They seem to be rewiring the whole area.

They are no longer using the telephone wire and I can remove the landline completly as I only use it for internet.

Theres hope for all of us then. New wires in my neighbourhood would be worthy of the 'good day' thread :)

Theres hope for all of us then. New wires in my neighbourhood would be worthy of the 'good day' thread :)

I was switched over to the new upgrade (same price 590baht),i was on 4 before the switch,and now appatently i have 6,this was 10 days ago iv'e not noticed any change in performance,but hey it was free so i went for it,there was no hassle just a phone call and it was up and running within 24 hrs.

The thing is they wont tell you if your entitled to it so if you dont find out yourself by word of mouth or TV (like i did) your missing out on these new upgrades,big thanks to (dindong) for starting this thread,a nice cold tiger is wating for you if you ever pass by my neck of the woods.:thumbsup:

A good way to check Dindong is to login to your router/modem. 192.168.1.1 usually . user usually ADMIN and password will be in the handbook for the modem.

Your looking for ADSL data rate on something like a status screen. It'll show what they've set it to, or atleast what your getting.

Downstream should be 5120 I guess

apologies if this is dribble or you already knew

Jubby,

What you see in your modem/router is the speed you pay for. Then there are speedtests like http://speedtest.adslthailand.com/, and the actual speed is about 10% of the test exept when you are usung bittorrent, hen it is 5%.

This is my experience

The mrs. called 3bb today.

No connection exctept for CR and MS muang. It will take about 5 to 10 years to have the cable here.

Even if you reach your 100st birthday (and for some it will come soon I think :) ) I think there will be No fibre here in CR land.