Thailand Blocks Access To WikiLeaks Website

webfact

A couple of days ago I tried to access the Wikipedia page of HMK from my mobile phone (AIS GSM Advance) and they'd blocked it.

I only wanted to get some info to help my daughter with her homework!

If your daughter needs a biography of His Majesty the King for her homework, I guess the following site will be highly appreciated:

http://kanchanapisek.or.th/biography/hmk.en.html

(You/she can switch from the English version to ภาษาไทย.)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understood on MCT radio this morning Wikileaks was blocked - in the interest of National Security in light of the threat posed by elements in the North etc - in short they were blaming the Redshirts and using them as an excuse to continue their clampdown - presumably until they think they can win a general election.

I amazes me that time and again people point out that Abhisit went to Eton and "Oxbridge" as if that guarantees some kind of democratic leanings - the truth is that hundreds of hideous dictators and megalomaniacs trod the path he has trodden.....Fascists, Communists, dictators or simply ineffective puppets, just being educated in the west is no guarantee.....and here we see yet another example of Thailand's authoritarian approach to government.

BTW - the same newscast stated the govt had blocked tens of thousands o fweb sites

Right, it is a silly believe that Abhisit thinks like a westerner just because he went to Oxford.

Not want compare them but just to show that western education means nothing is that Pol Pot went to the Sorbonne.

I think that the falangs at TVF that are so impressed by Abhisits education path never went to an university themselves or got some higher education, so they overestimate that what they don't know.

Abhisit also isn't much of a puppet, that is kinda a false and misleading impression. He knows what he does. His policies are 100% that what the Thai Democrats stands for. Very close ties to he military and an to rule an collectivist society like an army general who knows best what is good for the 'troops' under his commando, a leadership in the name of the 'greater good' or something like that. And in this point not much different from Thaksin. Thailand is not the West, something what farangs tend to forget.

In my home country, Belgium, some politicians have “been” to Oxford and Cambridge too.

That does not mean a lot.

Interesting... I can't see my posts on this topic... are those all deleted? is this topic still open to discussion? (this is more or less test if this message disappears or not).

I understood usually TV admin comments something when messages are deleted?

As promised from Udon Thani today via TOT:

wikileaks.org/

http://118.175.8.61/

This website has been blocked by ICT

ict

But http://www.wikileaks.org/wiki/Wikileaks gives

WikiLeaks

... could become as important a journalistic tool

as the Freedom of Information Act.

— Time Magazine

Get involved

Contact · Donate · Contribute · Follow

Submit documents

Browse by

Country · Region · Language · Year

Latest Tweets

* Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:39:53 wikileaks: RT @dontgetfooled: Al Jazeera grills Swedish prosecutor over "defamation" of Julian Assange bit.ly/auqGcq

* Mon, 23 Aug 2010 00:13:06 wikileaks: Former Swedish chief prosecutor, Sven-Erik Alhem, demands explanations in Assange case bit.ly/ae9e6G

* Sun, 22 Aug 2010 23:42:27 wikileaks: WL: ABC Foreign Correspondent video report on Thailand bit.ly/bU7Kp6

In the News

* WikiLeaks blog (official)

* WikiLeaks in the news (Google)

* WikiLeaks in blogs (Icerocket)

* WikiLeaks on Twitter (Icerocket)

Recent Analyses

* Kundus-Bericht im Internet veröffentlicht

* Is the Internet Filter Australia's Berlin Wall

* TSA to Conduct Full Review After Leak of Sensitive Information

* TSA puts 5 on leave after security manual hits Internet

* Five Transportation Security underlings put on leave after airport screening files posted online

* US Lawmakers Want to Criminalize Whistleblower Sites Over TSA Leak

* Rätsel um Maut-Vertrag geht weiter

* Schadenersatz-Klage gegen Toll-Collect auf der Kippe

* Staatlich garantierte Abzocke

* Wikileaks' Dokumentation zum 11. September - „Bitte, geh nicht aus dem Gebäude“

* The morning of 9/11, before they realized the world had changed

* Website Wikileaks publishes '9/11 messages'

* Die einsame Entscheidung des Oberst Klein

* Big Pharma caught spying on the WHO

* Toll Collect Vertraege, 2002

(more)

Latest Leaks

* ABC Foreign Correspondent video report on Thailand, 13 April 2010

* Loveparade 2010 Duisburg planning documents, 2007-2010

* Afghan War Diary, 2004-2010

* Collateral Murder, 5 Apr 2010

* Classified cable from US Embassy Reykjavik on Icesave, 13 Jan 2010

* U.S. Embassy profiles on Icelandic PM, Foreign Minister, Ambassador

* CIA report into shoring up Afghan war support in Western Europe, 11 Mar 2010

* Update to over 40 billion euro in 28167 claims made against the Kaupthing Bank, 3 Mar 2010

* U.S. Intelligence planned to destroy WikiLeaks, 18 Mar 2008

* Turks & Caicos Islands government asks for US$85M credit line from FirstCaribbean, 28 Jan 2010

* Over 40 billion euro in 28167 claims made against the Kaupthing Bank, 23 Jan 2010

* BBC High Court Defence against Trafigura libel suit, 11 Sep 2009

* Icelandic Icesave offer to UK-NL, 25 Feb 2010

* Final UK-NL offer to the government of Iceland, 19 Feb 2010

* Cryptome.org takedown: Microsoft Global Criminal Compliance Handbook, 24 Feb 2010

* IGES Schlussbericht Private Krankenversicherung, 25 Jan 2010

* Bankers Petroleum and the Visoka oil field explosions 9 Oct 2009

* Scientology UK annual returns, 2008

* Microsoft Office Student License key for Portuguese MOPTC, 2009

* The truth behind Punternet.com, 2009

(more)

Retrieved from "http://www.wikileaks.org/wiki/Wikileaks"

Category: DPL

I saw the video. However I don't believe that it is real. They are professional actors to make the future King & Queen looks bad. BAN BAN BAN, BAN ALL THIS STUPID WEBSITE THAT SPREAD FAKE VIDEO. Works of CIA / MI5 / KGB?

I have some doubts about the authenticity of the Video too. But I rather not ban the Video, instead make a public research. If it turns out to be faked without doubt (and this would surely be possible with the technology we possess today) then crack down on the culprits with all might of the law.

In case it ain't fake, well, the public will make up their minds.

ARE YOU GUYS NUTS :blink: Some people dont want to beleive it even when its clear as day in front of them

I saw the video. However I don't believe that it is real. They are professional actors to make the future King & Queen looks bad. BAN BAN BAN, BAN ALL THIS STUPID WEBSITE THAT SPREAD FAKE VIDEO. Works of CIA / MI5 / KGB?

I have some doubts about the authenticity of the Video too. But I rather not ban the Video, instead make a public research. If it turns out to be faked without doubt (and this would surely be possible with the technology we possess today) then crack down on the culprits with all might of the law.

In case it ain't fake, well, the public will make up their minds.

ARE YOU GUYS NUTS :blink: Some people dont want to beleive it even when its clear as day in front of them

I'm sorry but again another comment based on ignorance.....

It is well established that imagery - photos videos are NOTORIOUSLY unreliable as "witnesses" - even without technology they can be made to misinterpret any situation.

I'm not passing any judgment on the document in question only the idea that anything " clear as day in front of them" is not any way of seeing, there's far more to it than that.

There are some classic examples of this both in video and photography - I'm sure if you google bout a bit you'll dig them up.

The point is SEEING IS NOT BELIEVING - don't be kidded.

Edited by Deeral

The point is you DON"T ban or block web sites - FULL AND OPEN DISCUSSION will allow the truth to come out - NOT censorship.

how can "the land of the FREE" be so with such draconian measures?

Edited by mario2008. As said, we are not going to discuss the video. Part related to that deleted.

Edited by Mario2008