Birds

garyk

I too enjoy wildlife watching and am trying to get my head round the photography side as well. Most of my subject matter is birds, with the occasional reptile. I was interested in your shot of the Oriental Magpie Robin which I assume is a juvenile given its colouring. This is a shot of a mature bird that sings outside my bedroom window most mornings! Oriental Magpie Robin.

I live to the South of Prachuap Khiri Khan town and am fairly lucky with wildlife given that there are several excellent National Parks not too far away and I am surrounded by wetlands(when it rains) which attract a lot of migrant and passage birds. However getting within range to photograph them is another matter:)

BTW great shots on your site.

Hey Gary, I looked through most of your photos on the website and many, many very good photos. And very interesting. Now when I see a bird in my garden or somewhere else then I can go to your website to find out what it was! ;)

:D:):D

Nice sharp photos, Gary. Thank you for posting the site. I love birds and take a lot of photos, but most of mine are just snapshots meant for painting purposes later. I don't post high rez pictures on the internet because I don't want them used for commercial purposes elsewhere. That has happened to me in the past.

Geeez, Kan, that bird couldn't make up its mind what species it wanted to be. I've never seen something like that before. Thanks for the picture.

I was trying to get some pictures of a great blue heron fishing the other day, but he was too far away for my lens to get really sharp photos. But, they are okay as snapshots for drawing and painting purposes.

Great_Blue_Heron_4.jpg

Great_Blue_Heron_3.jpg

of a great blue heron fishing the other day

In Thailand? There are no Great Blue Herons in SE Asia, this is a Grey Heron.

The photo wasn't taken in Thailand. It was taken in British Columbia. I won't be back to Thailand for another 2 months. It is a Great Blue Heron and closely related to the Grey Heron of Asia. It also has a Bluegill sunfish in its bill.

Taken in Laem Pak Bia a few days ago. If you are in the Hua Hin Ratchaburi area and want to go out birding feel free to PM me. Botab. Reason for edit: add blog and then error in BLOG URL!

post-71457-088576900 1282792997_thumb.jp

Edited by gerryBScot