U.S. Dollar Decline

garyk

I have lived here for about a year now and am starting to worry about the dollar against the thai baht. I want to ask some of you folks here if you think it is going to get worse or is this a reacurring trend.I read a financial report where it says it will continue to drop for the next 6 monts?I may find myself heading back to America. It is rather disturbing.What do you think?

Edited by garyk

Perhaps you should check this....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thailand

You will see Wikipedia estimates that Thailand's currency is 100% undervalued against the US$ on a PPP basis. I very much doubt this is either true or will be reflected in the exchange rate. However, even given a very high margin of error, continued appreciation against the dollar or at least a maintained rate should be a sensible assumption. What will happen to the US$ from here I have no idea.

I doubt it will continue to appreciate like it has over the past year but there is no indication of overvaluation.

As Buckeye has already pointed out there is a thread discussing this currently running on the

Business forum and he has already posted the link.

So as this is not really just a Chinag Mai issue but a nationwide issue I am going to close it.