Jobs In Isaan

kempos

• 2 weeks later...

Guess you have a point there!.....###### 110 baht a day....they will be happy to pay under the table! But he will need to keep up with other Thai farmers or you're outta there like a fat kid in a game of dodge ball! :o

Guess you have a point there!.....###### 110 baht a day....they will be happy to pay under the table! But he will need to keep up with other Thai farmers or you're outta there like a fat kid in a game of dodge ball!  :D

As long as the Lao Kao and M-150 is kept supplied, shouldn't be a problem to keep up.. :D

bt110 seems a bit low.... bt150 per day is the going rate in my wife's village.. :o

Not taking comission are you...? :D .

totster :D

• 2 weeks later...
The only guys i see making money in Isaarn are the Chinese merchants and money lenders.

On the subject of money does anyone know the % interest charged by the money lenders?

To answer my own question I have benn told since posting 200% & 300% but in the main small money lenders are much more generous only 60% --Jeeezz no wonder once they get there claws into some low wage Thais it is never ending the old catch 60 (sic 22) :o

• 2 weeks later...

Try the rajabaht for English teaching jobs. 25000 bht a month (you need a, ahem, "degree"). Or you do private teaching, although that is at weekends and evenings usually. There isn't really anything else. Unless you open your own business.

Anyway, I have tried Rajabat once, left the message for the guy called Martin and he's never replied.

Then go again. (Remember, shirt and tie, dress as you be if you were going to teach.) It may well be he didn't get the message. Go the the farang bars, see if anyone there teaches there, use them as a way in.

If you are saying 25,000 baht is too low, then forget Buriram, nothing will pay higher. Actually, unless you are VERY lucky, nothing in Issaan will pay much more than that.

AAMOI, how much do you need per month?