Tourist Visa Upon Arrival?

Hello,

I am from the U.S. and am taking a trip to Nepal for 5 months and then would like to travel to Thailand. I would like to stay longer than the 30 days my entry visa would grant me however, from my understanding if I were to apply for a tourist visa before I leave for Nepal it would expire by the time I got to Thailand (tourist visa is only valid for 3 months?). I was wondering what the best way for me to obtain a Tourist visa for Thailand when I won't be arriving there for 5 months? Can I apply on arrival or is there a way to do it while still in the U.S. I was wondering if a double entry tourist visa was valid for 6 mos instead of 3 and I could just apply for that in the U.S.?

Thank you.

Enjoy.

Royal Thai Embassy

167/4 Ward No. 3,Maharajgunj-Bansbari Road,

P.O. Box. 3333,

Kathmandu

Tel. (977 1) 4371410, 43711411

Fax. (977 1) 4371408, 4371409

E-mail : [email protected]

Office Hours :Monday to Friday 08.30-12.30 and 13.30-16.30 hours

Visa and Consular section : 09.30 - 12.30 Collection of Visas 09.30-16.00 hours

You can not obtain a tourist visa in Thailand or on arrival. Get in Nepal before you leave for Thailand.

I double entry from US would be wasted as you would only get only entry before it expired unless you plan foreign travel within a few days of your arrival in Thailand.

There are also lots of Visa Run services to take you to the border and get a new stamp for another 30 days. They cost about $50 including lunch, leave early in the morning for Cambodia, return late afternoon.