Khorat

akuhead

I'm and expat who has about 5 years of living here in Thailnd up in the North-East part of Thailnd and wish to move to Khorat. Looking for information on where to buy a good piece of property and build a home on it. Also, inforamtion on new home developments in and around Khort or useful websites that can provide this type of information. I presently own my home here in the North-East part of Thailand....we are contemplating this move due to my wifes desire to be close to her aging mother. I need just about anything on Khort ! My wife and I will take a road trip to Khorat and check out the area. The wife and I have spent a few days there last year visiting the Zoo and the Mall. ......any and all information would be highly appreciated.....Aku

For an objective look a Korat, read Stickman's column for last week....

:D

Since when has Stickman been objective about anything! :D !

aletta Posted Today, 2005-07-11 11:55:06

Would it not be a lot simpler to move the mother in law.?

Probably running away from her! :o !

:D :D

I'm and expat who has about 5 years of living here in Thailnd up in the North-East part of Thailnd and wish to move to Khorat. Looking for information on where to buy a good piece of property and build a home on it. Also, inforamtion on new home developments in and around Khort or useful websites that can provide this type of information. I presently own my home here in the North-East part of Thailand....we are contemplating this move due to my wifes desire to be close to her aging mother. I need just about anything on Khort ! My wife and I will take a road trip to Khorat and check out the area. The wife and I have spent a few days there last year visiting the Zoo and the Mall. ......any and all information would be highly appreciated.....Aku

Why not start looking at the place (village?) where the mother lives?

and take it from there?

Korat is much a town as any other town in LOS, just a bit bigger, with the dis?-advantages of it : more of everything!

You can choose whatever suits you : town or countryside!

He might need quick access to a hospital for his mother in law . There are some very good hospitals in Korat . St. Mary is one that I have been to .

For housing that all depends on money . There are alot of new subdivisons being built and you can get a nice new home for 1.5 mil . on up Or you could rent any number of places for a low monthly fee . Good luck in your quest and welcome to Thai Visa and Korat .

The wife is from Korat and together we lived there for about a year, I really enjoyed living there! If you're not into the every night party scene it can be a great place to live. The hospital by the mall is very good, my wife has been there a few times and never had a bad experience. We also looked at buying a house there and spoke with a few different developers, homes new start at around 800,000 baht and go up. I think you can get a lot more for your money that in Bangkok or Pattaya. Maybe you should plan an extended vist for a few months and see if it fits you're needs. If you do...visit my friends who own the bar downstairs at the mall! Good people and a great place to hang out!