Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai

tayto

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The western-trained cook and one of the owners have left the Teak House. The have opened a small place in Mae Chan. The Rasee restaurant has a western menu. We ate there twice. So far so good.

It's just north of Mae Chan on highway 1. It's on the left, a couple of buildings past the red-light for 1130 (Mae Salong road) to Phu Chaisai.

Time : 09.30 am-09.30 pm

Email : [email protected]

Facebook : facebook.com/theraseerestaurant Phone / Fax : +(66) 53-772-100

Mobile : +(66) 88-418-6954

Can anyone recommend any vegetarian (kin jay) restaurants in Chiang Rai? Is there such a thing?

From the golden clock tower go towards Sammakhi school and turn left at the traffic lights so you are on the road that leads down to the old airport, there's a very good vegetarian restaurant on the right side after about 50mtrs.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Daimon? restaurant next to Fuji is high on my list of places not to eat at. Once was enough.

Ha ha, I actually walked past you as you were slowly and very unenthusiastically walking in there with (I presume) your wife.

I am not a fan of these "cook it yourself" places, but I could be tempted by a "cook it yourself" pizza restaurant though.

You should get on that benhen

• Like 1

You should have taken a photo and posted it.

If it hadn't been his wife it would have really livened up the forum. laugh.png

And when have you ever, not seen me with my wife, Scea?tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Not scea but I have seen you without her.....wandering round Central Plaza while she is off buying unmentionables and pieces of thin cloth that cost more than good thick clothes. Probably scared of the heart atack if you saw what she really spent for each thing....smile.png Edited by harrry

You should have taken a photo and posted it.

If it hadn't been his wife it would have really livened up the forum. laugh.png

And when have you ever, not seen me with my wife, Scea?tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Not scea but I have seen you without her.....wandering round Central Plaza while she is off buying unmentionables and pieces of thin cloth that cost more than good thick clothes. Probably scared of the heart attack if you saw what she really spent for each thing....smile.png

Though I try to be discrete, surely you noticed my collar and leash? She treats me to coffee while she is off buy those lovely unmentionables I so adore. She is very thoughtful that way and I never sweat the small stuff.thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

We had lunch at Sixth Sense Bistro again today. Well trained and friendly staff. Nice ambiance with food that is well presented and very flavorful. Not an all you can eat food trough but the portions are adequate. They have a nice looking desert selection but I am off deserts these days so can’t say more. Nice place for a quiet romantic Thai lunch while taking a break from shopping. Location is right across from Starbucks.

Sounds good VF, just out of curiosity have you done a Wifi check of Central Plaza?

Is there a general service or do you have to find a seat in Maccas etc.

Might make a good topic if you're feeling energetic, Wifi in Chiang Rai.

A quick look on my wife’s iPhone showed many WiFi networks in Central Plaza but non that were open. No one seems interested in offering a completely open service, and why would they. Much of what is on offer is free but you need to make a purchase and get their code for the day. Personally I think I spend too much time online anyway so don’t use wifi in town, only at home.thumbsup.gif

Sounds good VF, just out of curiosity have you done a Wifi check of Central Plaza?

A quick look on my wife’s iPhone showed many WiFi networks in Central Plaza but non that were open. No one seems interested in offering a completely open service, and why would they. Much of what is on offer is free but you need to make a purchase and get their code for the day. Personally I think I spend too much time online anyway so don’t use wifi in town, only at home.thumbsup.gif

just go to the central counter and you can get one hour.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just go to the central counter and you can get one hour.

Good to know harrry, thanks for that.thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

New Italian style restaurant in Bandu. It is very classy and the Pizza is outstanding. The menu has much more to include spaghetti and Italian dishes. It is called Dui Dui and is located between Sintanee 5 and Sintanee 7, off of Pongphrabat road. I am sold on the quality of food and good service.

post-42806-0-07867100-1347989184_thumb.j

post-42806-0-47231100-1347989238_thumb.j

post-42806-0-07710400-1347989288_thumb.j

post-42806-0-25238400-1347989405_thumb.j

New Italian style restaurant in Bandu. It is very classy and the Pizza is outstanding. The menu has much more to include spaghetti and Italian dishes. It is called Dui Dui and is located between Sintanee 5 and Sintanee 7, off of Pongphrabat road. I am sold on the quality of food and good service.

Lets see if I can better explain, it is kind of out of the way. Taking Phahon Yothin road (Route 1) going towards Mae Sai, Turn Left on Phongphrabat road (1511), drive 1.15 kilometers, turn left on Ban Du Soi 4 (not marked), it is the Soi before bright Orange convenience store. On Soi 4 Drive approximately .21 kilometers and it is on the left. Unfortunately, just street parking. Next to Wat Ban Rai. Had Spaghetti last night for 35 Baht, Medium Pizza 65 baht and a glass of wine for 60 baht. Too bad the location is out of the way, because the food and prices are reasonable and the ambiance is relaxing. I like the competition and variety of these business ventures popping up in the Rai. Hope they get the customer base to stay in business!

Telephone: 052-020413

Edited by bobbyd1

I'm all for new nosh shops but wonder sometimes of the logic of putting them in this type of place. (Location, Location?)

Remember the ongoing drama of finding Don's Cafe when it opened?

I thought I'd missed it the first time and was resigned to having lunch in ThaTon. cool.png

I'm all for new nosh shops but wonder sometimes of the logic of putting them in this type of place. (Location, Location?)

Remember the ongoing drama of finding Don's Cafe when it opened?

I thought I'd missed it the first time and was resigned to having lunch in ThaTon. cool.png

I think you just missed it.

Met a nice guy in Macro whos name is Ray and comes from Perth Australia. He said he and his wife run the Koala Bar. Its just over the bridge on the way to Rim Kok resort. Just as you cross the bridge the new Town Hall is on the left and the Koala Bar is about 50 mtrs down the road on the right. The sign out the front says the best pizza in town and Thai food. He also said he makes the best Aussie Meat Pies in Thailand. Has anyone been there and if so, whats it like?

Lets see if I can better explain, it is kind of out of the way. Taking Phahon Yothin road (Route 1) going towards Mae Sai, Turn Left on Phongphrabat road (1511), drive 1.15 kilometers, turn left on Ban Du Soi 4 (not marked), it is the Soi before bright Orange convenience store. On Soi 4 Drive approximately .21 kilometers and it is on the left. Unfortunately, just street parking. Next to Wat Ban Rai. Had Spaghetti last night for 35 Baht, Medium Pizza 65 baht and a glass of wine for 60 baht. Too bad the location is out of the way, because the food and prices are reasonable and the ambiance is relaxing. I like the competition and variety of these business ventures popping up in the Rai. Hope they get the customer base to stay in business!

post-42806-0-54457000-1349073972_thumb.j

post-42806-0-56347300-1349074048_thumb.j

post-42806-0-18288100-1349074112_thumb.j

post-42806-0-42740800-1349074236_thumb.j

post-42806-0-82362000-1349074326_thumb.j

• Like 1

Do you think you could try one simple post without the digs and snide remarks? It really isn't all that difficult. Try the following next time.

Kebab in Chiang Rai !

Yes, you can find it in Night Bazaar with the Yellow tables.

They have 5 different tastes and all based on chicken.

It cost 50 baht and the ones I tried were really nice!

It is nice to get a bite that reminds of old times, going home in the middle of the night, drunk.gif

stopping at a Donner Kebab place, to get a spicy, sauce dripping Kebab that always tasted more!

I like the photography but I suggest that you are a little overexposed and a lttle bit less on the retouching.I do like the natural elements and the raised shadows.

I may partake of this fine establishment but seeing as I'm invited to Le Meridian every Sunday for the next few week I don';t know if I can fit it into my calender.

Thank you for sharing and caring.

Do you think you could try one simple post without the digs and snide remarks? It really isn't all that difficult. Try the following next time.

Kebab in Chiang Rai !

Yes, you can find it in Night Bazaar with the Yellow tables.

They have 5 different tastes and all based on chicken.

It cost 50 baht and the ones I tried were really nice!

It is nice to get a bite that reminds of old times, going home in the middle of the night, drunk.gif

stopping at a Donner Kebab place, to get a spicy, sauce dripping Kebab that always tasted more!

Dear Villagefarang,

I am sorry if you don't like my "voice".

But I just said that Kebab is not for everyone, sam as Pizza is not for everyone. Some people

think Pizza is not so healthy, other might find Kebab difficult to eat.

And even if Meridien is serving Pizza I don't think they serve Kebab. But you might know better,

I am not a regular guest there.

So Dear Villagefarang, where are my "digs" and my "snide remarks" in my post?

You seem to be a little bit sensitive. Do you think that Chiang Rai Forum just circle around you?

I don't know if I in the future have to send my posting to you first to get approval ?

Have a nice day Dear Villagefarang!

smile.pngbiggrin.pngrolleyes.gif