Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai

tayto

Do you think you could try one simple post without the digs and snide remarks? It really isn't all that difficult. Try the following next time.

Kebab in Chiang Rai !

Yes, you can find it in Night Bazaar with the Yellow tables.

They have 5 different tastes and all based on chicken.

It cost 50 baht and the ones I tried were really nice!

It is nice to get a bite that reminds of old times, going home in the middle of the night, drunk.gif

stopping at a Donner Kebab place, to get a spicy, sauce dripping Kebab that always tasted more!

Dear Villagefarang,

I am sorry if you don't like my "voice".

But I just said that Kebab is not for everyone, sam as Pizza is not for everyone. Some people

think Pizza is not so healthy, other might find Kebab difficult to eat.

And even if Meridien is serving Pizza I don't think they serve Kebab. But you might know better,

I am not a regular guest there.

So Dear Villagefarang, where are my "digs" and my "snide remarks" in my post?

You seem to be a little bit sensitive. Do you think that Chiang Rai Forum just circle around you?

I don't know if I in the future have to send my posting to you first to get approval ?

Have a nice day Dear Villagefarang!

smile.pngbiggrin.pngrolleyes.gif

VF's post puzzled me as well
  • Like 1

Just stumbled across tripadvisors restaurant ratings and reviews and shock horror one of my favourite restaurants moon Mai was only rated 18th even beaten by world class hamburgers which is 10th.

The cafe connection is number one chivit is two night bizzare is four.

Anyway with those rankings the kebab shop could be in with real a shot at the title.

Lunch at Le Meridien today, first time in quite a while.

The standard seems to have slipped a little although some of the offerings were very good, a Masaman beef curry in particular along with some very rare cold roast beef.

Still an enjoyable meal in great surroundings with the opportunity to nibble on a few exotic meats and cheeses and wreck the diet on the deserts.

• Like 1

If you like the taste of Mexican style food, stop by this little restaurant on your way to Mae Sai. It is past Mae Fah Luang University on the right. Next to VR Motor. It is not as good as Miguel's in Chiang Mai, but it will satisfy the taste buds. No Margaritas, sad.pngpost-42806-0-99757400-1349997886_thumb.j

post-42806-0-89274500-1349997806_thumb.j

post-42806-0-99757400-1349997886_thumb.j

post-42806-0-18433300-1349998104_thumb.j

• Like 1

If you like the taste of Mexican style food, stop by this little restaurant on your way to Mae Sai. It is past Mae Fah Luang University on the right. Next to VR Motor. It is not as good as Miguel's in Chiang Mai, but it will satisfy the taste buds. No Margaritas, sad.png[attachment=176240:IMG_2004.JPG

It is actually about 1 km south of MFLU on the left side going south.

Jun Ka Pak Restaurant - Next to Prince Chakraband Pensiri Center for Plant Development - Approximately 10 or so kilometers on the left, from second checkpoint on Highway 1 going North to Mae Sai. Lots of different vegetables and great food dishes.

post-42806-0-79509600-1350432300_thumb.j

post-42806-0-16046600-1350432500_thumb.j

post-42806-0-56014800-1350432757_thumb.j

post-42806-0-65613900-1350432976_thumb.j

post-42806-0-96514800-1350433248_thumb.j

post-42806-0-14759100-1350433356_thumb.j

My Favorite Noodle Shop - Yok Lor Restaurant, located on the left, approximately 1.1 kilometers from King Mengrai Monument, going East on Pao Khun Road (1232) going towards Wiang Chai.

post-42806-0-51220900-1350436640_thumb.j

post-42806-0-10121600-1350436720_thumb.j

post-42806-0-07634700-1350436807_thumb.j

post-42806-0-85631100-1350437476_thumb.j

Edited by bobbyd1

Le Meridien was almost back to it's old self today with an excellent selection of seafood dishes and a remarkable braised steak dish.

The sushi came with wasabi that absolutely made your eyes water.

I decided to restrict myself to the mixed berry cheesecake which I decided entitled me to a slightly larger piece but alas, while leaving the table I noticed the chocolate cake... sad.png

I've been waiting for my Starwood Preferred Guest card for months now so made a polite inquiry at the reception on the way in.

The charming young lady personally delivered it to me at the brunch a few minutes later.

• Like 1

New Italian style restaurant in Bandu. It is very classy and the Pizza is outstanding. The menu has much more to include spaghetti and Italian dishes. It is called Dui Dui and is located between Sintanee 5 and Sintanee 7, off of Pongphrabat road. I am sold on the quality of food and good service.

Lets see if I can better explain, it is kind of out of the way. Taking Phahon Yothin road (Route 1) going towards Mae Sai, Turn Left on Phongphrabat road (1511), drive 1.15 kilometers, turn left on Ban Du Soi 4 (not marked), it is the Soi before bright Orange convenience store. On Soi 4 Drive approximately .21 kilometers and it is on the left. Unfortunately, just street parking. Next to Wat Ban Rai. Had Spaghetti last night for 35 Baht, Medium Pizza 65 baht and a glass of wine for 60 baht. Too bad the location is out of the way, because the food and prices are reasonable and the ambiance is relaxing. I like the competition and variety of these business ventures popping up in the Rai. Hope they get the customer base to stay in business!

Telephone: 052-020413

I'm embarrassed to report I've tried twice to find the restaurant, to no avail. I can't even find 1511!

Not easy to found a good restaurant for farang food

most of them u are talking about

are far away from the town

i like singha restaurant

i cannot believe in bandu for this price and from the pic

the italian restaurant offer a good and quality product

for this money u cannot buy the product also if u are cooking by yourself.

The central have a good choise of different restaurant

i found the bill a little beat expensive

we are 5 people.....

Resident in the town miss a lot a good restaurant

boring of people open businees with 20.000 baht

and make a bad service.

Ok the meridian but expensive too

i never try sunday brunch i willl try.

I try the pizza at meridian but must to forget about

sorry i am italian....

Also the cordon blue o samething like this sameone show

i cannot eat without the bread

and i not believe to thai about the oil using for cook

to many story about....and problem u will get in the future.

Yes we miss samething good in a center not far away because when we need to eat samething we need not so far away.

Nobody is professional about this job

people are interesting about make money but not to make a good service.

I try all the restaurant u are talking about

and continue talking will be only loosing time and money.

Another think important is that restaurant in c rai cloose at maximum 22 pm

people want to make money but they want sit down and pass them finger in the feet in a day time working.

I suggest to everybody to eat only thai food in chiang rai

other think u can try but is alwayes a loosing time

because is food for animals not for humans.

Edited by siriweith

Thank you both. I will try again.

Don’t forget to follow up with a review if you ever find the place.thumbsup.gifsmile.png

I will.

In the meantime, I want to plug (again) my favorite western food place in Mae Chan. We go almost once a week. Never been disappointed. The Rasee

• 1 month later...

Teak Cafe on the way to Mae Sai, pass Mae Fah Luang University on right side, HWY 1, going North, opposite Cosmo gas station - Had the imported Ham Steak with mashed potatoes/gravy, sauerkraut and Cold Beer. Good selection of western style food.

post-42806-0-09816700-1354931323_thumb.j

post-42806-0-35368100-1354931461_thumb.j

post-42806-0-97338100-1354931647_thumb.j

I tried to find that Italian restaurant in Bandoo also and searched all the soi's , I couldnt find it either .

Ended up going to the TEAK House , seeing as many had recommended it . I had been there before , just for coffee but as the I-Thai wasnt located, drove there instead .

Ordered the Rack of Lamb. It didnt say what came with it but it was priced at 450bht . Eventually it arrived, 3 scrawny lamb chops (no Rack ) accompanied by a dozen or so Chips with a small side salad , 3 little shot glasses of sauces, Mint, Prawn cocktail sauce (I think that was what it was - pinkish mayo ? And what tasted like mushroom /pepper sauce and a slice of garlic bread.

The CHOPS (hahahahahahaha) seen more meat on a sparrow, were as tough as Dee's Flip Flops . I had to have a face massage after to realign my jaw. Other than that the chips were cold and so was the salad , thankfully . Sauces ok. As for the price , better off buying a leg of lamb from Tops / Big C or Makro and cook it yourself .

Would I eat there again , possibly not.

Good Coffee however .

Le Meridien was first rate yesterday, shrimp, smoked salmon and other fishy creatures cooked in various ways with a better than usual cheese platter to finish up on.

The icing on the cake.... not only at the great desert table... is that my next visit is gratis, I was presented with a voucher through their rewards card system.

We were advised to book for next week, the Sunday before Christmas.

• Like 1