Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai

tayto

I have noticed your tendency to loiter at the desert table at Le Meridien.

Not sure that you're a reliable source when it comes to deserts. whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

I swear, you have the memory of an elephant.laugh.png I cant even remember the last time my wife and I were able to attend the Sunday Brunch at the Meridien.

In my opinion the lemon meringue was better than what we had at Charin.smile.png

There is NO better lemon pie than the lemon supreme at Charin! ! ! ! !

Not sure that you're a reliable source when it comes to deserts. whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

I swear, you have the memory of an elephant.laugh.png I cant even remember the last time my wife and I were able to attend the Sunday Brunch at the Meridien.

In my opinion the lemon meringue was better than what we had at Charin.smile.png

You really shouldn’t be so shy.thumbsup.gif If you like something just say so.biggrin.png

I can’t say we agree with you, however.sorry.gif.pagespeed.ce.HIAcli9fRM.png

You really shouldnt be so shy.thumbsup.gif If you like something just say so.biggrin.png

I cant say we agree with you, however.sorry.gif.pagespeed.ce.HIAcli9fRM.png

I realize not everyone will agree with be about Charin's incredibly delicious lemon supreme pie . . .

BUT YOU'RE ALL WRONG!

Just kidding. If you know of a better lemon pie here in the CR area, please share the wealth.

You really shouldnt be so shy.thumbsup.gif If you like something just say so.biggrin.png

I realize not everyone will agree with be about Charin's incredibly delicious lemon supreme pie . . .

BUT YOU'RE ALL WRONG!

Just kidding. If you know of a better lemon pie here in the CR area, please share the wealth.

I have yet to come across my pie of preference, to cleanse the pallet after a rich flavorful meal. That would be something more akin to a Key Lime Pie, with a sweat crunchy gram cracker like crust, a tart and zesty filling, topped with a rich whip cream topping.smile.png
Today’s pie was not bad though.smile.png
  • Like 1

BUT YOU'RE ALL WRONG!

I have yet to come across my pie of preference, to cleanse the pallet after a rich flavorful meal. That would be something more akin to a Key Lime Pie, with a sweat crunchy gram cracker like crust, a tart and zesty filling, topped with a rich whip cream topping.smile.png

Todays pie was not bad though.smile.png

Amen on the Key lime pie.

Trend Setters

There's a newish, well it's new to me anyway, place that serves

Muslim food, near the Den Ha traffic lights opposite Tesco Lotus.

Popped in today for the first time. Had the goat with yellow rice and it was delicious.

Also tried the naan bread with bean curry and it was delightful.

I've heard their coffee's are really good but didn't try one this time.

They also have parking at the front which is a bonus.

Do yourself a favour and have a look.

• Like 2

Perhaps someone has already mentioned and frankly this pinned topic is way too long to read at 25 pages...but...

Le Meridien weekday buffet has improved a lot over the past month....ate there this week and found excellent quality, setting and service for bargain price of 249 baht all in. The selection is not massive but certainly there is plenty of tasty food that would satisfy most anyone.

Worth a try if you haven't been there yet.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

If you haven't been to Rai Boon Rawd recently for a meal you're really missing a treat. The new restaurant is absolutely lovely and the views are beautiful. It is well worth the drive out here. Yes I am posting from the restaurant right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How about tel;ling us how to get there from Thoeng

It is on the map but one of the easier ways to get there would be to drive to the White Temple and turn right. At the end of that road you will be on the Old Chiang Mai Road where you will turn right, heading back into town. Rai Boon Rawd is on the left a few kilometers down the road and believe me, you will not miss it with all the cars and guards directing traffic.

Does Rai Boon Rawd have a website. Or can I talk you into directions?

Checkout their Facebook page.

It's a farm?

It is a tea plantation and grows a variety of other things as well. Their marketing plan seems to be a work in progress but I can see this location becoming a major draw for Chiang Rai. They have a lovely restaurant and sometimes sponsor festivals, mountain bike and other sporting events and concerts. Tomorrow is the mt bike race. It was fun watching riders out riding the trails this evening.
Boon Rawd it the brewing company behind Singha Beer. I guess they have so much cash-flow, they need to invest the money and real-estate is one way to go. The owner was there today with an entourage checking things out. We had a nice visit with a photographer and a couple of models who were in the group.
This model posed for several photos with Cookie. She was afraid at first but it was amazing to watch as she switched into model mode and started posing, showing no fear at all.

1469988_630053340371780_112319365_n.jpg

1470002_630053357038445_1203340443_n.jpg

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

just published today

The Rasee

Christmas menu

Starter

Smoked salmon fillet and crayfish mousse served with melba toast and a salad garnish

Duck liver pate chunky toast and red onion marmalade

Lobster bisque soup served with a smoked paprika crutons

Mains

Roast turkey served with cranberry sauce and festive trimmings

Slow roasted prime rib of beef

Pan roasted salmon fillet topped with a spinach and white wine cream sauce

Honey glazed Virginia ham All main courses will be served with a traditional Christmas trimmings including roast potatoes, sprouts, stuffing, braised red cabbage, roast honey carrot, cranberry sauce and giblet gravy.

House wine per one glass TAVERNELLO Sangiovese Rubicone d’italaina(red 2010)

Desserts

Christmas pudding with a brandy sauce

Eton Mess

To finish

Hot English Tea or U-Long No.1 Tea or Hot coffee will be served as well

899 THB NETT

Prices are not subject to services charge or government tax.

For booking and deposit a half price are required. December 25th, 2013, 11.00 am until late

Phone: 053-772100 Mobile: 088-4186954 or facebook.com/raseechiangrai

Merry Christmas n’ Happy New year

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

Oh my oh my.Think I will be there.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't looked through all of these post, so...where is a good place for Christmas dinner? Preferrably under 300-350 baht. Low budget, X-mas at Kmart.

Also, any good, everyday buffets of Thai food for under a 100B? I'm in Udon Thani and there are many. I just need a change of pace, so making a move.

I was in CR in '07 and met a girl that took me to a Chinese-Thai place overlooking the river. You could eat inside and there were gazebos outside. It was a little pricey but I'd like to go back. Seems it was mostly seafood or riverfood.

Last but not least :) she also took me to a restaurant that had ladyboys for waiters. It seemed a little pricey too, but the service was excellent :o NPI

I've got a few friends coming after NY and want to take them there and see their erection. Haha--I'm not a fag. Just playing with you guys. But I would seriously like an answer. Thanks

• 1 month later...

J.K. Sports Bar in Bandu -

Big Screen, both True Vision and CTH. Live Sports, E.P.L, Spanish, German, Italian, Thai Football

Full Size Snooker Table

Thai and Farang Food

Free Food Every Saturday with Promotion on Beers

It is good to see some Sports bars being set up in Chiang Rai.

post-42806-0-20606400-1392417083_thumb.j

post-42806-0-77944700-1392417254_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Pleasant lunch at Le Meridien today; very quiet only about twenty diners when we left.

My lunch was free, I had nine stamps again on my regular customer card.

The cold cuts and seafood is still the best for those seeking value for money, you could easily turn several plates into the main course then top up on the excellent cheese and deserts.

The town was strangely quiet today, we ended up at Boon Rawd Park where I took a few photos and bought a couple of bottles of mulberry juice, a refreshing drink when diluted with soda water.

Pleasant lunch at Le Meridien today; very quiet only about twenty diners when we left.

My lunch was free, I had nine stamps again on my regular customer card.

The cold cuts and seafood is still the best for those seeking value for money, you could easily turn several plates into the main course then top up on the excellent cheese and deserts.

The town was strangely quiet today, we ended up at Boon Rawd Park where I took a few photos and bought a couple of bottles of mulberry juice, a refreshing drink when diluted with soda water.

They taste even better when eaten straight from the tree like we did as kids. Faces all purple but who cares.

• Like 1