Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai.

Sometimes a change is good for all of us. [/size]

Don, you're the only place I'll go to for western food when I'm in CR which, unfortunately for both of us, isn't often enough.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chivit Thamma Da Coffee House never disappoints and breakfast is my favorite.

I didn't want you guys getting yourselves too excited at your age. What's good for me is not necessarily good for the elderly.

I have just finished my first trip ever to Chiang Rai - I loved the place. Was lucky enough to go to Chef Sasa for pizza - wow it was fantastic. I honestly think it's one of the best I have ever had.

Posted Images

I found McDonalds to be pretty good.

Haven't stepped foot in the rest of the plaza yet so have no idea about any other shops there. But IF there are other restaurants there, they will for sure be less interesting to me than McDonalds. Pretty much anything else that could be offered there is available throughout the city in one form or another unless they have opened a Martian restaurant in the plaza.

I now feel thoroughly embarrassed to have ever stepped into that snooty, hoity-toity plaza and eaten at the following restaurants Sukishi Buffet, Fuji, MK, Yayoi, Yum Sap and Moom Mai. There must be something seriously wrong with me. :unsure:

I’ll try to restrain myself and not be tempted by the following offerings, Hot Pot Inter Buffet, S&P, Black Canyon, The Pizza Company, Kanom Jeen Street, Sizzler, Bar B Q Plaza, Chester’s Grill, KFC, and of course McDonald’s as it gets such mixed reviews.

Then again, I am weak and will no doubt try them all before passing judgement. :D

I now feel thoroughly embarrassed to have ever stepped into that snooty, hoity-toity plaza and eaten at the following restaurants Sukishi Buffet, Fuji, MK, Yayoi, Yum Sap and Moom Mai. There must be something seriously wrong with me. :unsure:

I'll try to restrain myself and not be tempted by the following offerings, Hot Pot Inter Buffet, S&P, Black Canyon, The Pizza Company, Kanom Jeen Street, Sizzler, Bar B Q Plaza, Chester's Grill, KFC, and of course McDonald's as it gets such mixed reviews.

Then again, I am weak and will no doubt try them all before passing judgement. :D

Me too but I freely admit McD was my Very first stop. Onward!

I am glad to read you left some to try on your second visit to Central.

I'll try to restrain myself and not be tempted by the following offerings, Hot Pot Inter Buffet, S&P, Black Canyon, The Pizza Company, Kanom Jeen Street, Sizzler, Bar B Q Plaza, Chester's Grill, KFC, and of course McDonald's as it gets such mixed reviews.

That has to be the winning post of the week.

That has to be the winning post of the week.

Amen! My first lol of the week.:D

Edited by scorpio1945

Work @ Home has the best tuna sandwich in town, in my opinion. Had one again today and am never disappointed. They use a particularly small loaf of fresh baked bread, slice the top half off, layer the good stuff on the bottom half and plunk the top half back onto the sandwich.

I had the ham and cheese sandwich right after the tuna sandwich. Same foundation, different fillings and it was remarkable also. The bread for the sandwiches is always served warm. Not sure, but I think all of those styles of sandwich are 85 baht. Other styles do cost more.

You can check your e-mail on one of the house computers while you wait and I think the net is free for dining room customers. Smoking is allowed at the tables outside of the cafe. If you don't want to sit out by the street and listen to the racket of the traffic, there are also chairs and tables at the back of the shop where you can overlook their garden as you relax.

Work @ Home really is a special place when you're needing a break from the local fare.

Stu, I did see the bacon in the display case. I think the post read 45 baht for 100 grams. The bacon looked good but I didn't buy.

They also do the nicest fruit drinks in town, not sweet just delicious, and they have a good selection of magazines to read while you relax.

Work @ Home has the best tuna sandwich in town, in my opinion. Had one again today and am never disappointed. They use a particularly small loaf of fresh baked bread, slice the top half off, layer the good stuff on the bottom half and plunk the top half back onto the sandwich.

I had the ham and cheese sandwich right after the tuna sandwich. Same foundation, different fillings and it was remarkable also. The bread for the sandwiches is always served warm. Not sure, but I think all of those styles of sandwich are 85 baht. Other styles do cost more.

You can check your e-mail on one of the house computers while you wait and I think the net is free for dining room customers. Smoking is allowed at the tables outside of the cafe. If you don't want to sit out by the street and listen to the racket of the traffic, there are also chairs and tables at the back of the shop where you can overlook their garden as you relax.

Work @ Home really is a special place when you're needing a break from the local fare.

Stu, I did see the bacon in the display case. I think the post read 45 baht for 100 grams. The bacon looked good but I didn't buy.

They also do the nicest fruit drinks in town, not sweet just delicious, and they have a good selection of magazines to read while you relax.

Where is it? On Sven's google map?B)

No, it isn't on the map. Proceed from the Coffee Doi Chaang Coffee and Arthouse, which is on the map, about another 60 meters towards the new river bridge and Work @ Home is on your left. Wide open front, you can easily see inside and there are usually tables and chairs in front, by the side walk.

So, from the night bazaar, head towards the river, cross the first traffic light (clock tower street) and proceed about 100 meters more. There is also a small Honda shop on the left. Work @ Home is the next building after the Honda shop. I often park behind the cafe, have a lunch and then leave the car parked there as I go on into the city center to shop or get a haircut. Short walk to the night bazaar area, maybe five minutes, tops.

You can buy fresh bread there also. Good bread.

Edited by kandahar