Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai

tayto

They do a great Christmas Eve and Christmas meal as well. We will be there for both this year!

Don't plan to cook for the holiday. The Le Meridien Christmas Eve looks great. I guess we could go back for Christmas day lunch. But are any of the other hotels doing Christmas dinner?

Make sure and get reservations. You will also have to pay in advance. We bought our tickets in October as last year November was too late for Christmas day. I'd call them for sure to make sure there is a spot open.

Edited by ChaangNoi

• 1 month later...

I noticed that Melt In Your Mouth has opened an outlet on the second floor of Central Plaza.

I like the food at their main location, I might give this new one a try this afternoon.

It is quite small so I am guessing they may only serve coffee and cakes but I am not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

One place that I haven't seen mentioned before is located right on the corner here: https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir//19.9078005,99.7936385/@19.9078238,99.7937874,20z?hl=en

It's a great little Thai place - easily our favourite in town; the setting is lovely and the owner really knows how to cook. I recommend the Pad Krapow Bet (Duck with basil) and the Chicken and cashew nuts, which is often very disappointing but here is absolutely spot on. They have an English language menu, and beers are very reasonable. The food portions aren't huge for the price, but the quality is superb. Well worth a visit.

Edited by Bardeh

The restaurant at Singha Park was packed today. They even make a great cup of coffee.

Hi VF, did you see any balloons in attendance at the festival?

We left before the balloons launched. I posted pictures of what I did see in the other thread.
Thanks, I see that you posted an update :)

Coming back from town today we noticed a new restaurant at the bottom of the hill with the temple on it.

Named Uncle Dee's Steak House and Cafe we decided to take an impromptu lunch there and were pleased to discover a decent, if not overly large, steak served in pleasant surroundings.

Steak prices start at 450B for Australian strip loin.

Other meals are available with indoor/outdoor dining options.

post-38081-0-52700000-1456041874_thumb.p

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

http://www.artbridgechiangrai.org/home/

We've been here for dinner a couple of times recently, and the food is great. The gallery has been closed both times, but it looks interesting to wander through while you wait for your dinner. The restaurant is a little on the pricier side, but not extortionate - maybe 1000B for two with drinks for starters and mains. Well worth a look.

• Like 1

Virtually across the road from Makro?

Sounds worth investigating.

Yep, on the other side of the highway pretty much opposite Makro. They don't have any 'signature' dishes that I saw, but everything we had was very well prepared and fresh. I even chanced a T-bone steak, and while I think it was still Thai beef (for 350 baht I doubt it's imported meat) it was big, very well cooked and I really enjoyed it.

The only downside is that if you go in the evening, the location next to the water means that there are a fair few insects buzzing around. My son enjoyed this, because he found it fun to watch the little geckos have their dinner while he ate his :)

We checked out The Wanderer, a new Doi Chang Coffee shop on the north bank of the river today.

Most impressed with the gardens and the new cafe and convention rooms.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1459069410.570007.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1459069567.213828.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1459069667.456512.jpg

Thanks for the tip, the wife and I stopped by and had a nice visit with the owner this morning. A really beautiful place. I may add some pictures later. Edited by villagefarang

A nice friendly lady she is too, my regular Sunday lunching companion seems to know her quite well as well.

Once again I wasn't clear.wink.png I was talking with the daughter smile.png and introduced her to my wife who had questions about their ability to handle events. We have a friend coming up from Bangkok with a group of 50 or 60 people and we were doing a quick survey of possible event sites. Given the choice, I always prefer dealing with younger women.wub.png