Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai

tayto

Are there any Indian Restaurants in CR, or are there any outlets that would deliver frozen.

I was told there is a supplier in CM that will send but have no contact info.

Looking for Garlic Naan - Samosas - Paratha, if I could find a restaurant I would have them supply a batch that a could freeze.

I'd be very interested in local Indian as well. As of now it seems trips to Chiang Mai are required to satisfy the craving.

What about American breakfast? Pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs, etc.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:01 PM, Isan Farang said:

Are there any Indian Restaurants in CR, or are there any outlets that would deliver frozen.

I was told there is a supplier in CM that will send but have no contact info.

Looking for Garlic Naan - Samosas - Paratha, if I could find a restaurant I would have them supply a batch that a could freeze.

I seen Naan bread in cryovac packets on the shelf in big C in the aisle with the olives in down on the bottom .Did not see garlic Naan.Hope this helps. 

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, revgreen said:

Went to Food Wishes for enchiladas over the weekend. Excellent food, and the owner/chef was a incredibly kind lady. They'll be opening a deli soon. All their cheese, bread, flour, sauces are homemade and sourced from the owner's farm.

Highly recommended.

Thanks Rev. I hadn't heard of this one. I might be going that area tomorrow and will try to find it.

• Like 1

The Vietnamese Restaurant that we have visited often the last 10 years have moved to a new location. 

Here you find it in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/12w9xatMHUqMYXrt9

We were there today and the food is as good as before but maybe we liked the old location better. 

Edited by XJ650
  • Thanks 1

A pleasant surprise on our Sunday coffee circuit, we’ve seen this place from the south bank of the river a number of times and finally made it there. Very busy for an out of the way cafe and the food good and cheap, four coffees and two dishes, 420 B.

Just west of the Super Highway bridge.

IMG_0587.JPGIMG_0588.JPGIMG_0589.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Today we had dinner at Chiangrai Delicatessen.  I had Cordon Bleu and it was as always just fantastic! My wife had Spaghetti something and she was also happy with the dinner.
They have a very good selection of beer from different countries.

Link to Chiangrai Delicatessen in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/ZBg1iExrzdphqPwm7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

The reliable Ribs and Co did not disappoint today, it remains one of the best lunch options in the town center.

Good service and good food at a good price remain a staple.

Fish and chips, spaghetti and meatballs, two coffees and a Scheppes lemon soda all for under 500B.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 10:47 AM, XJ650 said:

Today we had dinner at Chiangrai Delicatessen.  I had Cordon Bleu and it was as always just fantastic! My wife had Spaghetti something and she was also happy with the dinner.
They have a very good selection of beer from different countries.

Link to Chiangrai Delicatessen in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/ZBg1iExrzdphqPwm7

Is it an actual deli re bread rolls, cold cuts etc? Can't find much about it and doesn't look like they have a website or facebook page

Stopped off at the relatively new Doowall Coffee house and hotel today.

Short menu, we had pad thai and pad kra pou with two coffees for about 350B.

Both meals and coffees were first rate.

From the main Highway turn right at the White temple, once you are just past the temple complex it's well signposted and about a kilometer off 1208 to your left heading north west.

• Thanks 1

Finally got to Beers and Restaurant for the first time since they moved to their new location at the New Bus Station.

Well worth the trip with big meals at a good price, the stews and goulash sound great for this time of the year.

I took some cheese from his fridge as well, 200gms of imported blue for 120B will not be beaten anywhere else in Chiang Rai. They have Gouda at a similar price.

Very sociable host as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a lot easier to find than the old place was.

Coming from town on the highway turn left at the new bus station traffic lights.

Follow the access road past the shops on the left, turn right behind the bus station then right again at the next row of shops, you will see it on your left.

Capture b&r.PNG