Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai

tayto

4 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Lunch at Heaven Burger in Jed Yod Road with a member today involved a grilled chicken burger on a cheese and onion roll with crisp home cooked wedges for 129B.

Good food, good value.

Was it an esteemed member or just a run of the mill one?

On 12/8/2019 at 2:38 PM, sceadugenga said:

Finally got to Beers and Restaurant for the first time since they moved to their new location at the New Bus Station.

Well worth the trip with big meals at a good price, the stews and goulash sound great for this time of the year.

I took some cheese from his fridge as well, 200gms of imported blue for 120B will not be beaten anywhere else in Chiang Rai. They have Gouda at a similar price.

Very sociable host as well.

Lunch here today did not disappoint.

I'd like to say full marks to B&R for carrying imported alcohol-free beer at a reasonable price for those that feel like a decent drink and may have to drive or just not drink alcohol for various reasons.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Give Greens Farm Restaurant, Locus, Chivit Tamada, Manorom, The Wanderer, the pad Thai place near King Mengrai monument, Hungry Wolf's, the fish noodle place near clocktower, the 1st floor food court at Central, the yen tah fa pink noodle place on a little road just west of the main road, the Khao Soi shack just across where "Unique Sweet" coffeeshop used to be (different name now), the vendors outside the main market in the evening or the food area in Saturday walk street.

I eat everything. ????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, XJ650 said:

We found our favorite Deli-girl in Food Wishes Baan Du the other day.  She was before in the deli behind Da Vinci in the city. 

A lot of good stuff in her new Deli. 

Link in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/vHEm9MdF1N2HUbHC7

FoodWishes-1.JPG

FoodWishes-2.JPG

I've been told that this is Hans who indeed had the deli near Da Vinci Pizza.

I''ll check it out tomorrow.

• Like 1

A successful trip this morning, had a chat to the lady who is pleased to welcome her old customers from the previous business.

Don't go too early if you want bread, she said "after 11".

Got some nice strawberries at the nearby Ban Du market as well.

• Like 1

We made our second trip to Style Paidoi Cafe, signposted as Steak and Coffee, today.

Just off the Route 1207 at the end of a bit of rough track, the food is tasty and inexpensive.

We had Fish and Chips at 109B, small but sufficient for lunch. We saw people ordering ribs and they looked good at around 190B for a half rack.

Coffee was excellent.

Views are good, can only get better as the air clears.

The bottom right hand corner is the intersection with the Western bypass.

Capture style.PNG

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a small, very nice, lake southeast of town. Name is Mae Tak.  And there is a small resort, Baan Mai Praimeka, on the lake with a restaurant and a coffeeshop. We have been there 3-4 times and always got very good coffee, great cakes, very good food and fantastic deserts.  

It is a beautiful area and you can take a ride or a drive around the lake. 

Link in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/LedNUDeXuXxQL6r36

Some photos: 

CoffeeMaeTak-1.JPG.aa6c38d7af05cd4c267b6e5faa66fb4e.JPG

CoffeeMaeTak-2.JPG

CoffeeMaeTak-1.JPG

CoffeeMaeTak-3.JPG

CoffeeMaeTak-4.JPG

CoffeeMaeTak-5.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lunch at DeLanna today, we ate inside as you could barely see across the river.

We noticed that one Thai family brought their own air purifier and plugged it in next to their table.

Calamarie Fritti, Fries and pad thai with 2 coffees was 480B, very enjoyable.

• Thanks 1

Today we tried a new restaurant, Ing Chantra Vineyard.  It is out in Tha Sai,  nice quiet area not close to any highway. 

Link in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/QfEE61egVcwQipdb9

We ordered three dishes, Chicken Salad, Spaghetti Carbonara and a fried fish (my wife called it a "Dolly fish").  

Carbonara came within 10 minutes, Salad 4-5 minutes later and the fish after another 5 minutes. 

The service was excellent, the food even better and the bill was 357 bath. 

I have some friends living nearby but no one was at the restaurant. They do not serve alcohol so maybe that was the reason I did not see any friends there(????).

Just a photo of the Dolly Fish. It was served with a japanese sauce you see in the wooden cup.  That sauce was just fantastic. 

You can see more photos of the place and the food if you go to the link in Google Maps. 

Ing Chantra Vineyard-1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a great thread, as I'm a Chiang Rai newbie. Living at the Chiang Rai Condotel.

Two inexpensive restaurants close by, on Baanpapragarn Road past the Clock Tower. Soodkhed Steak, free salad bar. Timothy's, just past the curve in the road. A fraction more upmarket. Chicken in pepper sauce, Canadian ham steak. My GF likes Soodkhed Steak, and she is a fierce food critic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

No Friday Pizza at Ban Lom Jen because they are closed.  BUT Bella Pizza in town are still open for delivery or Pick Up. 

And you get 20% cheaper when you Pick Up. 

So we stopped there and ordered a Pizza Caprichosa.  We took a little walk and 15 minutes later we could pick it up. 

But you can order on the phone. 

Bella-1.JPG

Bella-2.JPG

• Thanks 1