Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai

tayto

On 6/13/2021 at 2:43 PM, SplitInfinitive said:

Saifon's German Bakery has moved, as patrons have possibly noticed.

She's not too good at giving directions on the phone but I finally found it today.

Coming off of 1211....

IMG_1179 saifon bakery.png

We have stopped at the new location a couple of times.  The place is really shaping up.  We were there yesterday (24 August).  It won’t be long before they also have a small restaurant open.  The chairs and tables were there but were still wrapped up.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

One Spanish restaurant I try recently is

La Ola

is closed to premium village ex Rinkok hotel.

Is not a cheap restaurant for many reason the quality of the product and the Spanish chef.

can see the direction in Facebook page.

Private parking

Another one favourite place is

Meridian Hotel at Sunday have international buffet at 599 Thai baht beverage not include or in alternative breakfast every day at 299 baht

Private parking

This 2 restaurant are the best in Chiang Rai about the quality of the food the presentation the service 

nothing to compare to all restaurant are mentioned 

La Gatta just open new place closed wiang come hotel with private parking

and I try the pizza is cheap and good

margherita 180 Thai baht

And the kitchen is clean.

Private parking

Outside Chiang Rai Singha park 

the pizza is not bad wood Owen

good location good service but a little expensive.

about the farang food is better forget there.

Private parking

Thai food Lillawadee close to the river

Private parking

The only place I will try you mentioned is the German bakery

I surprise in one bakery at the right side direction baan ramit they have the focaccia at 39 Thai baht.

If you carry with you your own salami or ham,not the Thai ham or salami

you will do a fantastic breakfast.

We recently tried The Ivy in Chiang Rai.  We liked it so we went back a second time.  Good Thai food at reasonable prices.  Also great desserts.  Once business pick# up they will have rooftop seating available.  They are located right in the middle of town by the entrance to the night bazaar, across the street from Swensen’s.  Right now there is reserved parking right next to the building.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/13/2005 at 11:23 AM, Limbo said:

>>>> Super tender, they melt in your mouth. I guess 250 to 350 grams at least. Pig, beef and OISTRICH ! Superb!

Between 190 and 240 Baht.

The customers are mostly softspoken Thai people. <<<<

I must apologize, I forgot to mention the salmon steak (hmmmm...).

It is on the road to Ban Panjamorn (direction Wiangchai). About hundred meters before you take to the left to go to the sportstadium. A big illuminated yellow sign at the left side of the road might catch your attention.

As we all know the Rimkok offers every day between 11 and 14 a very good buffet for the price of 120 Baht.

By that I don't want to say anything bad about the buffets of the Wiang Inn or the Wang Come, the two hotels in the middle of town. They are good too. Same price, but the Wang Come starts a little bit later at 11.30.

It seems that most motorized expats prefer the Rimkok. It is a very relaxed place.

Last Saturday evening I checked out the Family Buffet at the Rimkok Hotel (18 - 22?). It is 200 Baht.

A much bigger choice of dishes, everything nice fresh, white cloths on the table and some dance performances and not too loud life-music.

Nice atmosphere. Very nicely dressed Thai families mixed with a few foreigners, dressed in fake polo-shirts and short pants.

Nice to go with your family, indeed.

Be carefull when you order a beer, it will cost you almost as much as the whole buffet (Heineken or Songha, big bottles 165 Baht).

Limbo, a little bit hungry

I ate at the Rimkok many times and it was always a joy. Thanks for you info.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
24 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Wiang Inn hotel has a lunch buffet for 200 Baht (100 for kids) with a selection of Thai and Western food , from 11am-2 pm

are you recommending it or just posting a notification?

31 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The time limit for personal alterations has passed , could  you ask the Mods to delete my post ?

Don't get it deleted mate.

It's a helpful post.

Especially for those that live there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Also, I keep walking past "Dear Friend, Home" on Jet Yod and the menu sounds nice, if slightly expensive.  Anyone tried it yet?

https://g.co/kgs/ku42uQ

I looked at the menu, decided it was overpriced. The "Hungry Nest" does an excellent spinach, cheese and mushroom omelette, along with one of the best mango smoothies I have had in Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai. 180 baht for the two when I was last there in February.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/9/2023 at 2:51 PM, SiSePuede419 said:

Also, I keep walking past "Dear Friend, Home" on Jet Yod and the menu sounds nice, if slightly expensive.  Anyone tried it yet?

https://g.co/kgs/ku42uQ

I highly recommend this restaurant and have been there many times. Extensive menu, and both Thai and western dishes are very good. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2017 at 2:36 AM, XJ650 said:

Here it is : Mountain Creek

Don't know what was in that link (stupid of me not to check) but it started talking in a funny language ???? and the resturant is in Chiang RAI not MAI!

Which was in the original post and I again (stupidly) did not check. My apologies. So there is life in Chiang Rai then? 

Edited by nglodnig
Woops read the original post incorrectly.

Gotta give respect to Give Green Farm House Restaurant.

One block from the Baan Daam tourist attraction, just north of Ban Du, Chiang Rai.

Organic garden, VERY reasonable priced. 

Usually order 5-6 dishes plus a beer and sticky rice and not much over 500B.????

Give Green Farm House

081 090 1805

https://g.co/kgs/bwFStN

Edited by SiSePuede419

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hunt3r said:

Last time I ate in Chiang Rai it was at Simply So. Great food and excellent service, one waitress (W) was especially friendly and will do anything for you.

Agree, my favorite dish there is sausages and mash.

So has about 30 years experience in the restaurant trade in Pattaya, she knows how to run a restaurant.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Cheaper than Just So, food not to the same standard. You get what you pay for.

Having said that, I find their chicken steak with salad and chips a substantial meal. Pork steak is a bit fatty.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 6:05 AM, Lacessit said:

You get what you pay for.

99% of the time in Thailand, the more expensive restaurant doesn't taste as good as the cheaper ones.

My favorite restaurants are consistently the ones that you can get 5-6 dishes for 3 people and the bill is less than B600-700.

Besides eating British food like sausages and mashed potatoes isn't healthy. 

Adding a little mushy peas doesn't magically turn British food into something healthy.

Neither does a big steak.

Mashed potatoes should only be eaten if you just ran a marathon or you're in your 20s and skinny as a rail.  It's one of the worse foods to eat if you're older and overweight or diabetic/pre-diabetic.

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1