Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai.

Lunch at Chiang Rai United cafe near the airport today.

Got off to bad start, the coffee was not good so we switched to iced tea.

Ordered 5 small courses the highlights of which were the chicken and cashew nuts in which I counted 20 dried chilies and some fried meatballs that were light and tasty.

The fried shrimp were ok as well.

600B with two coffees and two large iced teas.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chivit Thamma Da Coffee House never disappoints and breakfast is my favorite.

I didn't want you guys getting yourselves too excited at your age. What's good for me is not necessarily good for the elderly.

I have just finished my first trip ever to Chiang Rai - I loved the place. Was lucky enough to go to Chef Sasa for pizza - wow it was fantastic. I honestly think it's one of the best I have ever had.

Posted Images

Does anyone know if the Le Meridian is having a New Year's function?

I was at the one last year. It was okay but nothing great. Then again I could care less about New Years. The entertainment was okay but I found the whole thing to be pretty dull. There might have been 50 people there. We will not be going this year. Odds are just staying at home.

We also did Christmas last here and will be at both the one on Christmas and Christmas Eve. That was great.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow 29 pages that goes back years....maybe time to start a new updated pinned topic on restaurants?

Anyway.....one called 71 degrees celsius serves nice bbq pork ribs as well as fish/chips and many other dishes.

It is located just down from Den Ha near the military plant nursery on the corner...

Big portions, reasonable prices, excellent service. Mostly thai but scattering of farangs. Our server spoke decent English and they have menu in English as well.

• Like 2

Thanks for that, I've driven past it many times but haven't tried it because they apparently don't do lunch.

I'll have to make the trip to town one night.

Maybe combine it with the Star War movie when the rush settles down.

They do a great Christmas Eve and Christmas meal as well. We will be there for both this year!

Don't plan to cook for the holiday. The Le Meridien Christmas Eve looks great. I guess we could go back for Christmas day lunch. But are any of the other hotels doing Christmas dinner?