BANGKOK 21 February 2019 08:40
tayto

Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai.

:o Pat's guest house has a killer burger! almost 1 lb of beef! Good for 2

Having lived in Chiang Rai for over 3 years, it is surprising sometimes to hear of a restaurant you did'nt know about.

One I know , The Family Bakehouse serves the finest steak ever.

Do you know of any good restaurants?

We just came home from a very nice, good, tasty and not too expensive meal at a rather new Vietnamese restaurant.

You can find it on the Main Road, almost opposite where you turn left on the Disco Street (Sperm Club, Par Club etc etc).

We just came home from a very nice, good, tasty and not too expensive meal at a rather new Vietnamese restaurant.

You can find it on the Main Road, almost opposite where you turn left on the Disco Street (Sperm Club, Par Club etc etc).

Good news. I love po pia.

By the way, svenivan can u pm me with the details on your avatar? I can't see it. and thanks for the pai post. good stuff. :o

Svenian,

The main road you are referring to is that the (super highway) that Big C is on or (Phahanyothin) the other side of that soi the par club and sperm club are on? I am very happy about this. I love Vietnamese.

Cheers.

Also Thomas,

Pats guesthouse is where in Chiangrai. Sorry I have no idea but always happy to try a new burger..

In The Rai!

Edited by In the Rai!

Svenian,

The main road you are referring to is that the (super highway) that Big C is on or (Phahanyothin) the other side of that soi the par club and sperm club are on? I am very happy about this. I love Vietnamese.

Cheers.

Also Thomas,

Pats guesthouse is where in Chiangrai. Sorry I have no idea but always happy to try a new burger..

In The Rai!

What we call the Main Road is the one starting at the Superhighway beside Little Duck hotel and ends at the policestations.

If you stand at the busstation then you can take Busstation road to the left to Superhighway or to the right to Main Road.

I heard someone said that Pats guesthouse is close to Overbrook Hospital.

Having lived in Chiang Rai for over 3 years, it is surprising sometimes to hear of a restaurant you did'nt know about.

One I know , The Family Bakehouse serves the finest steak ever.

Do you know of any good restaurants?

There is that restaraunt on the main road: I think it is owned by a Dutch man and his Thai wife. It serves thai and western food and, man, they have the best tacos there. Very unique how he does it. Serves good portions of food at a good price. Also, you can get an American breakfast there at a nice price also. I want to say something like the "Dutchman's House"? I think I am very wrong on the name of course...any help out there? The establishment has a Dutch maritime atmosphere going for it. This is driving me crazy. It also has an itty bitty internet shop you can use for free if you eat there.

There is that restaraunt on the main road: I think it is owned by a Dutch man and his Thai wife. It serves thai and western food and, man, they have the best tacos there. Very unique how he does it. Serves good portions of food at a good price. Also, you can get an American breakfast there at a nice price also. I want to say something like the "Dutchman's House"? I think I am very wrong on the name of course...any help out there? The establishment has a Dutch maritime atmosphere going for it. This is driving me crazy. It also has an itty bitty internet shop you can use for free if you eat there.

What about " Old Dutch" ? :o

Svenian,

Cheers.

Also Thomas,

In The Rai!

What we call the Main Road is the one starting at the Superhighway beside Little Duck hotel and ends at the policestations.

If you stand at the busstation then you can take Busstation road to the left to Superhighway or to the right to Main Road.

I heard someone said that Pats guesthouse is close to Overbrook Hospital.

Thank you kindly Svenian,

I am very keen to try this place out.

In The Rai!

There is an Italian Restaurant, Anto and Chatchada, that has very good real Italian food. We tried soup, sallad, spaghetti and pizza and everything was delicious.

You can find this restaurant on Sathanpayaban Rd, the road that passes the Goverment Hospital. If you go Main Road south from busstation then you turn right at first trafficlight. It is on your left side after 50 meter.

It is a small restaurant but very nice inside and the food is very good. They have a good variety of nice Italian vines but I could not try any of them because of this ####### Khao Panzaa.

But I will next time!!

:o:D:D

Been to a new restaurant again. It starts to be a bad habit.

We had Pan Pak Rouan, Tom Yam Khung and an Isaan dish with pork, chilli and Thai herbs. And of course soft drinks and water.

The food was very, very good, service was excellent and the bill was low! :o

There was live music and also Thai Traditional Dances.

I can recomend The Teak House!

A good place to eat great food Steaks , European food , Mexican food ,location front on new wat Doi Hang DON'S FOODS

I'm new to this forum and have only been in town for a few months but on the advice of this conversation i tried out a few resturants this week. - First was the golf course resturant for a 'big bear burger'. it is the best part of a kilogram of meat on an oval shaped bun. All the add ons as well (except beetroot) - It was good and I managed to finish the monster. About 300 baht. Next was the Mexican accross from Overbrook - again a monster serve quesadilla and burito for my girlfriend. about 250 B ea.

Next was the chicken stand near the old clocktower. I have to throw the best value ribbon at this one - 15 B each for some big bits of fried chicken.

I'll have a couple of nights on vegetables before i put in another update.

I'm new to this forum and have only been in town for a few months but on the advice of this conversation i tried out a few resturants this week. - First was the golf course resturant for a 'big bear burger'. it is the best part of a kilogram of meat on an oval shaped bun. All the add ons as well (except beetroot) - It was good and I managed to finish the monster. About 300 baht. Next was the Mexican accross from Overbrook - again a monster serve quesadilla and burito for my girlfriend. about 250 B ea.

Next was the chicken stand near the old clocktower. I have to throw the best value ribbon at this one - 15 B each for some big bits of fried chicken.

I'll have a couple of nights on vegetables before i put in another update.

Loving your work TheBastshirt.. keep it up.

Just a quesrion though. Would you rate the burger at the golf course the bast you have ever had? It's on his card thats all.. :o:D

Not far off the bast ever. And from a chef who doesn't know of the virtues of beetroot, that's saying something. - you also get a plate of chips and a bowl of coleslaw. Not that i really noticed them next to the tower of beef.

The buffet of the Wiang Inn (11 - 14) is very recommendable.

I would call it excellent. Many good salades, fine dishes (western and Thai) and great cakes and icecream.

140 Baht. Clean, relaxed, upmarket atmosphere.

If you usually are dressed in an old T-shirt, wearing short pants and flipflops I can recommend the buffet of the Rimkok Hotel (11 - 14). Very laid down atmosphere and (mostly too loud) live music. A much bigger choice than the Wiang Inn. 130 Baht.

I must have had a much more simple hamburger at Barry's golfcourse, less in size and price (175 Baht) and I thought this was a giant already.

I am curious if Thebastshirt will try out the Bakery (after about two kilometer to the left from King Mengrai on the road to Panjamorn/Wiang Chai - big yellow sign) for its gigantic and really excellent steaks (beef, pork, oistrich and salmon).

Between 180 and 240 Baht.

<deleted>, I had the buffet at the Rimkok today and as usual I had to try most of the dishes. It's now five hours later and I still hardly can move.

Limbo :o