Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chivit Thamma Da Coffee House never disappoints and breakfast is my favorite.

I didn't want you guys getting yourselves too excited at your age. What's good for me is not necessarily good for the elderly.

I have just finished my first trip ever to Chiang Rai - I loved the place. Was lucky enough to go to Chef Sasa for pizza - wow it was fantastic. I honestly think it's one of the best I have ever had.

Posted Images

http://www.artbridgechiangrai.org/home/

We've been here for dinner a couple of times recently, and the food is great. The gallery has been closed both times, but it looks interesting to wander through while you wait for your dinner. The restaurant is a little on the pricier side, but not extortionate - maybe 1000B for two with drinks for starters and mains. Well worth a look.

• Like 1

Virtually across the road from Makro?

Sounds worth investigating.

Yep, on the other side of the highway pretty much opposite Makro. They don't have any 'signature' dishes that I saw, but everything we had was very well prepared and fresh. I even chanced a T-bone steak, and while I think it was still Thai beef (for 350 baht I doubt it's imported meat) it was big, very well cooked and I really enjoyed it.

The only downside is that if you go in the evening, the location next to the water means that there are a fair few insects buzzing around. My son enjoyed this, because he found it fun to watch the little geckos have their dinner while he ate his :)

We checked out The Wanderer, a new Doi Chang Coffee shop on the north bank of the river today.

Most impressed with the gardens and the new cafe and convention rooms.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1459069410.570007.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1459069567.213828.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1459069667.456512.jpg

Thanks for the tip, the wife and I stopped by and had a nice visit with the owner this morning. A really beautiful place. I may add some pictures later. Edited by villagefarang

A nice friendly lady she is too, my regular Sunday lunching companion seems to know her quite well as well.

Once again I wasn't clear.wink.png I was talking with the daughter smile.png and introduced her to my wife who had questions about their ability to handle events. We have a friend coming up from Bangkok with a group of 50 or 60 people and we were doing a quick survey of possible event sites. Given the choice, I always prefer dealing with younger women.wub.png