Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai

tayto

On 11/6/2021 at 6:05 PM, statman78 said:

We recently tried The Ivy in Chiang Rai.  We liked it so we went back a second time.  Good Thai food at reasonable prices.  Also great desserts.  Once business pick# up they will have rooftop seating available.  They are located right in the middle of town by the entrance to the night bazaar, across the street from Swensen’s.  Right now there is reserved parking right next to the building.

The Ivy is fabulous.  Excellent decor, comfortable seating, personable staff ... and, the food is FANTASTIC.  Fresh produce, tender meats and balanced flavours ... all at reasonable pricing.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

99% of the time in Thailand, the more expensive restaurant doesn't taste as good as the cheaper ones.

My favorite restaurants are consistently the ones that you can get 5-6 dishes for 3 people and the bill is less than B600-700.

Besides eating British food like sausages and mashed potatoes isn't healthy. 

Adding a little mushy peas doesn't magically turn British food into something healthy.

Neither does a big steak.

Mashed potatoes should only be eaten if you just ran a marathon or you're in your 20s and skinny as a rail.  It's one of the worse foods to eat if you're older and overweight or diabetic/pre-diabetic.

I went on a low-carb diet quite some time ago, and dropped my body mass from 93 kg to 78 kg. Combined with a regime of regular exercise, 78 kg is where my weight has stayed.

I agree sausages and mash is not healthy if eaten regularly. I eat it about once a week, because at that frequency it is doing me no harm, and I enjoy the taste.

Steak is healthy, it is protein. Processed carbohydrate and sugar are what is unhealthy.

I am 80 yo. My BMI is in normal range. My blood pressure is 120/65, with a resting pulse rate of 60 bpm. What's your statistics?

Edited by Lacessit

On 7/8/2023 at 1:34 PM, SiSePuede419 said:

99% of the time in Thailand, the more expensive restaurant doesn't taste as good as the cheaper ones.

100% agree. Take the wife to a more expensive restaurant spend 1000-2000฿ and I’m never impressed. Though I’m always impressed a simple khao niao & muping or hanglay, 40-50฿ is cheap doesn’t mean it’s not superior.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...