BANGKOK
tayto

Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai.

First rate coffee here, great view, friendly staff.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madam-Hill-Coffee/1843414212625511

Just past Doi Hang, look for the sign on your left.

Are there any Indian Restaurants in CR, or are there any outlets that would deliver frozen.

I was told there is a supplier in CM that will send but have no contact info.

Looking for Garlic Naan - Samosas - Paratha, if I could find a restaurant I would have them supply a batch that a could freeze.

I'd be very interested in local Indian as well. As of now it seems trips to Chiang Mai are required to satisfy the craving.

What about American breakfast? Pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs, etc.

33 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

There's supposed to be an Indian place off Jed Yod road near the Wang Come hotel.

https://www.facebook.com/acchachiangrai/

Never been there personally.

They also have a place in Chiang Mai,and its good.

regards worgeordie

17 hours ago, revgreen said:

I'd be very interested in local Indian as well. As of now it seems trips to Chiang Mai are required to satisfy the craving.

What about American breakfast? Pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs, etc.

The best breakfast eggs in town are at Chivet Thamma Da.

My regular dining companion says the Eggs Benedict are the best in Thailand and I find that the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon touch all the bases.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Chivit+Thamma+Da/@19.9216913,99.8449687,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x3dfdfaff554973b3!8m2!3d19.9216913!4d99.8449687

• Like 2

On 5/26/2019 at 8:01 PM, Isan Farang said:

Are there any Indian Restaurants in CR, or are there any outlets that would deliver frozen.

I was told there is a supplier in CM that will send but have no contact info.

Looking for Garlic Naan - Samosas - Paratha, if I could find a restaurant I would have them supply a batch that a could freeze.

I seen Naan bread in cryovac packets on the shelf in big C in the aisle with the olives in down on the bottom .Did not see garlic Naan.Hope this helps. 

Cheers

Went to Food Wishes for enchiladas over the weekend. Excellent food, and the owner/chef was a incredibly kind lady. They'll be opening a deli soon. All their cheese, bread, flour, sauces are homemade and sourced from the owner's farm.

Highly recommended.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, revgreen said:

Went to Food Wishes for enchiladas over the weekend. Excellent food, and the owner/chef was a incredibly kind lady. They'll be opening a deli soon. All their cheese, bread, flour, sauces are homemade and sourced from the owner's farm.

Highly recommended.

Thanks Rev. I hadn't heard of this one. I might be going that area tomorrow and will try to find it.

• Like 1

The Vietnamese Restaurant that we have visited often the last 10 years have moved to a new location. 

Here you find it in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/12w9xatMHUqMYXrt9

We were there today and the food is as good as before but maybe we liked the old location better. 

Edited by XJ650

A pleasant surprise on our Sunday coffee circuit, we’ve seen this place from the south bank of the river a number of times and finally made it there. Very busy for an out of the way cafe and the food good and cheap, four coffees and two dishes, 420 B.

Just west of the Super Highway bridge.

IMG_0587.JPGIMG_0588.JPGIMG_0589.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1