10 Day Tourist Extensions+border Runs?

Last week i went to the bkk immigration department to get a 14 days extension on my tourist visa ,the lady at the counter told me i could only have 10 days.Ok no problem as i was planning a re-entry trip anyway..Upon checking the stamp i noticed that it said something like "extension not approvel. stay not permitted after-date" and no "approvel" is not a typo.

I have 4 re-entry stamps in my passport,has this got something to do with it??,or,is it standard practise for non-border stamps??

will i be wasting my time trying to get the re-entry??Am i better off just overstaying the last few weeks??

Thanks in advance

LTLT.

Do you have a 60 day tourist visa that you tried to extend or do you just have a 30 day entry without visa stamp that your tried to extend? If a 60 day tourist visa I would prepare to leave.

What are you calling re-entry stamps? Are these 30 day entry without visa stamps?

I suspect what you have is normal for a 30 day stamp extension as they are not designed for extension.

In any case you are never better off just overstaying a few weeks. You should either make a border run for a new 30 days or obtain a visa from a Consulate. I would do this before your current stay expires on the off chance immigration says they will not allow you to return if you exit - so that you have time to make other arrangements before you become an overstay case.

Do you have a 60 day tourist visa that you tried to extend or do you just have a 30 day entry without visa stamp that your tried to extend?  If a 60 day tourist visa I would prepare to leave.

What are you calling re-entry stamps?  Are these 30 day entry without visa stamps? 

I suspect what you have is normal for a 30 day stamp extension as they are not designed for extension.

In any case you are never better off just overstaying a few weeks.  You should either make a border run for a new 30 days or obtain a visa from a Consulate.  I would do this before your current stay expires on the off chance immigration says they will not allow you to return if you exit - so that you have time to make other arrangements before you become an overstay case.

I have been doing the 30 day tourist visa runs,I agree the best thing to do would be to go before the visa expires,and not on the day(which i have been doing) This way,if a problem occured with the new 30 days,they would tell on the way out?????if so i could then make other plans,without being stuck on the wrong side of the border??

it goes without saying that I always try and avoid overstaying and the potential problems it brings..

Edited by lovethailandlongtime

That is not a visa so was my confusion. It is just a permitted to stay stamp and you received it without having a visa (which you obtain prior to entry into a country).

They would normally let you know if you will have a problem on return and even if they did not most likely they would give you a few days entry to make travel arrangements out.