Non Immigrant Oa Marriage Visa. Extension Problem

I have a Marriage Visa extention question for someone who sent an email to my website(mainly information in Dutch) //edit Remove URL

which I couldn't answer properly myself:

"I am 59 years old I am from the Netherlands,

>I live in Thailand more as 7 years.

>i am official married with a Thai Woman and a daughter from 5 years

>old.

>I have a year income from 7000 Euro early retiere benefits.

>I have for more as 7 years a year visa with out any problem.

>the rule's be change by the Thai imigration office now you must have

>400.000 Baht income per year it is per month around 34.000 baht and

>I have 30.000 Baht .

>they don't give me a year visa,they give me a visa for 5 Months till

>1 December 2005,

>My question is can you help me for a year visa.

>a non imigrant visa ?

>or a longer visa ?

>and please how much do you want ?

>please not to much because I am not rich."

Does any of you guys have any idea wow to remedy this issue?

I know the rule of 400.000 a year or 40.000 per month, but didn't know 34.000 per month was ok too. Do you?(I haven't been able to enter the Thai Immigation web site for some time now)

You only need the 40K on your bank account during extension and then you can use it again until the next extension, right? So if he has 400K by december 2005(then his current given extension expires) it is ok, correct?

Edited by mattnich

Believe immigration is using the 400k or 40k per month but this person is dividing 400k by 12 to come up with 34k per month. Do not believe immigration will accept that. What they would probably accept is a bank account with 120k or more and proof of pension of 30k per month as the 120k would make up the pension deficit. If he can put 400k into his bank account it should fly without any pension paperwork but it sounds as if he has little or no money in bank.

Believe immigration is using the 400k or 40k per month but this person is dividing 400k by 12 to come up with 34k per month.  Do not believe immigration will accept that.  What they would probably accept is a bank account with 120k or more and proof of pension of 30k per month as the 120k would make up the pension deficit.  If he can put 400k into his bank account it should fly without any pension paperwork but it sounds as if he has little or no money in bank.

Thanks for the reply Lopbury. I will let him know what I already knew plus the option of 120K in the bank account + 30K a month. Don't know what he has at the bank... I fear the worst...

Cheers,

Jasper

//edit Remove URL

Edited by mattnich

I ran into a similar problem yesterday at Suan Plu Immigration while switching from retirement to Marriage visa. They would not accept my pension which exceeds 400K even though I had all monthly pension statements for more than 2 years AND a letter from my embassy (US).

They ALSO wanted a bank account letter from my bank even though I had my bank book with me (with enough funds for a retirement visa let alone Marriage visa) and they had the letter from last year.

They did not say what was the minimum needed in the bank account.

I talked to the lady and her supervisor for 10 minutes to no avail.

Are pensions alone no longer accepted ?

Did they raise the pension numbers ?

Pensions are not accepted without a bank account and bank letter also being provided AFAIK. The amount is not that important - but the fact you have is. Normally they will not let you get past the TM.7 application desk without it.

Edited by lopburi3