What Doe All The Lettercodes Mean?

Hi,

I'm 22 year old Dutchman how want's to become an english teacher in thailand. But what kind of certifacate do I need. I see all kinds of lettercodes. Can somebody help me. And do I need to speak Thai to become a teacher.

No you don't NEED to learn Thai to be a BETTER teacher (as you shouldn't really use it in the class per se....minimally if at all).

TEFL acronyms: http://www.esl-teaching.net/modules.php?na...=showpage&pid=2

Basically Thais learn English as a foreign language so TEFL is best here, but to be honest a TESL would be as readily accepted most of the time. They both fall under the heading of TESOL.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm 22 year old Dutchman how want's to become an english teacher in thailand. But what kind of certifacate do I need. I see all kinds of lettercodes. Can somebody help me. And do I need to speak Thai to become a teacher.

:o

Jesus and you are going to teach??? Do you want to teach to enhance the life of a Thai or is it because you think you are in love with a prostitute?

Hi,

Just at a glance you would make a perfect teacher here. You spell just like a Thai.

:o

I left the grammar problems out though. I'll leave that to the Thais.

C

Hi,

Just at a glance you would make a perfect teacher here. You spell just like a Thai.

:D

C

Psst, Carl. Thailand should start with a capital 'T'! :o

Edited by Grant

Hi,

:D

C

Psst, Carl. Thailand should start with a capital 'T'! :o

True. Hey, it was a laugh anyway.