Phuket Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse Arrested At UK Airport

webfact

Phuket murder suspect Lee Aldhouse arrested at UK airport

gallery_327_1086_72343.jpg

Fugitive murder suspect Lee Aldhouse, now in custody in UK.

PHUKET: -- Fugitive murder suspect Lee Aldhouse has been detained by airport authorities while trying to enter the UK, the Gazette has learned.

Lt Col Anukul Nuket, investigating officer in the case, confirmed that Chalong Police received the news from British officials yesterday.

Chalong Police are now compiling evidence to try and have Mr Aldhouse extradited to Thailand to be charged for the stabbing murder of 23-year-old American Dashawn Longfellow in Rawai on August 14.

Mr Aldhouse, 28, was the target of an international manhunt for almost two weeks, after he allegedly followed the American home and stabbed him after the two engaged in a bar fight in Rawai.

Chalong Police will pass all evidence in the case to the Phuket provincial public prosecutor, who is expected to file an extradition request with the British Embassy in Bangkok as soon as possible.

The embassy will then liaise with Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, he added.

Forensics Police have confirmed that the knife found at the scene was the murder weapon and a report from Vachira Hospital Phuket has confirmed that Mr Longfellow died from the knife wound, Lt Col Anukul said.

More damning evidence is available in the form of CCTV footage of a man closely resembling Mr Aldhouse entering a nearby 7-Eleven convenience store just before the time of the murder and ordering terrified staff to give him knives.

All evidence required for the initial extradition application is expected to be compiled today, Lt Col Anukul said.

Chalong Police hope to have the suspect back in Phuket within a week to be formally indicted, he added.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-08-27

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very fishy...maybe he bought his way out of the kingdom. Or he flied from a neighbor country. Almost sure he won't be extradited too, since he's risking the death penalty here in thai. It would be a shame if he got away with a so meaningless and horrendous murder so easily...

• Like 1

More damning evidence is available in the form of CCTV footage of a man closely resembling Mr Aldhouse entering a nearby 7-Eleven convenience store just before the time of the murder and ordering terrified staff to give him knives.

they better make a VERY good case , and not use such evidence as this, as it would be thrown out of a UK court, we all know he most likly was the murderer , but if he has a good lawyer in the UK, and the police here cannot collate enough superficial evidence, the UK will not co operate with a extradition order....

wow , finally and in England !!! , wonder how he got out of Thailand and which country he flew from ... strange no one picked him up before ? ....

It's easy to bypass border controls in Thailand, you just need to know were and when. Because some of the areas are stil monitored by the thai army. But it is very easy to go to lao and cambodia without going through immigration. Once in Lao just get a taxi to friendship bridge in savannakhet and get stamped in, as this is relaxed, if someone stops just say i forgot to get stamped in.

Plus the extradition will get denied due to human rights, and thailand is a country that offers death sentence so the UK will not extradite him.

Lets hope the Muay Thai tosser gets sent back ASAP and then we can see just how hard this @anker is in the BKK Hilton.

So hard he had to kill the guy with a knife, YEAH REAL HARD. Allegedly of course ;)

As for him not getting extradited because of the death penalty ? They rarely give foreigners the death penalty and normally commute it to a life, meaning life, sentence. So it shouldn't be a problem NICE!!!!!!!!

he should certainly pay for his crime, however i think doing the time in the uk would be just as bad if not worse in some cases than being in the Bangkwang.

Sure he might have more luxuries, like radio, british papaers etc etc, but if anyone has read "forget you had a daughter" by sandra gregory. Will know its by all means not a soft place to

serve out a sentence if found guilty.

I also believe, that if sentenced in the UK, he wont have the luxury of appealing for a pardon? correct me if im wrong!

"the extradition will get denied due to human rights, and thailand is a country that offers death sentence so the UK will not extradite him."

so what happens to him then ? does he just walk away from it all ?

Edited by wombat

wow , finally and in England !!! , wonder how he got out of Thailand and which country he flew from ... strange no one picked him up before ? ....

It's easy to bypass border controls in Thailand, you just need to know were and when. Because some of the areas are stil monitored by the thai army. But it is very easy to go to lao and cambodia without going through immigration. Once in Lao just get a taxi to friendship bridge in savannakhet and get stamped in, as this is relaxed, if someone stops just say i forgot to get stamped in.

Plus the extradition will get denied due to human rights, and thailand is a country that offers death sentence so the UK will not extradite him.

it will be interesting to see what his exact route was out of Thailand, also what his version of events where

He probably went straight to Phuket airport for the first flight to Bangkok, then, first flight to Europe. This would have been well before immigration were notified by the police.

I doubt all this talk of going first to surrounding Asian countries is at all relevent.

Considering how many fugitives from European countries manage to elude police and immigrations in those countries,then come to Thailand and have to be arrested by Thai Police, I'm surprised the British authorities managed to intercept him without help from the Thai Police.

"the extradition will get denied due to human rights, and thailand is a country that offers death sentence so the UK will not extradite him."

so what happens to him then ? does he just walk away from it all ?

no, as another poster mention before , he was also wanted for Armed Robbery in the UK, this is probably how they picked up on him at the airport.

he may of been advised to return to face this ' accusation ' as it would de tour the ' murder conviction ' in thailand.....

He probably went straight to Phuket airport for the first flight to Bangkok, then, first flight to Europe. This would have been well before immigration were notified by the police.

I doubt all this talk of going first to surrounding Asian countries is at all relevent.

but he didnt hve his passport, also where was he from the 14 th augest untill yesterday when he was caught ?

I wonder what happens if Thailand would ask for extradition and guarantee the UK in the same time that this badass not get executed but life in prison? To be honest, I not believe he will be extradited anyways. Just wonder whether it would be possible at all.

but he didnt hve his passport, also where was he from the 14 th augest untill yesterday when he was caught ?

Oh yeah........forgot about that.

yeah and caught a 2 week flight out of bangkok

i was told he was on a plane to the uk a couple of days ago, allegedly he flew from cambodia, as soon as he got on the flight, they notified the uk authorities.. i would love to see him sent to the usa, prolly wont happen tho.