Phuket Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse Arrested At UK Airport

webfact

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correction, Marine, not Army, and having spent 20 years in the Marines, they wouldn't even bother taking him out on a patrol. It would be like: "So, you get your Muay Thai butt kicked by one of ours, and then you get a knife, follow him home and kill him? Welcome to your worst nightmare!"

:whistling:

Yawn yawn :rolleyes:

What a nasty picture you paint of your much vaulted USMC. Are they really such a collection of idiotic undisciplined animals? I suspect that they are much like the USN. Bloody good kids in harbour but Oh my Christ at sea.

Out of interest I contacted the Home Office about this and they confirmed that nobody has been extradited to Thailand in 'recent years'.

Given the quality of Thai justice and the reputation of RTP, who can be surprised at that? May I remind the hard of thinking contributors and readers here advocating prosecution in the US of the O.J. Simpson case?

If those accused of sexual offences in Thailand can be tried in UK courts it makes sense to me that ANY offence would follow the same procedure. If so, I suspect that the Crown Prosecution Service would recommend no action in a charge of murder since some of the evidence offered would be viewed very sceptically if not inadmissible . Involuntary manslaughter might stick though.

Any updates on this story? All seems to have gone quiet.

Rick

the last news was surrathani police where contacting forensics reports to present an extradition case... if they cannot find any substantial evidence, i dont think anything will happen....

Wow this whole ordeal is very sickening. I get the picture now.,,,, the UK refuses to bring this guy to justice? Why???? He's a killer, why all the excuses to baby this British Killer. It looks like the Brits consider an American life cheap. Way to go UK,who are the real barbarians? What does this mean? Can a Brit murder outside of Britain and face no consequences? Not even the British tabloids mention anything? Why the silence???? Maybe America should realize UK is a rival and no friend. If an American is charged with a Brits death then there is no end to it. The American is considered guilty, like Amanda Knox, who is trashed time after time by British newspapers. This whole argument where Thai prisons are too rough, well that's what this punk deserves doesn't he? Get him off steroids and watch him curl into a little ball of cowardise. I get the feeling that the Brits want Americans to fear them, and murder is ok, Lets just call this British Justice because that's what it is. Kill an American , run home to Britain, and everything is ok. No questions asked. BARBARIC!:realangry:

If those accused of sexual offences in Thailand can be tried in UK courts it makes sense to me that ANY offence would follow the same procedure. If so, I suspect that the Crown Prosecution Service would recommend no action in a charge of murder since some of the evidence offered would be viewed very sceptically if not inadmissible . Involuntary manslaughter might stick though.

Because they had to make a new law, which was 'travelling overseas to have sex with a minor' which then meant the crime is committed within UK jurisdiction (the travelling part) and hence can be tried there.

Wow this whole ordeal is very sickening. I get the picture now.,,,, the UK refuses to bring this guy to justice? Why????

Because we dont even know if an extradition order has been lodged yet..

Plus he has outstanding UK legal issues, from what sounds like a parole violation, and those are being processed too.

He's a killer, why all the excuses to baby this British Killer. It looks like the Brits consider an American life cheap. Way to go UK,who are the real barbarians? What does this mean? Can a Brit murder outside of Britain and face no consequences? Not even the British tabloids mention anything? Why the silence???? Maybe America should realize UK is a rival and no friend. If an American is charged with a Brits death then there is no end to it. The American is considered guilty, like Amanda Knox, who is trashed time after time by British newspapers. This whole argument where Thai prisons are too rough, well that's what this punk deserves doesn't he? Get him off steroids and watch him curl into a little ball of cowardise. I get the feeling that the Brits want Americans to fear them, and murder is ok, Lets just call this British Justice because that's what it is. Kill an American , run home to Britain, and everything is ok. No questions asked. BARBARIC!:realangry:

No there are simply full legal processes, which america would apply also..

Now is the Thai justice system, capable of putting a case together that the rest of the world would consider legally compelling ?? Not one a Thai judge can rule based on hunch and assumption, but actual evidence, properly gathered, with a chain of security for all the pieces, etc etc.

Its assumed Lee killed him, by everyone myself included, but the fact is he was smart enough to get out of Thailand and back to the UK, now because of that action they have to prove it, not say they think so, but show it with evidence, gathered and collated to an international standard.

Its assumed Lee killed him, by everyone myself included, but the fact is he was smart enough to get out of Thailand and back to the UK, now because of that action they have to prove it, not say they think so, but show it with evidence, gathered and collated to an international standard.

Don't you mean "collated to a British standard"?

I'd be wondering if the Thai authorities are really all that concerned about pursuing this because there are no Thais involved (apart from an initial feeble effort to gain extradition). They at least have to look like they are interested, which is exactly that they appear to be doing.

Edited by tropo

Wow this whole ordeal is very sickening. I get the picture now.,,,, the UK refuses to bring this guy to justice? Why???? He's a killer, why all the excuses to baby this British Killer. It looks like the Brits consider an American life cheap. Way to go UK,who are the real barbarians? What does this mean? Can a Brit murder outside of Britain and face no consequences? Not even the British tabloids mention anything? Why the silence???? Maybe America should realize UK is a rival and no friend. If an American is charged with a Brits death then there is no end to it. The American is considered guilty, like Amanda Knox, who is trashed time after time by British newspapers. This whole argument where Thai prisons are too rough, well that's what this punk deserves doesn't he? Get him off steroids and watch him curl into a little ball of cowardise. I get the feeling that the Brits want Americans to fear them, and murder is ok, Lets just call this British Justice because that's what it is. Kill an American , run home to Britain, and everything is ok. No questions asked. BARBARIC!:realangry:

So, if the guy had been American and managed to get back to the states, he would have been extradited immediately?

Of course he wouldn't!

Read the more sensible posts on this thread and be patient. There's a lot of conflicting information here and nobody seems absolutely sure of his exact location and circumstances.

We all want justice done but whether the Thai authorities will ever produce the compelling evidence required for extradition is another matter.

Don't you mean "collated to a British standard"?

I'd be wondering if the Thai authorities are really all that concerned about pursuing this because there are no Thais involved (apart from an initial feeble effort to gain extradition). They at least have to look like they are interested, which is exactly that they appear to be doing.

Well yes.. To get it from Britain it would be to please the british.. But in the greater picture I am making an assumption (and you know what they say about them) that England acts along similar guidelines as most western developed countries ?? And hence what satisfies England probably would be the same for Germany, Ireland, Sweden etc.. AKA international.

At this moment we dont even know if an extradition request has been lodged, if it hasnt its hardly the english governments fault fro not rounding him up and sending him somewhere, without even being asked to do so.

Utterly ridiculous rant.

• Like 1

The guy is in custody and off the streets. There's time to sort out the details.

A rational assessment. The accused isn't going anywhere and anyone bashing the UK system should instead be giving thanks. At least while in the custody of HM Prison Service the accused will be unable to bribe his way out. Whether he is in a jail in Thailand, the UK or or elsewhere, he's in custody and that's all that matters

Lee Aldhouse is a whimpy llittle Brit hiding behind his mother's skirt which happens to be the British legal system, which has given him a pass on murder. This is a common practice which goes back to colonial days. Sadly he won't be the last Brit to murder overseas and then run home to a legal system that wants to avoid the bad publicity. He's only half of the problem.

Bloody hel_l Certified, you have the right name,from your ranting it seems you should be!!

FYI to extradite from the UK an official request has to be made with compelling FACTUAL evidence, DNA, fingerprints, eyewitnesses etc.

The UK follows all international guidlines and not the current gung ho american thinking of justice.

UK will not extradite to countires that carry out the death penalty, even to that haven of civilised behaviour, the US, unless assurances are given that the death penalty will not be imposed. They also have to be assured that basic human rights will be adhered to.

To summarise this particular person will serve what is left from his parole violation in the UK [first crime takes precedence] then IF the Thai authorities present a request with evidence on the ALLEDGED crime and assurances that there will be no death penalty the Home Sec will consider the request.

As none of the above have been completed yet how can be extradited??

Obviously Lee Aldhouse is hiding behind Britains very lengthy and archaic red tape so he won't have to face the consequences of his behavior. What a pathetic punk this loser is. It very well looks like that Brits can go abroad, commit any crime for any reason, run home to mama, and that Britain just looks the other way.What seems particularilly disturbing is the callous attitude that the esteemed British legal system has for the international victims that have suffered at the hands of these arrogant, maladjusted, and viscious British killers. Th British legal system is hardly enlightened enough to take resposibility for the murderous behavior of this killer and will do nothing but offer lame excuses,if that. In short, Britain doesn't care if its citizens go abroad and commit murder, this case is a prime example of this attitude. If you don't agree with me then watch what happens, nothing.

Wonder if the US would be any faster in extraditing his own citizens ? :rolleyes: ?

The problem started in Thailand coz their corrupt system let him slip out of the country.

No need for UK or US bashing since the ones to blame are right here in LOS ! And we all know who they are.

Obviously Lee Aldhouse is hiding behind Britains very lengthy and archaic red tape so he won't have to face the consequences of his behavior. What a pathetic punk this loser is. It very well looks like that Brits can go abroad, commit any crime for any reason, run home to mama, and that Britain just looks the other way.What seems particularilly disturbing is the callous attitude that the esteemed British legal system has for the international victims that have suffered at the hands of these arrogant, maladjusted, and viscious British killers. Th British legal system is hardly enlightened enough to take resposibility for the murderous behavior of this killer and will do nothing but offer lame excuses,if that. In short, Britain doesn't care if its citizens go abroad and commit murder, this case is a prime example of this attitude. If you don't agree with me then watch what happens, nothing.

Are you British? Perhaps before continuing on with these rants we should find out what is happening with him? We need info first. What's going on in England?

For those criticizing the UK, I am more inclined to believe that Thailand is going to be the problematic player in this. I think they might be more than happy to forget about this guy. It's not like he killed a Thai after all. If they decide to not aggressively pursue this, then I don't know what the UK can do other than punish him for the charges he is wanted on there in the UK. Unless the US Govt pressures Thailand to do the responsible thing, then the whole incident will likely die on the vine.

For those criticizing the UK, I am more inclined to believe that Thailand is going to be the problematic player in this. I think they might be more than happy to forget about this guy. It's not like he killed a Thai after all. If they decide to not aggressively pursue this, then I don't know what the UK can do other than punish him for the charges he is wanted on there in the UK. Unless the US Govt pressures Thailand to do the responsible thing, then the whole incident will likely die on the vine.

I think this sums it up well. I can't see Thailand trying too hard to have him back. What would be the incentive? They can't execute him, therefore they would have to shoulder the cost of keeping this scumbag alive in prison for many years.

My heart goes out to the victim's family. I really don't think they'll take this lying down.

The way I see it, the guy payed the coppers of, remember the 5 million baht in his account? Wonder if that is still there today?

Wouldn't mind taking a bet on it, that it's gone by now.

Come on guys, we all know where we are and how things work around here.

This case is stuck in no-man's land.

You can't blame the UK justice system. The whole case is in the hands of the Thai authorities. If they don't push this, and I doubt they will, then the UK can do absolutely nothing about it.

Edited by tropo

There was an updade in one of the Phuket's papers last week. The article quoted that the prosecutor was waiting for the DNA results from the knives before submitting an extradition. He said he has only one chance when filling so he need to make sure he submits all possible evidence when doing so. DNA results do take time to processes.

This is too high profile of a case for corrupt coppers to get away with because of the victim being a US marine.

First the us embassy has watching this case closely.

The Phuket navy league will also be watching this. (They coordinate between the navy ships and phuket when in port, The us navy purchases several containers worth of supplies when in port not to mention the boost the GI's bring when in Town).

There are many retired US service men in phuket, who are watching this, unlike in pattaya they have not yet formed a VFW post (Veteran of foreign wars), however from what i understand they are in the process of doing so.

As well there is a small contingent of about 20 US military personnel serving year around on a thai military post in bangkok (join US magistrate).

If this was just another us citizen who was the victim I would have to agree that not much would happen, but this is not one of those.

Edited by marinediscoking