BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Phuket Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse Arrested At UK Airport

My idea too, that's why I keep on saying he won't be seen on Thai soil. If embrace thinks that makes me a friend of Lee so be it. I am just being realistic!

I agree with most of the things you say Boater. I do not think that there is a hope in hel_l of a quick extradition. More's the pity if he is indeed guilty. The evidence seems to be flimsy at best and I doubt that it would hold up in a UK court.

I am right in thinking that there were 2 knives found at the scene? If so maybe they will find 2 sets of DNA for the trial and without an eye witness it will be hard to prove guilt. Maybe we will never know exactly what happened.

Cheers, Rick

While I tend to agree with the statement; "there won't be a quick extradition", there is also a part of me that thinks that perhaps there might be. Here's why I say that.

1) They have an "eye witness" in the girlfriend of the victim.

2) They have the video of Lee going into the 7/11 and threatening the staff there to give him the knives.

3) If DNA evidence, which can take a while, along with fingerprints on the knives are proved to be Lee's, that pretty much seals the deal.

4) Lee's former g/f has also agreed to testify for the prosecution as to how she helped him get out of Thailand.

This has also become a "high profile" case in the U.S., being the victim was a decorated U.S. Marine, and it's very unlikely the family is going to simply forget about it, and if action isn't taken, you can be sure they are going to be on/in every news media available to demand that something be done.

Because of the above reasons, I believe there's better than a 50/50 chance that he will be extradited. Maybe not soon, as the Thai prosecutors are claiming, but eventually.

And for those claiming he paid off the cops / Immigration to get out of Thailand, according to a couple of reports he went through one of the smaller border crossings into Cambodia that doesn't have the computers which would have alerted the authorities there, so it's entirely possible that no bribes were paid, but that he, or his g/f, knew where the easiest places to get out of Thailand were and took advantage of that situation.

Then again, I've been wrong about things before, so.....

:whistling:

And for those claiming he paid off the cops / Immigration to get out of Thailand, according to a couple of reports he went through one of the smaller border crossings into Cambodia that doesn't have the computers which would have alerted the authorities there, so it's entirely possible that no bribes were paid, but that he, or his g/f, knew where the easiest places to get out of Thailand were and took advantage of that situation.

Yes, I read that report as well. The authorities at the particular border crossing realized he had passed through 6 hours after the fact.

well he is being released today from Worm Word Scrubs, i am surpised Phuket Wan or Phuket Gazzette havent covered his release or what is happening with the extradition

Dream on. He's in the UK and that's where he is going to stay.

I see. One just runs to the UK and now they are safe from those terrible Thai and American laws which may seek the death penalty. While I'm not really in favor of the death penalty, it makes me think that Aldhouse is just a mommy's boy and had to run to the protection of the UK laws... How civilized! Is it a wonder why there are so many hooligans? post-4641-1156694005.gif

No American laws envolved he was killed in Thailand.The killing of this guy was way low profile this barely made the news in the US. When David carridine killed himself or was murdered the family wanted the FBI envolved never happened.

I see. One just runs to the UK and now they are safe from those terrible Thai and American laws which may seek the death penalty. While I'm not really in favor of the death penalty, it makes me think that Aldhouse is just a mommy's boy and had to run to the protection of the UK laws... How civilized! Is it a wonder why there are so many hooligans? post-4641-1156694005.gif

What would you expect of Aldhouse? Stick around to be executed because it's the honorable thing to do?

Well this has all gone a bit quite , I presume he is released now and no extradition papers served yet ....

Well the UK won't acknowledge his crime. If any American commits a crime against a Brit, you'll never hear the end of it. Lee will be probably taken care of when he leaves the UK on a bullying spree full of steroids and looking for new victims somewhere. The lesson to be learned here is that the British are able to commit murderous crimes out of Britain and that nothing will be said or done about it. :annoyed:

Well the UK won't acknowledge his crime. If any American commits a crime against a Brit, you'll never hear the end of it. Lee will be probably taken care of when he leaves the UK on a bullying spree full of steroids and looking for new victims somewhere. The lesson to be learned here is that the British are able to commit murderous crimes out of Britain and that nothing will be said or done about it. :annoyed:

Do you really think the family of the deceased is keeping quiet? How would you know what's going on behind the sceens?

He was being held because of a parole violation.. That was due to finish on Friday (anyone written anything about this on news sites).. We dont even know at this point if the deportation order has been lodged.

If the Thais havent filed the deportation order, its hardly the UKs fault, they cant lock up anyone based on some online rumors.

Any news ??

He was being held because of a parole violation.. That was due to finish on Friday (anyone written anything about this on news sites).. We dont even know at this point if the deportation order has been lodged.

If the Thais havent filed the deportation order, its hardly the UKs fault, they cant lock up anyone based on some online rumors.

Any news ??

Maybe some family members from the US will take care of business if an extradition doesn't happen. I don't really see any justice being done here. What incentive does Thailand have to pursue this?...and some apparently knowledgeable people claim that an extradition will be impossible.

We may have to watch a murderer walk away free.

Any news ??

Yes - new thread:

Lots of nay sayers here, 'he is never going to be extradited'.

But I'm glad to hear that the news is in that the order has been given to extradite him.