Phuket Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse Arrested At UK Airport

webfact

It seems pretty blunt to jump on an aircraft and return to a country where you know they will be looking for you. A flight to Romania then a train to France and a dodgy sea crossing would have worked I guess. Then again you have to be pretty blunt to kill someone in the manner he allegedly did.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

another interesting twist

An officer said today that a careful watch was being kept on a bank account belonging to Aldhouse. The account was topped up with five million baht before Aldhouse fled Thailand, but no withdrawals had been made.

who put this money in his account and why?

An officer said today that a careful watch was being kept on a bank account belonging to Aldhouse. The account was topped up with five million baht before Aldhouse fled Thailand, but no withdrawals had been made.

5 million bht if it wasnt such a high profile case he could have payed his way out with that......

wow , finally and in England !!! , wonder how he got out of Thailand and which country he flew from ... strange no one picked him up before ? ....

It's easy to bypass border controls in Thailand, you just need to know were and when. Because some of the areas are stil monitored by the thai army. But it is very easy to go to lao and cambodia without going through immigration. Once in Lao just get a taxi to friendship bridge in savannakhet and get stamped in, as this is relaxed, if someone stops just say i forgot to get stamped in.

Plus the extradition will get denied due to human rights, and thailand is a country that offers death sentence so the UK will not extradite him.

====================

if he killed someone and took his life away and run away.. what right sentenc do u think is fair for such crime?

they put him in 5 stars hotels? if it was not a purposely incident is ok,

if u killed somone, u should be killed: that's the right sentence to apply a fairy justice and warn new murders to becarful,

With him arriving at the UK yesterday, it tells you he made it through immigration w/o problems. Should never have happened. Would like to know what/who's passport got him through? Also access to quick finances? Aren't international suspects funds frozen immediately?

Also interested to know when the bells and whistles went off as to where he was? In transit? literally at UK airport? He should have made a run thru a side door rather than go thru UK immigration...

Will be interesting to see if he gets sent back to Thailand. I wonder what influence the USA has in this case?

CB

They should send him to Iraq or Afghanistan and send him out on patrol..........

by himself !!

Like that one traxster. Think I can top it: send him to Afghanistan with the American's ex colleagues (he was in the army right), now that would be justice!!

Someone mentioned that he is wanted in the Uk for armed robbery and if thats correct that will take precendent and he will be tried for that first sentenced if found guilty and incarcerated in the UK the extradition would have to wait till he has served his sentence in the UK first.

Hi Boater,

Where are you getting all these quotes from?

Someone mentioned that he is wanted in the Uk for armed robbery and if thats correct that will take precendent and he will be tried for that first sentenced if found guilty and incarcerated in the UK the extradition would have to wait till he has served his sentence in the UK first.

and the 5 million THB will slowly be forgotten about as well as the extridition , seems like there was a plan in place here...

He can be tried in the UK for murder in another country.

That may very well be what happens

if he is tried in the uk the only way he will get sent down is if the americans girlfriend attends as a witness ,i cant really see thatr happaening all lee has to do is plead manslaughter /self defense and with a good lawyer could easily just get suspended sentence real trajedy if this happens.

as it stands the girlfriend is the only real witness here.

Lets hope the Muay Thai tosser gets sent back ASAP and then we can see just how hard this @anker is in the BKK Hilton.

So hard he had to kill the guy with a knife, YEAH REAL HARD. Allegedly of course ;)

As for him not getting extradited because of the death penalty ? They rarely give foreigners the death penalty and normally commute it to a life, meaning life, sentence. So it shouldn't be a problem NICE!!!!!!!!

So you'd fancy your chances would you if he didn't have a weapon?

He can be tried in the UK for murder in another country.

Again not a straightforward answer though there is some case law. For instance there was a case were somebody blackmailed somebody in Germany, the letter writer was in the UK and the victim in Germany, the appeal court ruled that though the offence was discovered in Germany with the perpetrator in the UK he could be tried in the UK.

A person who commits a sexual act against a child in Thailand can be tried in the UK.

I suspect a murder trial would be difficult.

As he faces the death Penalty will he be extradited???

not a chance

not even tried and facing the death penalty

wake up

theres due process first

..exactly..many degrees of assault, wounding, grevious bodily harm, attempted murder, manslaughter before you even get to the Big 'M'.

My understanding, as a British citizen, is that my country doesn't extradite her citizens in cases where the death penalty could be applied. This is because we believe it to be barbaric and it must be said that, at present, it looks like our decision is right with our murder rate per capita standing being 46, whilst Thailand is at 14 and the US is at 24. But I digress.

So in England the punishment is less severe for murder, and that's the reason there's less cases of murder?

Umm... There's many a slip between a cup and a lip. That theory is so full of holes...I'll just digress.

My understanding, as a British citizen, is that my country doesn't extradite her citizens in cases where the death penalty could be applied. This is because we believe it to be barbaric and it must be said that, at present, it looks like our decision is right with our murder rate per capita standing being 46, whilst Thailand is at 14 and the US is at 24. But I digress.

So in England the punishment is less severe for murder, and that's the reason there's less cases of murder?

Umm... There's many a slip between a cup and a lip. That theory is so full of holes...I'll just digress.

Umm...England 46 Thailand 14 how does that make england have less? I"ll just digress myself...Do you not understand sarcasm by the way?

Edited by jamesie
  • Like 1

Dress him up in old glory and drop him from a chopper in Tora Bora, armed just with a hunting knife.

he may be able to avoid extradition to Thailand by using the UK legal system

much harder to avoid extradition to US as a treaty by passes the courts.

many people have been extradited to US never having been there, for acts that are not against the law in UK.

for this particular gentleman however it would be a fine outcome for the US to get there hands on him, and they have the death penalty too ?

Group:

Advanced Members Posts:

He probably went straight to Phuket airport for the first flight to Bangkok, then, first flight to Europe.

::

then his plane got in a time warp or was zapped up by an alien spaceship

talking of borders,any fool can bicycle in or out of France ten times in a day without a check.

They should send him to Iraq or Afghanistan and send him out on patrol..........

by himself !!

Like that one traxster. Think I can top it: send him to Afghanistan with the American's ex colleagues (he was in the army right), now that would be justice!!

Correction, Marine, not Army, and having spent 20 years in the Marines, they wouldn't even bother taking him out on a patrol. It would be like: "So, you get your Muay Thai butt kicked by one of ours, and then you get a knife, follow him home and kill him? Welcome to your worst nightmare!"

:whistling:

So he'll be ready for extradition in about a month then!:D:D

Thought that the Thai police were 5 minutes behind him ? Did they took the same flight ?

The Thai police may be the most pathetic organization there is inside the country and possibly neighboring countries - well excluding Myanmar.

Disgusting bunch of bloody incompetent bribemongers (BIB)

Correction, Marine, not Army, and having spent 20 years in the Marines, they wouldn't even bother taking him out on a patrol. It would be like: "So, you get your Muay Thai butt kicked by one of ours, and then you get a knife, follow him home and kill him? Welcome to your worst nightmare!"

:whistling:

Yawn yawn :rolleyes:

Thailands reputation globally embaressed again, i predict within 4 years this country will be f..d up

I may be naive but the how the hel_l do you get on a plane without a passport no matter what country you are from....?

Can anyone answer this...?

He probably went straight to Phuket airport for the first flight to Bangkok, then, first flight to Europe. This would have been well before immigration were notified by the police.

I doubt all this talk of going first to surrounding Asian countries is at all relevent.

Dont think you are correct here, this happened on aug 14th, he just got caught entering the UK it takes less than 24hrs to get to the UK from Thailand, not 2 weeks.

Thailands reputation globally embaressed again, i predict within 4 years this country will be f..d up

I may be naive but the how the hel_l do you get on a plane without a passport no matter what country you are from....?

its pretty obvious he had a fake passport and people where helping him

its pretty obvious he had a fake passport and people where helping him

Have I missed something here, where does it say he got on the plane without a passport ?

Have I missed something here, where does it say he got on the plane without a passport ?

it doesnt state anywhere that he got on a plane with out a passport , as that would be very difficultt, what it did state was that the Phuket Police HAD his passport ... Thats why they thought he was still on the island , little did they know it aint hard to get a fake passport ! and obviuolsy he was stamped out on this passport at the Thai Checkpoint , hence knowing what check point / date he exited Thailand