Phuket Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse Arrested At UK Airport

webfact

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was a few hours from both Burma and Malaysia.

No doubt he scarpered off to Malaysia

and then quickly to another place like Singapore

or most anywhere that wouldn't have heard of him.

Many tiny border crossings and word might not have gotten to them

BEFORE he crossed, so no flags went up because they didn't 'see him'

before they knew about it.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how and where he meets justice.

If the UK says no on death penalty laws, then the Thai's can just agree to life in prison.

We know many here oinly get 5 years for murder, so this is an easy enough call for them.

I,ve skipped reading the pages on this article ..1st let me say if the guy is guilty i would like to see him serve a life sentance in a UK or USA Prison ..Regarding the New Extradition laws ..Some countries can now extradite anyone from any country without the burden of proof ..The USA can do it to the UK but for the UK to extradite a USA Citizen Proof would be needed and quite rightly so ...Thanks to this new globalist agenda soveriegn borders apply less and less ..If anyone is interested more on this can i suggest going on Y-OUTUBE and looking up the Gary Makinnon case ..Its on Project camelot on Y_outube and also coast to coast am with george knapp Also availible on Y_outube...If this was Fraud or Greed related i would say toss him back ..But Capitol punishment i am not in favour of ..Peace everyone

if he killed someone and took his life away and run away.. what right sentenc do u think is fair for such crime?

they put him in 5 stars hotels? if it was not a purposely incident is ok,

if u killed somone, u should be killed: that's the right sentence to apply a fairy justice and warn new murders to becarful,

Yeah, the death sentence as a deterrent has been proven to work so well. You think people capable of killing others are going to think twice because they are in a country that still imposes the death penalty?

I doubt very much that he will be extradited back to Thailand now as the penalty is death and the UK will never extradite someone back to face the death penalty even if they rarely give foreigners the death penalty they wont extradite to a country that has the death penalty.

They might do it if they guarantee he will not face the death penalty but I thinks its very unlikely.

The smartest thing he could of done was get out and get home and plead innocent cause this is not going to be easy for Thailand now to get him back he will get a lawyer (for free of course) that will fight to not have him extradited, the cctv video could be argued its not him as his face is not clear but for sure now the law will be fighting on his behalf as he is presumed innocent until proven guilty in the UK

Shame the wanke_r should get whats coming to him but now it will be a lot longer coming.

the cctv video could be argued its not him as his face is not clear but for sure now the law will be fighting on his behalf as he is presumed innocent until proven guilty in the UK

That should not be a problem. When extradited, he will ID'd by the employees at the store.

He was a few hours from both Burma and Malaysia.

No doubt he scarpered off to Malaysia

and then quickly to another place like Singapore

or most anywhere that wouldn't have heard of him.

Many tiny border crossings and word might not have gotten to them

BEFORE he crossed, so no flags went up because they didn't 'see him'

before they knew about it.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how and where he meets justice.

If the UK says no on death penalty laws, then the Thai's can just agree to life in prison.

We know many here oinly get 5 years for murder, so this is an easy enough call for them.

And how do you propose that he would have gotten from Malaysia to Singapore? Singapore has very tight controls, unless you think he swam across from Malaysia?

I doubt Thailand would execute him even if he was caught, tried and convicted in Thailand. They would probably save that sentence for a drug dealer and....after all...the victim was just a "falang". More likely they would have sentenced him to life and, in 3-4 years after the story is long forgotten, quietly commute his sentence and deport him back to the UK. Unfortuneately for the UK, the ball is now in their court along with the media exposure it will get. I am sure they would have poreferred this guy had been arrested in Thailand.

As the victim was a decorated war veteran, Fox News will run the story daily right behind the Lockerbie bomber story and it will get the politicians attention causing it to become a real thorn in the ass issue for the decision makers involved..

We discussed the Swede a few days ago - sentenced for a 1st.degree murder on a Thai bar girl back in 2005- he was released after 5 years.

I hope he will rot in a Thai prison.

The UK is the only Western country known to abide by the terms of its prisoner repatriation treaty with Thailand. Prisoners repatriated to the UK still serve at His Majesty's pleasure, even though they are accommodated by Her Majesty. That means that they continue to serve their Thai sentence until the Thai authorities say they can be released. Other Western countries ignore their treaties once they have got their nationals back and allow their own judicial systems to decide when the prisoners should be released without any apparent backlash from Thailand. They usually reassess the sentence based on what their own courts would have dished out for the crime. Since Thai sentences are usually much harsher than in Western countries, prisoners are usually released within a few months of repatriation, except in the UK where they can face many more years behind bars, regardless of what the sentence would have been in a British court. The Home Office claims that judges have so much discretion that it is impossible to estimate an equivalent British sentence, whereas countries like the US tend to have fixed tariff bands with much less discretion for judges, which incidentally results in a very high percentage of the US population being incarcerated. In the case of Aldhouse, if he gets extradited and convicted in Thailand, his time served will depend totally on the length of the Thai sentence and whether he is later granted amnesty by Thailand. I think the Swedish prisoner was repatriated to serve the rest of his sentence in Sweden but might be release immediately under their laws.

my guess is he left the country on foot, hijacked a tuk-tuk on the way and raced it all the way to Belgium.

There he would easily sneek through customs considering how well that country's working ... by the way, I'm belgian, so it's not that I'm "attacking" someone elses country. :jap:

he might be sent to the USA.

LOL nope they already have their hands full, trying to get the "Merchant Of Death" back to the US, and why the heal would they want this UK scum bag anyway.

i cant find the report now, i think it may have been in PW, but didnt the head of police mention he didnt want to deal with him and he would be better of being dealt with by the british ? .........

The Thais will agree not to give the death penalty in order to get the extradition. If he doesn't get extradited to Thailand he could get extradited to the USA or be tried in teh UK. In you are a UK citizen you can even be tried for something that is a crime in the UK but is legal in the country you committed that so-called crime. So if the legal age of consent is 15 in a particular country and you have sex with a 15 year-old in that country, which is perfectly legal there, you could be tried and convicted back in the UK, because it is illegal in the UK. So it stands to reason that if you commit a murder in another country you can be tried in the UK. I can't see him getting away with this murder as some have suggested.

I also think that if he flew from a 3rd country, such as Cambodia, then the UK authorities would have requested that he was allowed to travel so that he could be arrested in the UK.

I don't see why anyone should be knocking the Thai police. You are confusing what's written in the press with what evidence the Thai police actually have. They don't make everything public for obvious reasons. It's no different to the UK. Thailand is a much poorer country than the UK so it should be obvious that they don't have the same amount of resources to devote to cases, but that doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. Some of you expect them to do as good a job with a fraction of the resources. That just isn't goint to happen. It's the same in all countries. You have to work to your budget.

The usual round of Thai police bashers have fronted up. Welcome!

The fact that he was nabbed at a UK port of entry means that the Thai, British and whatever third (or fourth) country's police successfully worked TOGETHER to ensure he was taken into custody in a country where he's unlikely to escape, pay-off a border guard or otherwise escape justice. This means that the UKBA's fledgling e-Borders system works and works well. It's not just for serial speeding ticket dodgers any more. Watch for the UK government wonks making much of this high-profile success.

For those waiting earnestly for Thai prosecutors to <deleted> up the extradition, keep in mind that it was a US citizen he killed so there's probably already an agreement in place that the death sentence will be taken off the table for the purposes of pissing off the civil libertarians and getting this suspect back to Phuket. After he gets inside the Bangkok Hilton, they can agree to restate the charges and punishment. However, before that happy moment, I would bet that he will be, through his counsel, claiming how he is an unwilling victim of steroid abuse, have come from a broken home, unlikely to get a fair trial, has a dieing mother and the usual stream of excuses.

Mate can you blame anyone for bashing the Thai police? Chalong Police (quote) "Hope to have the suspect in Thai custody within a week"....... How moronic can this police force be that they hope to have him back within a week? Its laughable - a real joke that they would even 'hope' for that LET ALONE announce it as a press release!

A week? Jesus.... They truly do have no idea. 2-5 years at best but probably never.

My guess is this: 5 years on remand in UK whilst legal procedures commence. No extradition. 15 year sentence in UK. Total of 7-10 years 'behind the door'. He will be out and free when he is in his mid 30's. Just my take on it I may be completley wrong obviously.

Personaly I would be pretty chuffed to see the guy extradited to a US prison. I would take a UK or Thai prison over a nasty US prison any time.

Dress him up in old glory and drop him from a chopper in Tora Bora, armed just with a hunting knife.

er <deleted> what is old glory meant to be, he's brit, and tora bora what planet are you from, there is a justice system in the uk. I imagine if this bloke has been splashed on interpol that his name got flagged on the computer when he went through immigration

he might be sent to the USA.

no way he be like the other idiot who threaten to burn down bangkok he is back in england and now another one let alone the 5000 other out on bail for murder rape fraud and theft and thats just in london so another one wont make any diffrence just think you wont have to pay to keep him there thats why they let him out he said to have killed a foriener not a thai person so why would they care about him

"the extradition will get denied due to human rights, and thailand is a country that offers death sentence so the UK will not extradite him."

so what happens to him then ? does he just walk away from it all ?

One should hope that someone in the UK has brains enough to see that alleged scum like this has no dam_n business walking free and ship him back.

This is a nasty one. This bucket of slime attacked a man without cause, lost in the exchange, then followed and murdered him in front of his girlfriend. You can't get much more depraved than that. I don't expect this man's life will be worth much from here on out, either.

Given the onesided extradition the UK has with the US. He'll be in the States in no time. They just send someone to pick him up.

If this guy has an arrest warrant in the UK that takes precedence over anything else overseas including the US. Imagine the diplomatic row if he was discovered in Cambodia for instance and both the US and Uk were involved in an extradition situation well you can be sure he would be pushing for a return to Blighty.

To me his return had to be arranged by the UK authorities as no way this guy could have made it to the UK on a false passport without being spotted beforehand.

EDIT: Just to say I doubt the Thais will want to see him face trial as its just more bad publicity for them.

@ cusanus , this is why we need lee's side of events ... I saw a similar thing happen 10 years ago , I am not backing up lee , but what if us guy made some threat to him or said come back to my apartment and I will knife u ect ect , as remember there was another kitchen knife found , what if lee took the knives out of madness only to be confronted with the marine also holding a knife ? , remember the marine gf will only back him up ... Why do I say this ? Because I have seen it before ! We are only judging events from 1 side