Phuket Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse Arrested At UK Airport

webfact

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He probably went straight to Phuket airport for the first flight to Bangkok, then, first flight to Europe.

I think you are probably right. The murder took place two weeks ago, and it took that long for the "first flight to Europe" that long to cross the ocean.

he could of reported his passport lost/stolen prior to all this as a way to have two.

Yes, a possibility..OR he could have "arranged" a Laissez-Passer/Emergency passport (because he could have lied that he "lost" his passport), enabling him to travel to the UK.

LaoPo

Hopefully those who posted in the other connected threads unsubstantiated 'facts' about him and Thai Visa's owners for publishing them might now consider what affect these posts may have if he wishes to resist extradition on the basis that a fair trial is unlikely.

Edited by thaiwanderer

Nomne of the uk press are reporting this yet ..

Will the thai police be sending detectives to the uk to question lee ? As they still haven't got his version of events yet ...

LOL come on mate you think Lee would speak to them I would tell em where to go and dont let the door hit em on the way out

Might be a good excuse for them for a holiday though.

Lee aint gonna say Shit

Good ! Wonderful News ! I am coming for another tour of Thailand next month. Believe me, I would have a copy of this coward's photo in my pocket. I hope he faces the full blunt force of justice and the sentence.

A manly man's justice was to solve problems with your fist. After he got his azzz whooped and could not accept the loss, to track down and use a knife to murder someone is so cowardly. As a two time combat veteran myself, I am so sadden by this Marine's death. To fight and survive two wars but only then to lose your life in paradise in such a cowardly way breaks my heart.

@ crusty , totally agree . Maybe there is another side to this story ( as mentioned above ) that the uk assisted him to come home so he is ensured a fair trial ( wouldn't be the first time )

lol would'nt be the first time. whatever makes you think uk government are interested in pond scum.

I imagine you are the first to be shouting conspiracy theory eh, flotsam and jetsum, the country is full of it

I doubt the uk will extradite to us as previous posters state about extradition to backward countries not worried about accidently 'executing ' innocent people

yes probably the wisest thing this kid has ever done is escaping the country

If this guy has an arrest warrant in the UK that takes precedence over anything else overseas including the US. Imagine the diplomatic row if he was discovered in Cambodia for instance and both the US and Uk were involved in an extradition situation well you can be sure he would be pushing for a return to Blighty.

To me his return had to be arranged by the UK authorities as no way this guy could have made it to the UK on a false passport without being spotted beforehand.

EDIT: Just to say I doubt the Thais will want to see him face trial as its just more bad publicity for them.

lol I fink it is those electromagnetic weapons, the brit government fired them at the airport staff and this made them let the bloke on the airport

So if they refuse to extradite him, is he going to be tried in the UK or is he off the hook? Think about the poor family of the victim who has to travel back and forth to Thailand and UK while they live in America just to seek justice.

As he faces the death Penalty will he be extradited???

not a chance

Brit authorities could get a promise from Thai PM that he will not get death penalty if found guilty - happens often in extradition proceedings. I too wonder, if he's put in a Thai slammer, whether he'll get out for some sort of pardon or prisoner exchange. Happens too often.

No way should the cowardly scum get let off the hook due to technicalities. I say 'cowardly' because he didn't have the cojones to face up to the American as a muay Thai fighter would (without weapons), but instead went and got one or more knives. If he's found guilty, I wish him the worst in the big house.

he might be sent to the USA.

If they sent him to the USA he would get probation of complete off. The USA is way lax on this type of thing unless its a serial murder or murder for cash.

"the extradition will get denied due to human rights, and thailand is a country that offers death sentence so the UK will not extradite him."

so what happens to him then ? does he just walk away from it all ?

This is quite possible. The Thai justice system has proved to be completely corrupt in the past.

Firstly the British government will need a binding agreement that there will be no death sentence handed down or it will simply be rejected, however the Thai's will hound him for the rest of his life over this and if he ever goes to a country which extradites to countries with the death penalty he will be arrested there and extradited so his travelling days outside the EU are over.

We know the Thai justice system likes to go after foeigners with vigour for even the most minor of crimes and they do seem to like locking foreigners in prisons for crimes that Thai's themselves would normally get bail for.

As for a non european international extradtition within one week, that actually made me laugh, it could be years before this is sorted out and he has various rights of appeal. For a charge such as violent psychopathic murder he would most likely be remanded in custody in a British prison whilst this extradition and appeals process continues as he is a danger to society.

Politics also plays a part in this, what's the history of extradition of Thai suspects into England into the past ? How many British nationals have been extradited to Thailand for serious offences in the past ? I wonder.

If he gets away with it then I wouldn't be surprised if he's not took off the streets due to some kind of mental health reason or at least kicking the shit out of somone in England. There will be plenty of people more than willing to send him to his maker if he opens his mouth and starts punching people in the bars of England.

So if they refuse to extradite him, is he going to be tried in the UK or is he off the hook? Think about the poor family of the victim who has to travel back and forth to Thailand and UK while they live in America just to seek justice.

There are many people walking around England today who've served prison sentences for murder in the past and a lot of people who who've murdered abroad and at home and can't be touched or extradited due to lack of evidence.

if he ever goes to a country which extradites to countries with the death penalty he will be arrested there and extradited so his travelling days outside the EU are over.

Incorrect.

At present, Thailand has extradition treaties with 14 countries - the US, UK, Canada, China, Belgium, Philippines, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, South Korea, Bangladesh, Fiji, and Australia.

He could settle down on the beaches of Brazil, go touring New Zealand, climb Mt. Fuji in Japan etc etc. Could even relax in Burma. Now if any of those 14 countries with an extradition treaty with Thailand also refuse to extradite for crimes that may result in the death penalty, then he can go relax in them too.

Edited by thomo

Either way, The United States government will crank up the heat to either Thailand or the UK so justice will prevail. At least we are not dealing with another country that America has no pull over. It will be done. I rather see him get drop off to where this Marine's ex unit might be fighting now, either Iraq or Afghanistan. He can have all the knives he wants.

Either way, The United States government will crank up the heat to either Thailand or the UK so justice will prevail. At least we are not dealing with another country that America has no pull over. It will be done. I rather see him get drop off to where this Marine's ex unit might be fighting now, either Iraq or Afghanistan. He can have all the knives he wants.

Dream on. He's in the UK and that's where he is going to stay.

go to www.google.co.uk , go to news, type lee aldhouse ( for all the news in the last 24 hr ) and the news source is there, we are not allowed to mention the owther news source here

tx

Simply retarded. There is a lot I love about this site, but a rule like that needs to be reviewed if this site wants to stay alive in the 2010's.

Anyway, I feel like we're overlooking a huge point. This guy is in custody....Hooray!!

What happens next is anyone's guess. Previously my biggest worry is that we wouldn't hear about this for months...years even. I send a big thanks to the press and all the agencies that played a role in this.

Not unless Thailand makes a deal with the UK Courts not to seek the death penalty. The crime was committed in Thailand, not the UK.

There is precedent for this the UK will extradite as long as there is assurance that there will be no death penalty, maybe thats why he went there

If this guy has an arrest warrant in the UK that takes precedence over anything else overseas including the US. Imagine the diplomatic row if he was discovered in Cambodia for instance and both the US and Uk were involved in an extradition situation well you can be sure he would be pushing for a return to Blighty.

To me his return had to be arranged by the UK authorities as no way this guy could have made it to the UK on a false passport without being spotted beforehand.

EDIT: Just to say I doubt the Thais will want to see him face trial as its just more bad publicity for them.

lol I fink it is those electromagnetic weapons, the brit government fired them at the airport staff and this made them let the bloke on the airport

A poor shot at sarcasm from an expert no doubt.....in wonderfully scripted English.....hats off for your witty ripost. :bah:

I hope those who have posted their 'opinions' irresponsibly in such a way as to state outright that he did certain things are satisfied now that they have contributed to the potential failing of extradition proceedings and successful prosecution. *

(* this should in now way be misinterpreted as a discussion of TV's sterling moderation).

He was a few hours from both Burma and Malaysia.

No doubt he scarpered off to Malaysia

and then quickly to another place like Singapore

or most anywhere that wouldn't have heard of him.

Many tiny border crossings and word might not have gotten to them

BEFORE he crossed, so no flags went up because they didn't 'see him'

before they knew about it.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how and where he meets justice.

If the UK says no on death penalty laws, then the Thai's can just agree to life in prison.

We know many here oinly get 5 years for murder, so this is an easy enough call for them.

And how do you propose that he would have gotten from Malaysia to Singapore? Singapore has very tight controls, unless you think he swam across from Malaysia?

All depends on how fast he is moving doesn't it.

If he was on the road that night, he could have been crossing across to Singapore that morning.

Or on a flight from KL to most anywhere like India. Even as they were looking for him,

they would still be dotting their i's and crossing T's most of the morning getting the word out.

Let alone to all neighboring countries neighbors.

And really the proof is in the pudding, he IS in UK, so obviously he DID get into a neighbor,

and moved on before the Thai's got the word about. 2 weeks later of course UK knew of it,

but the 1st 24-48 hours, he had plenty of lead time, once his adrenaline cranked down,

and he realized how screwed he now was. Might well have been a good move to end up in UK,

with it's anti-Death Penalty stance, and him on home soil. He's still dog meat one way or another.

if he ever goes to a country which extradites to countries with the death penalty he will be arrested there and extradited so his travelling days outside the EU are over.

Incorrect.

At present, Thailand has extradition treaties with 14 countries - the US, UK, Canada, China, Belgium, Philippines, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, South Korea, Bangladesh, Fiji, and Australia.

I don't see how this is incorrect. A country doesn't need a treaty to allow someone to be extradited as we've seen recently with the 'Michael Bryan Smith' case who was extradited from Thailand to the UAE. It happens all the time, a treaty just formalises it but a lot of informal agreements go on between governments and people are extradited both ways between counties with no formal agreements all the time.

The only thing stopping a country from extraditing him to Thailand would be a specific bar on extraditing people who've commited a 'capital offence' such as the one in place in the EU or if you're Russian, they don't like to send their people off to foreign countries no matter what they've done. I don't blame them either as foreigners are often very harshly treated by justice systems in counries other than their own just because they are foreigners.

I do remember reading something a long time back which said that the FBI investigates the murder os US nationals in foreign countries, this could be out of date though as it was 10-15 years ago that I read that.

He probably went straight to Phuket airport for the first flight to Bangkok, then, first flight to Europe. This would have been well before immigration were notified by the police.

I doubt all this talk of going first to surrounding Asian countries is at all relevent.

Sorry but your post seems to be strange. Who would take a plane from Phuket to Europe in this case?

Guess you'd try to leave Thailand this way to see the big tiger. Grow up and try to see the truth.

Edited by sirchai

I hope those who have posted their 'opinions' irresponsibly in such a way as to state outright that he did certain things are satisfied now that they have contributed to the potential failing of extradition proceedings and successful prosecution. *

(* this should in now way be misinterpreted as a discussion of TV's sterling moderation).

You must be kidding...

Dream on. He's in the UK and that's where he is going to stay.

I see. One just runs to the UK and now they are safe from those terrible Thai and American laws which may seek the death penalty. While I'm not really in favor of the death penalty, it makes me think that Aldhouse is just a mommy's boy and had to run to the protection of the UK laws... How civilized! Is it a wonder why there are so many hooligans? post-4641-1156694005.gif

• Like 1