Phuket Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse Arrested At UK Airport

webfact

go to www.google.co.uk , go to news, type lee aldhouse ( for all the news in the last 24 hr ) and the news source is there, we are not allowed to mention the owther news source here

tx

Simply retarded. There is a lot I love about this site, but a rule like that needs to be reviewed if this site wants to stay alive in the 2010's.

Anyway, I feel like we're overlooking a huge point. This guy is in custody....Hooray!!

What happens next is anyone's guess. Previously my biggest worry is that we wouldn't hear about this for months...years even. I send a big thanks to the press and all the agencies that played a role in this.

It's not Thai visa's choice.

Obviously the B.P. deal negotiators demanded too big a percentage, or no quoting.

Seems they wanted a big piece of a successful pie to let their content be quoted or linked,

and George and team obviously said: too much, no deal.

This ONLY happened after the 'The Nation' partnered with TV,

and so B. P. could see TV as a direct competitors product.

No doubt the too high asking price to quote and link was directly related to

a 'The Nation' partner doing the linking. i.e. profiting on B.P. content.

In this light it is not a retarded rule, but one forced on TFV by lawyers and B.P.

So blame B.P. if you must find a boggie man in this.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

go to www.google.co.uk , go to news, type lee aldhouse ( for all the news in the last 24 hr ) and the news source is there, we are not allowed to mention the owther news source here

tx

Simply retarded. There is a lot I love about this site, but a rule like that needs to be reviewed if this site wants to stay alive in the 2010's.

Anyway, I feel like we're overlooking a huge point. This guy is in custody....Hooray!!

What happens next is anyone's guess. Previously my biggest worry is that we wouldn't hear about this for months...years even. I send a big thanks to the press and all the agencies that played a role in this.

I hope some friends of the killed guy are in the same prison.

Justice delayed is justice denied

William Gladstone

British politician (1809 - 1898)

I believe the UK justice system is as good as any (they are all imperfect) and it will proceed to pursue the best interests of the UK and Thailand. An avid news reader, I don't believe the US tries to extradite everyone accused in another country of murdering a US citizen. My prediction is the extradition will take 2-5 years, the court case will take half a year, and he will be sentenced to 5-10 years (dependent on his confession for the lower term), and be sent home early to save the cost of jailing him once all is forgotten. Thailand has one of the slowest justice systems I have ever seen (the airport terrorists are just now being PRE-formally charged with terrorism. Forget about this guy; he has his kharma to live out.

• Like 1

Very fishy...maybe he bought his way out of the kingdom. Or he flied from a neighbor country. Almost sure he won't be extradited too, since he's risking the death penalty here in thai. It would be a shame if he got away with a so meaningless and horrendous murder so easily...

... er, what? So there is a kind of murder which is not so meaningless and horrendous and presumably wouldn't be 'a shame' to get away with ('so easily')!!!???!!!

:blink:

tx

While I agree with you sentiment, it's about copyright laws and permission to use copyrighted material. Some news sources have not given permission for Thaivisa.com to republish their material. Otherwise they are liable, not you...

animatic beat me to it...

Edited by Jimi007

Either way, The United States government will crank up the heat to either Thailand or the UK so justice will prevail. At least we are not dealing with another country that America has no pull over. It will be done. I rather see him get drop off to where this Marine's ex unit might be fighting now, either Iraq or Afghanistan. He can have all the knives he wants.

the butt kissing blair has left the building i believe. I would certainly hope us has no pull over the uk. colonies getting above themselves methinks

• Like 1

If we're getting the correct info - he stole knife from 7/11 and then went to the victim's house after he'd earlier picked a fight over nothing - the man is obviously a nutter and needs to be locked up to protect society.

Even so, I'll be interested to learn what actually happened to set off this homicidal attack. At the moment, as far as I can make out, we only have the victim's girlfriend's version of events.

Again, as far as I can make out, she worked at the Freedom Bar in Rawai.

It could be that the man was a homicidal maniac just waiting to explode, but its sounds a bit too simplistic - surely there must be more to this?

... er, what? So there is a kind of murder which is not so meaningless and horrendous and presumably wouldn't be 'a shame' to get away with ('so easily')!!!???!!!

Yeah, there are several forms of premeditated murder that are not meaningless and not shameful for those commiting the acts. The names are different though; Political assination by paid government agents (I, myself, would kill Kim Jong Ill if given the opportunity) is one and military combat is another. I make a distinction between these and a murder for personal reasons or profit. No offence intended.

Either way, The United States government will crank up the heat to either Thailand or the UK so justice will prevail. At least we are not dealing with another country that America has no pull over. It will be done. I rather see him get drop off to where this Marine's ex unit might be fighting now, either Iraq or Afghanistan. He can have all the knives he wants.

the butt kissing blair has left the building i believe. I would certainly hope us has no pull over the uk. colonies getting above themselves methinks

post-4641-1156693976.gif Did you actually think before you posted? I think not!

Not a chance he will be sent back!

European human rights act will see to that, doubt they would even send him to the US

The British government has been sending plentry of people to the US since Blunkett decided that an arrest warrant was evidence enough to extradite someone to the US. A situation which is causing a lot of problems in the UK at the moment, the Americans can extradite pretty much who they want but for the UK to extradite someone from the US is a much harder thing to do, all proof must be examined and deemed valid before the person can even be extradited for trial. It's one of the most onesided pieces of legislation ever introduced, it's a very strange situation, especially once it emerged that this was a back room deal and nbody had any say in it until after it was done. Very shady.

Not unless Thailand makes a deal with the UK Courts not to seek the death penalty. The crime was committed in Thailand, not the UK.

Please read Section 94 of the Extradition Act 2003, I have given details in my earlier post, number 60.

well for sure he had a passport cos you cannot board a plane without it

escape phuket is easy, hire a boat or take a boat trip to Langkawi and get a visa stamp

then fly anywhere.

I think you would need an exit stamp from Thailand before Langkawi Imm. would give you an entry stamp into Malaysia.

Group:

Advanced Members Posts:

He probably went straight to Phuket airport for the first flight to Bangkok, then, first flight to Europe.

::

then his plane got in a time warp or was zapped up by an alien spaceship

talking of borders,any fool can bicycle in or out of France ten times in a day without a check.

Sorry, off topic, just replying - I know i can cycle in and out of France whenever i want. But do i really want to?

not even tried and facing the death penalty

wake up

theres due process first

like other posters said, the 'process' is not extradite to countries when the death penalty is involved, ...........however, I theenk? Thailand can promise no death penalty if convicted, then the brits will send him, then British law is not being jumped...

liked the idea of America asking for him, as he killed an yank, alleged

Edit; looks like Post 60 covered this, Uk gets death penalty out of the mix, then returns him

I will be interested in reading details of his movements between the murder and arrest.

The link provided above said that his bank account had been topped off with $5M baht after the murder but not touched. That's a heck of a chunk of cash to materialize.

Sure there is. I Guess you can figure out many of them too. I also guess in every (or almost every) legal system, a murder committed for °trivial reasons° (such looks to me the case of this nutter) is punished more harshly.

It makes sense to me. Doesn't make it to you?

Mate can you blame anyone for bashing the Thai police? Chalong Police (quote) "Hope to have the suspect in Thai custody within a week"....... How moronic can this police force be that they hope to have him back within a week? Its laughable - a real joke that they would even 'hope' for that LET ALONE announce it as a press release!

A week? Jesus.... They truly do have no idea. 2-5 years at best but probably never.

My guess is this: 5 years on remand in UK whilst legal procedures commence. No extradition. 15 year sentence in UK. Total of 7-10 years 'behind the door'. He will be out and free when he is in his mid 30's. Just my take on it I may be completley wrong obviously.

Personaly I would be pretty chuffed to see the guy extradited to a US prison. I would take a UK or Thai prison over a nasty US prison any time.

back on the streets, prison hardened in his 30's, that's a scary thought...there should be a law he has to waer a bell when he gets out

The British government has been sending plentry of people to the US since Blunkett decided that an arrest warrant was evidence enough to extradite someone to the US. A situation which is causing a lot of problems in the UK at the moment, the Americans can extradite pretty much who they want but for the UK to extradite someone from the US is a much harder thing to do, all proof must be examined and deemed valid before the person can even be extradited for trial. It's one of the most onesided pieces of legislation ever introduced, it's a very strange situation, especially once it emerged that this was a back room deal and nbody had any say in it until after it was done. Very shady.

Blunkett is well and truley gone now - as is his master "Lap-Dog" Tony. The McKinnon case shows this quite clearly - discussions at the highest levels (recently between Obama and Cameron), so it certainly is not just a case of flash a warrant and here he comes.

When Aldhouse was on the run, a report said "It was well known that he was short of cash". Then 5 million baht gets dropped into his account........

Plus he was able to easily raise the cash to fly back to the UK as well as hide out for 11 days. I wouldn't doubt that this guy has a lot of friends in high and low places (in Thailand).

Making it to Cambodia was no biggie......and as the Thai police claimed that he was still in Phuket......the authorities in neighboring countries such as Cambodia probably weren't alerted until he had made his exit to Singapore.

It's easy to bypass border controls in Thailand, you just need to know were and when. Because some of the areas are stil monitored by the thai army. But it is very easy to go to lao and cambodia without going through immigration. Once in Lao just get a taxi to friendship bridge in savannakhet and get stamped in, as this is relaxed, if someone stops just say i forgot to get stamped in.

Plus the extradition will get denied due to human rights, and thailand is a country that offers death sentence so the UK will not extradite him.

LOL ....and since when and WHERE do you get a STAMP IN if you dont have a STAMP OUT ???

My guess is he just used another, maybe a stolen passport.....but thats all just guess work.

I hope for himself that England does not deliver him to the Thai Authorities because he will face death penalty here. AND the only ppl which knows whats really happend there in this special night are him and the victim! There are always two sides to a story. Hope someone will follow up and keep us posted.

BTW, I am just SHOCKED how bloodthirsty the Thaivisa community is sometimes, not all of you for sure, but way to many of you guys remind me of a lynch mob.

I am deeply concernd about your future and your mental healthiness, a lot of you sound like drunken stonetable politicians in front of a Thai Supermarket :angry:

stop typing bulls-it and GET A LIFE