Phuket Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse Arrested At UK Airport

webfact

Yes very! Now next time you post add some substance to your reply, and ill be happy to put you in your place.

I also doubt you. How about you put me in my place and explain how life in a UK prison is worse than life in a Thailand prison. I'm sure I'm not the only who doesn't believe you.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Given his history both in the UK and Thailand and the fact that he has apparently been wanted in the UK on a violation of probation warrant for a long time, I am sitting here wondering why no one in authority thought to run him through the various indices to see if he were wanted in the UK or elsewhere while he lived in very open view for four years or so in Phuket?

Given his history both in the UK and Thailand and the fact that he has apparently been wanted in the UK on a violation of probation warrant for a long time, I am sitting here wondering why no one in authority thought to run him through the various indices to see if he were wanted in the UK or elsewhere while he lived in very open view for four years or so in Phuket?

In Thailand the police do nothing in cases involving fights or disputes seriously (only a paper report is written). Being a victim of battery (attacked, punched or beaten) is only a 1,000 baht fine, slightly more serious than not wearing a helmet.

If one is a victom of stealing or property damage (road accidents) do they take seriously, provided of course that one provides hard evidence.

Living here is like living in the wild wild west.

Question.

Is it possible to have two passports? If I get stamped into Thailand, then claim my passport was lost. Get a new one at the consul and have that one stamped correctly.

Could I use the old "lost" passport to leave Thailand at one of there country border crossings?

If you legally declare a passport lost, and it isnt, your in deep trouble.. Especially when you then try to use that passport.

Getting 2 passports is (with my gov) as simple as having a reason for them.. Almost any offshore worker will have 2.. Just think of viable reasons.. Going to USA and Cuba ?? Going to Israel and the rest of the middle east ?? Even applying for a Libyan visa while in Thailand, you have to have a passport with you in Thailand legally and theres no Libyan embassy here so it must be posted to where there is one. All valid reasons.

Of course you have to take care to stamp in and out on the same passport each time.

I read somewhere Lee deposited 5,000,000 baht into his account before fleeing. Where does he get that kind of dosh? Kickboxing? There is more going on here I think.

Its said 'someone' not necessarily Lee..

Its mentioned he had an interest in a resort.. Its mentioned he committed armed robbery.. Lots of possible sources.

he should certainly pay for his crime, however i think doing the time in the uk would be just as bad if not worse in some cases than being in the Bangkwang.

Are you serious?

I guess he's not. The idea to end in a thai prison scares the sh_t out of the toughest guy. Unless he doesn't know what is talking about.

post-60810-085279200 1283053401_thumb.jp

Could anyone explain to me on what grounds he could be tried in the UK or the US?

I don't understand it.

He has been accused of a crime that was committed in Thailand. Surely he can only be tried in Thailand - either in person or in absentia.

I just don't get how the US could have any grounds to extradite him and try him there.

Sure, he is accused of killing a US citizen, but the crime occured outside the US.

Can anyone explain and give their source as to how this works?

(I am a Brit. When i was 16, i once shagged an American who was also 16 on holiday in the UK. Presumably, i could be arrested in the US now because she was under the age of consent there - though not in the UK.)

I think US have no grounds to extradite him. As for trying him in England, I guess that's very possible. I'm sure that european countries can try a citizen also if the felony was committed in another country. I remember of this

italian individual who got 14 years in Italy for having had sex with preteens in thailand. It was the first case of an Italian tried and convicted in its own country for felonies committed abroad and it got a lot of publicity.

It's a pretty recent thing though. I'm not positive about England, but I guess it works the same way.

@ grumpyoldman - your post is very wrong , eye for eye punishment I'd very middle aged , I do not support the death penalty at all ! , if anything it is an easy way out !

and in your world you see the guy back on a Thai beach in two years and you think that is o.k.?

No, stoning for boning is middle aged, the death penalty for certain heinous crimes is (in my opinion) is o.k.

he should certainly pay for his crime, however i think doing the time in the uk would be just as bad if not worse in some cases than being in the Bangkwang.

Are you serious?

I guess he's not. The idea to end in a thai prison scares the sh_t out of the toughest guy. Unless he doesn't know what is talking about.

post-60810-026101200 1283056163_thumb.jp

With regards to the US powers being involved, to my mind theyre only interested if it affects the state as opposed to individuals.

I for one will be hoping for vigilante justice for this piece of shyt should he avoid extradition for too long.

I think US have no grounds to extradite him. As for trying him in England, I guess that's very possible. I'm sure that european countries can try a citizen also if the felony was committed in another country. I remember of this

italian individual who got 14 years in Italy for having had sex with preteens in thailand. It was the first case of an Italian tried and convicted in its own country for felonies committed abroad and it got a lot of publicity.

It's a pretty recent thing though. I'm not positive about England, but I guess it works the same way.

I don't think you can equate the 2 cases. Many countries have introduced legislation to convict people caught travelling overseas for underage sex. Perhaps they should introduce legislation for people going overseas to commit murder;

Hey lets get out the 'ducking stool' boys and make him have it. The guy has not had a trial and people are wanting to see him hung. This is 2010 and he has a right to a fair trial. As I said before, no one knows what really happened and we might be in for a surprise. I am not defending this guy, but hel_l he has not even been to court yet and most are wanting him dead.

Rick

Actually you are defending this guy.

I am not defending this guy but he has not had a trial yet has he?

Rick

All such cases of murder in the heat of the moment are sad because the murderer not just ends one life but effectively ends his own because the law catches up eventually. Maybe this murder was not so much a heat-of-the-moment thing considering there was so much time between the initial run-in and the final act. All the same it was a revenge murder. Just sets me thinking, is it a fact that some people are so devoid of thinking and reason that they do not pause to consider they cannot get away with murder? Young guys in the prime of their lives, how could they be so utterly thoughtless ? Dashawn got so far as his twenties, breezing thro' life. And then all it took was for him to run into this Aldhouse at a toilet entrance and edge past him. An everyday incident that happens in every bar. Just this one had a bizarre ending. Sad. Very sad.

Rick

It's pretty obvious that we are just discussing his punishment in the case he is proven guilty. Do you think there's much doubt here?

Rick

It's pretty obvious that we are just discussing his punishment in the case he is proven guilty. Do you think there's much doubt here?

Not good to condemn a man without trial in my book, I am neither the judge or the jury, maybe he is guilty maybe he is not. We won't know the outcome until the courts have decided.

Rick

Not good to condemn a man without trial in my book, I am neither the judge or the jury, maybe he is guilty maybe he is not. We won't know the outcome until the courts have decided.

Rick

You certainly do have a lot of faith in Thailand's justice system. They'll get it right, won't they?

You certainly do have a lot of faith in Thailand's justice system. They'll get it right, won't they?

I have a great deal of faith in the UK judicial system and that is where he will be tried. I don't think that there is a hope in hel_l of him being extradited to Thailand or USA. Don't think we are allowed to comment on the Thai judicial system in a negative way on this board are we?

Rick

I have a great deal of faith in the UK judicial system and that is where he will be tried. I don't think that there is a hope in hel_l of him being extradited to Thailand or USA. Don't think we are allowed to comment on the Thai judicial system in a negative way on this board are we?

Rick

I think the only place this should be tried is in the US.

Lee will not be back in thailand .... A source said he has a very good lawyer at the uk tax payers expence ,, like I said in the above posts he has been very clever , expect lee on a beach in thailand within 2 years

You are all over the map. 'He will not be back' - but 'he will be back at a beach in 2 years'. Errr...

And he wasn't helped over the border, he supposedly went over one of the less 'connected' border stations that isn't hooked up yet to the national database.

I think the only place this should be tried is in the US.

The murder took place in Thailand, so Thailand would have jurisdiction in this case. The Thai police say they are preparing documents to extradite him. I guess we will have to just wait and see what actually happens. At least he was caught and is locked up now.

He is a Brit, he allegedly committed the murder of a US citizen in Thailand. Why should he be tried in the US?

Rick

Why shouldn't he be? The people who require justice in this case live in the US - his family. There could also be a civil case pending.

Here's an interesting little story for you. Several years ago some Brits (British Dragon) were arrested in Thailand (Pattaya) for sending (selling) steroids to the US. What they did was not illegal in Thailand. The DEA had them extradited to the US for trial. British Citizens. This one went under the radar and no one said a thing.

He is a Brit, he allegedly committed the murder of a US citizen in Thailand. Why should he be tried in the US?

Rick

He fled Thailand to escape arrest and prosecution. Why should he be tried in the UK?

Thailand can easily agree not to impose the death penalty in this case. At which point, he should be sent back to Thailand for trial.

My hope is that he thinks of the prospect of this happening every second of every minute of every hour until and after he is back on Thai soil.

He fled Thailand to escape arrest and prosecution. Why should he be tried in the UK?

Thailand can easily agree not to impose the death penalty in this case. At which point, he should be sent back to Thailand for trial.

My hope is that he thinks of the prospect of this happening every second of every minute of every hour until and after he is back on Thai soil.

He should of course be tried in Thailand and if guilty should be given a stiff penalty, but I really do doubt that the UK will extradite him to Thailand. Just my opinion to which we are all entitled. Lets see what happens.

Interesting story Tropo, thanks for sharing.

Rick

Yes the slimeball should be tried in Thailand. Forthwith.

I agree, but I doubt that the UK will extradite him to a Country that still has the death penalty.

Rick

thailand will need to agree that he serve his sentence in the UK and not give the death penalty.