Atm Did Not Debit My Account

garyk

I have a problem. I went to and ATM yesterday and took 10000 baht out. And it never debited my account???

I was wondering if i should go in and ask them if there was a problem or what.

Usually when i use the ATM it is debited immediately.

Have you guy had a similar thing happen?

G

• Like 1

Ehh...perhaps I can be at assistance...I might have something to do with this...:} :whistling:

Of course, the ATM could have had a complete breakdown, BUT since the ATM is required to receive authorisation from the issuing bank you can rest assure the transaction is sitting somehwere waiting for it to be picked up and processed. Give it a day or two and the transaction will be debited to your account.

AND, even if the ATM suffered a mental collapse it records all transactions in three places, two of them off site.

thai bank..?

Edited by Forethat

It is in Chiang mai. Another thai lady there before me commeted on how cheap it was and had never seen such a low rate for her transaction. I did not think anything about it. I will wait until next week before i go in.

I just looked at my reciept. It did not print my last four digits of my card number. Usually it prints this info for me on the recept.

Who knows....

Edited by garyk

It is in Chiang mai. Another thai lady there before me commeted on how cheap it was and had never seen such a low rate for her transaction. I did not think anything about it. I will wait until next week before i go in.

I just looked at my reciept. It did not print my last four digits of my card number. Usually it prints this info for me on the recept.

Who knows....

too far for me to travel but if i were you i would go back there fast and draw as much as you can before its fixed........

I take it you used a foreign card? In my experience when a local card is used the last 7 digits of the account number is printed.

I have not used foreign cards in many years but do recall that if contact could not be made to home bank and using Visa there seemed to be an ability to approve up to 10k without home bank authorization so expect it will show up soon.

Edit: I found this after normal withdrawal of about 16k was not approved and then tried 10k fastcash and got that amount.

Edited by lopburi3

Who knows....

Never happened to me....with a Thai ATM card (or any ATM card anywhere, for that matter--just my luck!). But I don't understand what you mean about the Thai lady commenting on "how cheap it was." How cheap what was? An ATM transaction from your bank using that bank's card is 0 fees. But anyways, I wouldn't worry about it because the bank will figure it out. They always do.

I noticed that recently the withdraw doesnt post instantly like a few months ago. never fear, they take your cash and wont let you take more if it's over your daily limit. As for lopburi, 16,000 is the amount US people used to be able to take but with the plummeting buck, we are now down to 15,000. On my account 16,000 withdraws in dec 2009 were $480; now 15,000 are $480. thats 1000 baht lost to the weakening buck. I noticed this weekend ( a few hours ago) street changers are down under $31