Greetings Trend Setters

Last Thursday, the wife was returning home after spending

a few days at her parents place.

Whilst in the city, she decided to stop off at a favorite food

place to pick up some supplies.

It was a place where they have the parking for bikes in

the middle of the street. As she was tired, the bag heavy

and the shop being only about 10 meters away, she thought it

would be ok to leave the bag on the bike for a few minutes.

Well, needless to say, some low life stole her bag.

Luckily, it wasn't her handbag, which had phones, ID,

and purse ETC.

Still, it had most of the "girly" stuff like

make-up, clothes, phone charger, shoes and so on.

All of this will need to be replaced. Not to mention my

beloved Billabong bag.

I guess it's easy to get complacent living here in CR.

Anyway, just a heads up to be careful out there.

Regards

Will

Sorry to hear of that bad luck. It would be nice if the BIB would set up some stings there and at the big market to kind of dampen the spirit of the thieves. I keep hearing these stories and the locals tell me it is getting worse in CR as time goes on. Catching a few of the bad guys and making examples would slow it some, I would think.

It's the opportunity that makes the thief!

Okay, I understand that it was a very heavy bag.

As you wrote: "it had most of the girly stuff like

make-up, clothes, phone charger, shoes and so on".

Neither I would like to carry that weight and

certainly not a distance of ten meters.

It must have been a very muscular thief!

Very sad, especially the make-up will probably cost you

a small fortune to replace. What kind of shoes are we

talking about? Real Italian ones?

About the phone charger I wouldn't worry too much, you can

buy a replacement for a couple of hundred Baht downstairs

in Big C.

Please try to find comfort in my suggestion that in

Amsterdam the bike might have been stolen as well!

Nice of you to share!

I hope it makes you feel better.

Limbo :yohan:

Last year we had a motorbike stolen fromm the main market in town. It was brand new, hence it was targeted. When my wife went to the BIB station to report it she was told that 4-5 had been stolen that day.

Their MO was to target the bikes to be stolen by a spotter and then phone up the rest of the gang who turn up en masse and physically lift the bike(s) into the back of a pickup and drive off with them. I presume they sort out the locks later in privacy.

The cops reckoned they were being stolen and sold over the border in Tachilek. Apparently the cops up there stop trucks on a regular basis crossing the bridge with stolen bikes on board.

We were invited to go up to the cop shop in Mae Sai to see if our bike was in the pound up there. We went once but no joy.

So yes there is crime in CR but it`s still nowhere near on the scale of back home in the UK so we can still feel safe in our beds.

But as Limbo says, We still should not provide the opportunist theif with an easy theft.

C35B.

Dear Will27,

I am sorry to hear about your wife's loss.

It is a shame,and it is true what limbo said about "Opportunity"

It is a sign of the times

Wiley Coyote

It's the opportunity that makes the thief!

Okay, I understand that it was a very heavy bag.

As you wrote: "it had most of the girly stuff like

make-up, clothes, phone charger, shoes and so on".

Neither I would like to carry that weight and

certainly not a distance of ten meters.

It must have been a very muscular thief!

Very sad, especially the make-up will probably cost you

a small fortune to replace. What kind of shoes are we

talking about? Real Italian ones?

About the phone charger I wouldn't worry too much, you can

buy a replacement for a couple of hundred Baht downstairs

in Big C.

Please try to find comfort in my suggestion that in

Amsterdam the bike might have been stolen as well!

Nice of you to share!

I hope it makes you feel better.

Limbo :yohan:

Very true Limbo, most thieves are opportunist thieves but very unlike you to be so sarcastic! You said to keep my observations coming in another post so there's another one for you.

As well as this one, some other posts I've read from you since you came back from your 'honeymoon' are very different to the ones prior to it. OK, they are still often very interesting, informative and witty but they now come with an added ingredient that wasn't there before.

I just read that you have masses of common sense (as well as obviously being very well-educated) so I wonder why this has happened? There have been quite a few put-downs when people have mentioned they enjoy riding big bikes, something which is a personal choice and brings enjoyment to many people. I see it as being similar to people buying nice cars, a good friend of yours has a very nice Lamborghini doesn't he? Now if I was a betting man I'd stake a wager that you haven't made any similar comments to him or mocked him as to why he chooses to drive such a car, am I right? And for such a educated man with mountains of common sense the recent post to your 'friend' cmjantje was a bit out of character and perhaps a tad unnecessary, as was the comment about his dog.

Please forgive me if my most recent observation isn't to your liking but I'm a bit saddened by the attitude of the post-honeymoon :yohan:

I suppose it's the way you read it. I never found it particularly offensive, more of a "cheer up it could have been worse" type message.

I've noticed people are a bit prickly here.

I'm still smarting over my spanking for daring to admire the girlies in Swenssons. Do you have rehab for deviates here?

I suppose it's the way you read it. I never found it particularly offensive, more of a "cheer up it could have been worse" type message.

I'm still smarting over my spanking for daring to admire the girlies in Swenssons. Do you have rehab for deviates here?

How dangerous are you Mr Davies? On a scale of 1-10? If 1 is a child with a catapult and 10 is a p1ssed off Filipino policeman where do you fit in?

You didn't get spanked. I just said, in a wordy way, I don't go for the girls, I go for the ice cream. But I am not blind. I notice the same things you do, everywhere in this city.

Keep on postin' good man!

Detective Constable "Dangerous" Davies is the central character in a series of comic novels by Leslie Thomas.

Davies is a low-ranked CID officer in the London borough of Willesden. He is nicknamed "Dangerous" ironically because he is said to be harmless.

Wiki

So how blu is your stu?

Oh, so your harmless then, good news for the swensen girls ;)

I'm sky blue, the clue is in the name!

You will soon catch up with the character development on our forum. It is like stepping into a long running soap opera, and needs a little time to sort out who is who and what their role is.

That was not a spanking, I assure you, more of a love tap. Just trying to make you feel at home here. We are a harmless bunch of deviants but diverse and with some history, that is not always apparent to the newcomer. Welcome and hang in there, we need new blood. :)

Edited by villagefarang

I think there is rehab, but it involves going to Swensons for ice-cream. :D

Thanks to those posters who expressed their regrets.

Regards

Will