Greetings Trend Setters

Last Thursday, the wife was returning home after spending

a few days at her parents place.

Whilst in the city, she decided to stop off at a favorite food

place to pick up some supplies.

It was a place where they have the parking for bikes in

the middle of the street. As she was tired, the bag heavy

and the shop being only about 10 meters away, she thought it

would be ok to leave the bag on the bike for a few minutes.

Well, needless to say, some low life stole her bag.

Luckily, it wasn't her handbag, which had phones, ID,

and purse ETC.

Still, it had most of the "girly" stuff like

make-up, clothes, phone charger, shoes and so on.

All of this will need to be replaced. Not to mention my

beloved Billabong bag.

I guess it's easy to get complacent living here in CR.

Anyway, just a heads up to be careful out there.

Regards

Will

Sorry to hear of that bad luck. It would be nice if the BIB would set up some stings there and at the big market to kind of dampen the spirit of the thieves. I keep hearing these stories and the locals tell me it is getting worse in CR as time goes on. Catching a few of the bad guys and making examples would slow it some, I would think.

It's the opportunity that makes the thief!

Okay, I understand that it was a very heavy bag.

As you wrote: "it had most of the girly stuff like

make-up, clothes, phone charger, shoes and so on".

Neither I would like to carry that weight and

certainly not a distance of ten meters.

It must have been a very muscular thief!

Very sad, especially the make-up will probably cost you

a small fortune to replace. What kind of shoes are we

talking about? Real Italian ones?

About the phone charger I wouldn't worry too much, you can

buy a replacement for a couple of hundred Baht downstairs

in Big C.

Please try to find comfort in my suggestion that in

Amsterdam the bike might have been stolen as well!

Nice of you to share!

I hope it makes you feel better.

Limbo :yohan:

Last year we had a motorbike stolen fromm the main market in town. It was brand new, hence it was targeted. When my wife went to the BIB station to report it she was told that 4-5 had been stolen that day.

Their MO was to target the bikes to be stolen by a spotter and then phone up the rest of the gang who turn up en masse and physically lift the bike(s) into the back of a pickup and drive off with them. I presume they sort out the locks later in privacy.

The cops reckoned they were being stolen and sold over the border in Tachilek. Apparently the cops up there stop trucks on a regular basis crossing the bridge with stolen bikes on board.

We were invited to go up to the cop shop in Mae Sai to see if our bike was in the pound up there. We went once but no joy.

So yes there is crime in CR but it`s still nowhere near on the scale of back home in the UK so we can still feel safe in our beds.

But as Limbo says, We still should not provide the opportunist theif with an easy theft.

C35B.

It's the opportunity that makes the thief!

Okay, I understand that it was a very heavy bag.

As you wrote: "it had most of the girly stuff like

make-up, clothes, phone charger, shoes and so on".

Neither I would like to carry that weight and

certainly not a distance of ten meters.

It must have been a very muscular thief!

Very sad, especially the make-up will probably cost you

a small fortune to replace. What kind of shoes are we

talking about? Real Italian ones?

About the phone charger I wouldn't worry too much, you can

buy a replacement for a couple of hundred Baht downstairs

in Big C.

Please try to find comfort in my suggestion that in

Amsterdam the bike might have been stolen as well!

Nice of you to share!

I hope it makes you feel better.

Very true Limbo, most thieves are opportunist thieves but very unlike you to be so sarcastic! You said to keep my observations coming in another post so there's another one for you.

As well as this one, some other posts I've read from you since you came back from your 'honeymoon' are very different to the ones prior to it. OK, they are still often very interesting, informative and witty but they now come with an added ingredient that wasn't there before.

I just read that you have masses of common sense (as well as obviously being very well-educated) so I wonder why this has happened? There have been quite a few put-downs when people have mentioned they enjoy riding big bikes, something which is a personal choice and brings enjoyment to many people. I see it as being similar to people buying nice cars, a good friend of yours has a very nice Lamborghini doesn't he? Now if I was a betting man I'd stake a wager that you haven't made any similar comments to him or mocked him as to why he chooses to drive such a car, am I right? And for such a educated man with mountains of common sense the recent post to your 'friend' cmjantje was a bit out of character and perhaps a tad unnecessary, as was the comment about his dog.

Please forgive me if my most recent observation isn't to your liking but I'm a bit saddened by the attitude of the post-honeymoon :yohan:

I suppose it's the way you read it. I never found it particularly offensive, more of a "cheer up it could have been worse" type message.

I've noticed people are a bit prickly here.

I'm still smarting over my spanking for daring to admire the girlies in Swenssons. Do you have rehab for deviates here?

I suppose it's the way you read it. I never found it particularly offensive, more of a "cheer up it could have been worse" type message.

I'm still smarting over my spanking for daring to admire the girlies in Swenssons. Do you have rehab for deviates here?

How dangerous are you Mr Davies? On a scale of 1-10? If 1 is a child with a catapult and 10 is a p1ssed off Filipino policeman where do you fit in?

You didn't get spanked. I just said, in a wordy way, I don't go for the girls, I go for the ice cream. But I am not blind. I notice the same things you do, everywhere in this city.

Keep on postin' good man!

Detective Constable "Dangerous" Davies is the central character in a series of comic novels by Leslie Thomas.

Davies is a low-ranked CID officer in the London borough of Willesden. He is nicknamed "Dangerous" ironically because he is said to be harmless.

Wiki

So how blu is your stu?

Oh, so your harmless then, good news for the swensen girls ;)

I'm sky blue, the clue is in the name!

You will soon catch up with the character development on our forum. It is like stepping into a long running soap opera, and needs a little time to sort out who is who and what their role is.

That was not a spanking, I assure you, more of a love tap. Just trying to make you feel at home here. We are a harmless bunch of deviants but diverse and with some history, that is not always apparent to the newcomer. Welcome and hang in there, we need new blood. :)

Edited by villagefarang

I see it as being similar to people buying nice cars, a good friend of yours has a very nice Lamborghini doesn't he? Now if I was a betting man I'd stake a wager that you haven't made any similar comments to him or mocked him as to why he chooses to drive such a car, am I right? And for such a educated man with mountains of common sense the recent post to your 'friend' cmjantje was a bit out of character and perhaps a tad unnecessary, as was the comment about his dog.

Maybe I didn't express myself clear enough. :whistling:

I certainly prefer a neighbour with a beautiful Italian sportscar above

one with the kind of dog that was mentioned.

Not only for safety, not only to look at but also to listen to: I would prefer the car.

I guess it is about two years ago that we saw this horrible picture

of the child that had been torn apart by two rottweilers belonging

to a Dutchman living in Thailand. Thai newspapers tend to show this

kind of pictures without restrictions.

And of course these dogs had always been very friendly to children

and so on, and so on. If the neighbors wouldn't have had a child, or

it would have been locked in a cage nothing would have happened...

The gentleman that built the wall is also a foreigner.

He might not have been willing to take the risk that somebody one day

would say that nothing would have happened if he had built a wall.

So he did ... as simple as that!

Why people enjoy to drive a beautiful Italian sportcar even if living

in a country with speed limits and not in, for instance, Germany?

Very simple: Just take it for a spin and you will know!

I wouldn't drive a Ford if I could afford one.

PS: I always loved the sound of engines. The first engine I owned

was the one that was hanging under my first moped, the NSU Quickly.

Not even a barking poodle can beat that.

Listen and shiver:

Very true Limbo, most thieves are opportunist thieves but very unlike you to be so sarcastic! You said to keep my observations coming in another post so there's another one for you.

As well as this one, some other posts I've read from you since you came back from your 'honeymoon' are very different to the ones prior to it. OK, they are still often very interesting, informative and witty but they now come with an added ingredient that wasn't there before.

I just read that you have masses of common sense (as well as obviously being very well-educated) so I wonder why this has happened? There have been quite a few put-downs when people have mentioned they enjoy riding big bikes, something which is a personal choice and brings enjoyment to many people. I see it as being similar to people buying nice cars, a good friend of yours has a very nice Lamborghini doesn't he? Now if I was a betting man I'd stake a wager that you haven't made any similar comments to him or mocked him as to why he chooses to drive such a car, am I right? And for such a educated man with mountains of common sense the recent post to your 'friend' cmjantje was a bit out of character and perhaps a tad unnecessary, as was the comment about his dog.

Please forgive me if my most recent observation isn't to your liking but I'm a bit saddened by the attitude of the post-honeymoon :yohan:

:clap2::thumbsup:

I see it as being similar to people buying nice cars, a good friend of yours has a very nice Lamborghini doesn't he? Now if I was a betting man I'd stake a wager that you haven't made any similar comments to him or mocked him as to why he chooses to drive such a car, am I right? And for such a educated man with mountains of common sense the recent post to your 'friend' cmjantje was a bit out of character and perhaps a tad unnecessary, as was the comment about his dog.

Maybe I didn't express myself clear enough. :whistling:

I certainly prefer a neighbour with a beautiful Italian sportscar above

one with the kind of dog that was mentioned.

Not only for safety, not only to look at but also to listen to: I would prefer the car.

I guess it is about two years ago that we saw this horrible picture

of the child that had been torn apart by two rottweilers belonging

to a Dutchman living in Thailand. Thai newspapers tend to show this

kind of pictures without restrictions.

And of course these dogs had always been very friendly to children

and so on, and so on. If the neighbors wouldn't have had a child, or

it would have been locked in a cage nothing would have happened...

The gentleman that built the wall is also a foreigner.

He might not have been willing to take the risk that somebody one day

would say that nothing would have happened if he had built a wall.

So he did ... as simple as that!

Why people enjoy to drive a beautiful Italian sportcar even if living

in a country with speed limits and not in, for instance, Germany?

Very simple: Just take it for a spin and you will know!

I wouldn't drive a Ford if I could afford one.

PS: I always loved the sound of engines. The first engine I owned

was the one that was hanging under my first moped, the NSU Quickly.

Not even a barking poodle can beat that.

Listen and shiver:

Love the NSU Quickly Limbo, very nice, I might try and import one and find a Ninja to race.

I'm not sure how you could think I was comparing a Rottweiler to a Lamorghini but I can assure you I wasn't and if you read my post again you will see that.

There is already a Rottweiler topic where you can post your tragic story about the Rottweilers attacking the baby. And that story just proves my point about the media's morbid fascination with these dogs. Dogs attack people/children every day but it's never reported unless it's a particular breed that sells stories and the history of the dogs is never told either. If you read more about these two particular dogs had no training or socialization, were often locked in a cage, were both males that hadn't been nuetered and had been regularly beaten as part of their guard dog training. They were not family pets and had had very little interaction with the children and often fought between themselves and neighbours dogs. Any dog with a similar history as these would be dangerous, it's not because they were Rottweilers!

The Lamborghini was mentioned as I have read quite a few posts from you that ridicule/mock people for owning a bigger bike but I'm sure you wouldn't say anything to your good friend with the Lamborghini if he bought one. The car/bike that people own is a personal choice and one that brings enjoyment to a lot of people, it doesn't automatically mean they are more likely to have an accident or that they are re-living their youth etc etc

:clap2::thumbsup:

I told you before VF that I can't help you.

I feel very sorry for you.

In the posting you had removed by a moderator I explained how

and where you can get help.

It's a pity that you didn't want to share that information

with the other members of this forum. More people might want

to know where to go when they come in that situation.

I know that for some, including yourself, this forum has a

therapeutic function. You don't have to be ashamed for that.

Many foreigners slowly but sure get alienated especially when

they live in the middle of nowhere, have no friends etc etc.

Try to be a little bit more positive.

There is misery enough in this world.

You can not blame me for the fact that you were mobbed at school,

or that the girls in your home country were not specially fond of

the pimples you had long into your twenties.

...as I have read quite a few posts from you that ridicule/mock people for owning a bigger bike ...

it doesn't automatically mean they are more likely to have an accident or that they are re-living their youth etc etc

When I was eighteen I bought a fifth hand Jawa, two years later an old Norton.

As you could know from the motorbike thread: I was driving around on a chopper

when I was in my early twenties (the one on the picture, a Triumph Bonneville

with a HD rear wheel). Maybe you didn't recognize me, as I went to another

barber those days...

Here in Chiang Rai I made a tour with 'The Rangers', managed by Dutch R.

On a simple, but very comfortable Phantom. That, a couple of years ago,

was my last ride.

The last seven years I had a Yamaha Serox standing in my garage.

Once a while I warmed it up and that was it.

I know the feeling, don't worry. I am sorry that you placed my postings in a

negative light. There were certainly not meant that way, sooner as a soft warning.

All my life I have had friends with motorbikes.

And I lost just a few too many of them ...

L.

Tip: Do some exercise before you start your bike!

Edited by Limbo

And <deleted> has this got to do with a stolen bag?

Especially my stolen bag. ;)

<deleted> has anything got to do with anything here :D

I need to get around to selling my phantom which has saddle bags, and a Quad if anyones interested. Oh, sorry, wrong topic.

reminds me of a youtube track, "you spin me round (like a record) . Dead or Alive B)

<deleted> has anything got to do with anything here :D

I need to get around to selling my phantom which has saddle bags, and a Quad if anyones interested. Oh, sorry, wrong topic.

reminds me of a youtube track, "you spin me round (like a record) . Dead or Alive B)

The bag was stolen by a Rottweiler on a Ninja!

Where's the youtube link jubby?

I dont do em anymore Stu. upsets people who like it quiet on here.

I'm sensitive to other peoples feelings in my current manifestation.

you passed me yesterday on your Nouvo. comming from school I guess and went left up the new road to Ban du.

I was stood at the lights in my Mac , tried to flash you but you missed it :D

If your going to check it out, I'd recommend the one by britney

Edited by jubby

Hey Will,dont think we have crossed swords before so Hi,it defies my logic also how a stolen bag can become a topic for almost anything,if we other ranks were to do it we would be marking time,but hey we just have to live with it and go with the flow,sorry about your bag mate.

I dont do em anymore Stu. upsets people who like it quiet on here.

I'm sensitive to other peoples feelings in my current manifestation.

you passed me yesterday on your Nouvo. comming from school I guess and went left up the new road to Ban du.

I was stood at the lights in my Mac , tried to flash you but you missed it :D

If your going to check it out, I'd recommend the one by britney

Very considerate but what about the folk who enjoy them?!

Don't burst my bubble Jubby, in my head it's a KLX I'm on, not a Nouvo.

Gutted I missed the mac-flash, if that's a regular spot of yours I'm sure I'll have the chance to see it again, I'll start to carry my camera around with me, the one with the zoom lens ;)

Hey Will,dont think we have crossed swords before so Hi,it defies my logic also how a stolen bag can become a topic for almost anything,if we other ranks were to do it we would be marking time,but hey we just have to live with it and go with the flow,sorry about your bag mate.

Who rattled your Cage Woralak :D ... Other ranks luckily don't have to dine with the Ruperts, so Its all Good B)