Maths Question

Two fathers and two sons went for a walk to the forest. They bought 3 apples on their way home and each of them took one apple home. How was it possible?

OK, took me about 5 seconds..... next :o

Too easy - I got another one:

Two members of ThaiVisa were flaming each other online for hours. The wife of the first member told her husband to stop sitting in front of the computer. He got mad. Later he slept with the wife of the other member.

All parties in this story remained 100% faithful to their spouses. How is it possible?

Too easy - I got another one:

Two members of ThaiVisa were flaming each other online for hours. The wife of the first member told her husband to stop sitting in front of the computer. He got mad. Later he slept with the wife of the other member.

All parties in this story remained 100% faithful to their spouses. How is it possible?

Comm'on fellas, it's not that hard.

Ok guys, try this!

A man is walking through the forest when he gets to the point where he has to decide whether to turn left or right. Once he makes a decision there is no turning back. Moreover, if he chooses the wrong way he will die.

Nearby there is a house where two brothers live (They know which way goes where). One brother always tell the truth and one always lies.

Thw two brothers look exactly the same, and the man does not know who will open the door.

He can ask only one question. What question does he have to ask to be sure that he won't die.

Edited by kempos

The two members were:

husband and his wife

Surely not. "wife of the first member" and "wife of the other member" is not the same thing.

And there is a "he" in the riddle, which rules out lesbians...

I guess there were two couples, who had an open relationship (swingers!). Hence no unfaithfulness - voila - riddle solved.

My solution may be wrong, but it is better! :o

Yes, Whiteshiva, you are probably right. I realized it a few minutes ago.

Maybe they only slept and did not do anything :o

(I thought that when we look from the wife position the husband is the other member).

Edited by kempos

Ok - the solution is simple:

The two members are the same person, logged into ThaiVisa twice using two different names, hence two members (and there are many such cases in this forum :o ).

then this guy trolling the forum, flaming his other nick, but... stay faithful :D

Ok guys, try this!

A man is walking through the forest when he gets to the point where he has to decide whether to turn left or right. Once he makes a decision there is no turning back. Moreover, if he chooses the wrong way he will die.

Nearby there is a house where two brothers live (They know which way goes where). One brother always tell the truth and one always lies.

Thw two brothers look exactly the same, and the man does not know who will open the door.

He can ask only one question. What question does he have to ask to be sure that he won't die.

Is this the way to Amarillo :o

Ok guys, try this!

"what will you brother say if I'd asked him about the right way?"

then he should go to the opposite direction.

:o

Ok guys, try this!

Ask this question of whoever opens the door:

"If I were to ask your brother which path leads to safety, what would he say?"

Then take the opposite path.

brilliant doctormann :D !  where did you get the inspiration from?  :D

I take no credit for this.

The puzzle is just a variant of an oldie but goodie about a dungeon with two doors and two guards. One door leads to death and the other to freedom and one of the guards is honest and the other is not. The solution is just the same - ask a guard what the other one would say.

Now try this:

A native is caught stealing some goodies from the chief's hut and, understandably, the chief is pi**sed off about this and decides to have the man put to death. However, he gives him one chance to avoid death and says to him,

"You may make one statement. If the statement is true you will be beheaded. If it is false you will be thrown to the crocodiles."

The man survives so what statement did he make?

The puzzle is just a variant of an oldie but goodie about a dungeon with two doors and two guards. One door leads to death and the other to freedom and one of the guards is honest and the other is not. The solution is just the same - ask a guard what the other one would say.

Now try this:

A native is caught stealing some goodies from the chief's hut and, understandably, the chief is pi**sed off about this and decides to have the man put to death. However, he gives him one chance to avoid death and says to him,

"You may make one statement. If the statement is true you will be beheaded. If it is false you will be thrown to the crocodiles."

Easy........... :D "I am lying". Niether true nor false.

comm'on, hit us with something harder.

Now try this:

Easy........... :D "I am lying". Niether true nor false.

comm'on, hit us with something harder.

Yes, that would probably do it.

The usual response, if I remember correctly is:

"I will be thrown to the crocodiles."

This gives logical contradiction as, if he is then thrown to the crocs he is telling the truth and should therefore be beheaded rather than eaten.

I'm sure that there are many more logical puzzles out there but I can't think of any more right now.

:D

Maybe guys you help me out with this.

A man is sitting in a bar and talking to the barman. The barman tells him that he has three sons. The man asks about their ages and the barman answers: If you muliply their agaes you will get 72. The man says he needs to know more, so the barman tells him that if he goes outside the opposite building has the numbers which is the sum of their ages. The man goes outside, comes back and says that he still needs to know more. So the barman says: I can tell you that the youngest son loves strawberry ice - creams, and the barman smiles. The man smiles as well as he know the answer. What are the ages of the three sons?

Maybe guys you help me out with this.

A man is sitting in a bar and talking to the barman. The barman tells him that he has three sons. The man asks about their ages and the barman answers: If you muliply their agaes you will get 72. The man says he needs to know more, so the barman tells him that if he goes outside the opposite building has the numbers which is the sum of their ages. The man goes outside, comes back and says that he still needs to know more. So the barman says: I can tell you that the youngest son loves strawberry ice - creams, and the barman smiles. The man smiles as well as he know the answer. What are the ages of the three sons?

3, 4 and 6 i think :D

3 x 4 x 6 = 72

But what the <deleted> have the strawberries got to do with it :o

Mr BoJ

3, 4, 6

1, 4, 18

2, 3, 12

I can think of many different solutions but the thing is that you must be sure, and point the correct one.

I did not have time to think about it longer but here is what I think:

List all the possible answers and choose only the answers that adds up to the same number - rememeber that the man went outside, he knows the sum of the sons' ages but he is still not sure. So it means that at least two answers add up to the same number - in other case he would know their ages after just looking at the number of the opposite building.

And then think what strawberries have to do with it :-)

Edited by kempos

3, 4, 6

1, 4, 18

2, 3, 12

I can think of many different solutions but the thing is that you must be sure, and point the correct one.

List all the possible answers and choose only the answers that adds up to the same number - rememeber that the man went outside, he knows the sum of the sons' ages but he is still not sure. So it means that at least two answers add up to the same number - in other case he would know their ages after just looking at the number of the opposite building.

2, 6 and 6. The strawberries rules out 2, 2 and 18, as well as 3, 3 and 8 (which is the same sum as 2+6+6).

3, 4, 6

1, 4, 18

2, 3, 12

2, 6 and 6. The strawberries rules out 2, 2 and 18, as well as 3, 3 and 8 (which is the same sum as 2+6+6).

Right, this has done my head in. I don't get it, I'm either numb or it's too early in the morning for logic (and i had a few beers last night). Will someone pm me the definitive answer and what <deleted> have strawberries got to do with it :o