Family Visa, Married To Thai, Father Of Thai Kids

I've been for 2 years now on a Non Inmigr- O visa, extended yearly on my Thai company employment basis with work permit.

However this year I've decided to close down my Thai company and I do not need to work further in Thailand. I'm under 50 years old.

My visa is running out soon and i have to find a way how to extend it again, but Thai employment will not be an option for me this time . what to do?

Since I'm married with Thai and have Thai kids of my own i guess i should be able to apply for 1 more year extension on a family Visa basis, but the problem is i do not have 400.000 bath in the bank account as requested.

However, i do have a monthly regular overseas income due to some investments, that is pouring into my USA Bank account over US$3000, every single month, and keeps our family going living comfortable.

Can I show my monthly USA bank statements as a probe of my regular overseas income, instead of 400.000 BHT ? ,

WILL THAT WORK WITH THAI IMMIGRATION to get the extension?

Please advice how should i proceed!

Thank you very much

You can visit the US Embassy ACS and obtain a letter from them indicating your income (will cost 1,200 baht for notary) and use that to provide proof you have more than then required 40k per month. You will also need a bank account (joint fine) and something in it that is verified with a bank letter within 10 days. Your wife will have to be with you and with her ID card/Home Register/birth certificates/marriage certificate and the usual copies of everything. If this is first time you have used support they would probably appreciate photos of you together with family at home.

as i understand it, you have 400,000 in a tha bank, or 40,000 per month coming in, set up a regular transfer of more than 40,000 a month in to your or your wifes bank account and get a letter from you bank confirm it and you should be ok, you also need your marriage cert, tabian bahn (your wife) and make sure your wife goes with you as she must sign a document to confirm you are living as man and wife, don't forget passport, id cards as well